Pregnenolone Questions And Testing

daydreamer

Hi all,
I am a healthy fit male 44yrs old.
Can you point me to a good test or tests for hormones that would include pregnenolone on that panel? I hear blood testing may not be that accurate and that tissue tests are the best?
I am taking this pregnenolone Pregnenolone I was told it was really good but I dont have any testing so I am dosing at 2.4mgs per day and feel a slight difference

Been dealing with awful anxiety and mood issues for the last year following a panic attack, I have had a TON of tests so far and everything looks pretty good and want to try the preg, any thoughts?

DHEA-S 244 70-495
TESTOSTERONE 530 250-827 FREE TEST 56 46 - 224

I know the free test is a bit low and I have many more tests but just posted a few, thanks again

Lurker

Have you tried sugar? Far from placebo, it directly lowers stress hormones. Especially before bed and first thing in the morning or if you wake at night. Fruit, ice cream, OJ, gummi bears etc. You don’t need a ton at a time but keeping blood sugar up should keep stress levels down.

I don’t know about that particular brand of pregnenalone but there isn’t really any upper limit on pregnenalone per se. However the more you take the more other stuff comes along with that may not be beneficial. It’s best to keep hormones in the physiological ranges but you could easily increase the dose to around 15mg and see how it goes. If you feel worse, it’s probably not the pregnenalone. Personally I’ve had better stress lowering results from low dose progesterone 3-9mg as needed.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals