Pregnenolone protects heart from chemotherapy drug

Mauritio

If somebody decides to take doxorubicin or another chemotherapy drug for whatever reason, then it seems smart to take pregnenolone with it. Doxorubicin is known for having a lot of side effects on the heart :
"The rate of cardiomyopathy is dependent on its cumulative dose, with an incidence about 4% when the dose of doxorubicin is 500–550 mg/m2, 18% when the dose is 551–600 mg/m2 and 36% when the dose exceeds 600 mg/m2.[17] "

This study shows that preg was able to strongly alleviate those side effects by lowering oxidative stress and MMP2. MMP2 has been implicated in cancer and is biomarker for covid mortality, so its good to lower that.

The HED was around 400-500mg.

- Pregnenolone Inhibits Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiac Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Apoptosis-Role of Matrix Metalloproteinase 2 and NADPH Oxidase 1 - PubMed

- Doxorubicin - Wikipedia

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

"When a polycyclic bacterial antibiotic, adria-
mycin (later called doxorubicin), was found to be
too toxic to use as an antibiotic, the fact that it was toxic to cancer cells caused it to be developed as a cancer drug. It continued to be widely used even after it was found to cause heart failure in many ofthe "cured" patients, because of its· "success" inkilling cancer cells."
-RP

miquelangeles

Last year pregnenolone helped me recover from post-covid pericarditis. First three months I was having moderate success with ubiquinol, grounding, breathwork and a few other things but when I started taking pregnenolone within one week I was able to do full workouts. It's the most amazing substance but it does have some major drawbacks.

haidut

Forum Supporter
If somebody decides to take doxorubicin or another chemotherapy drug for whatever reason, then it seems smart to take pregnenolone with it. Doxorubicin is known for having a lot of side effects on the heart :
"The rate of cardiomyopathy is dependent on its cumulative dose, with an incidence about 4% when the dose of doxorubicin is 500–550 mg/m2, 18% when the dose is 551–600 mg/m2 and 36% when the dose exceeds 600 mg/m2.[17] "

This study shows that preg was able to strongly alleviate those side effects by lowering oxidative stress and MMP2. MMP2 has been implicated in cancer and is biomarker for covid mortality, so its good to lower that.

The HED was around 400-500mg.

- Pregnenolone Inhibits Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiac Oxidative Stress, Inflammation, and Apoptosis-Role of Matrix Metalloproteinase 2 and NADPH Oxidase 1 - PubMed

- Doxorubicin - Wikipedia

Good find. The findings match a human study that has only been discussed at a conference. A 100mg single dose pregnenolone improved recovery from training and it also lowered CK and lactate. So, it looks like pregnenolone protects from cellular breakdown somehow, the lower LDH is another testament to that. Even anabolic steroids, for all the anticatabolic effects they have, raise LDH at higher doses.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Last year pregnenolone helped me recover from post-covid pericarditis. First three months I was having moderate success with ubiquinol, grounding, breathwork and a few other things but when I started taking pregnenolone within one week I was able to do full workouts. It's the most amazing substance but it does have some major drawbacks.
Same for me, just the dosage is really tricky to figure out. And based on the studies I've seen the dosage can have a pretty drastic effect on the hormones it increases and then you gotta figure in half life and tolerance... I do best on low to very low doses of pregnenolone.

Regina

Great findings Mauritio!
I love pregnenolone.
And it even lowers lactate? just amazing.

miquelangeles

Same for me, just the dosage is really tricky to figure out. And based on the studies I've seen the dosage can have a pretty drastic effect on the hormones it increases and then you gotta figure in half life and tolerance... I do best on low to very low doses of pregnenolone.
Low doses are best in order to achieve the euphoric feeling (it is partly the anti gaba effect that does this), otherwise too much goes to the progesterone pathway, puts you in a very pleasant but passive state.
I haven't taken it in a while because I find it very dangerous and disruptive if not used responsibly. It restores the metabolism to a youthful state and that consequently changes your whole perspective on life. It can make you take up new hobbies, it increases learning and curiosity about exploring unfamiliar topics. In one review article it was called "the most powerful intelligence enhancing agent ever". If you are engaged in projects and professional activities this shift in perspective can either be very disruptive or very beneficial. It can go both ways, that's why I'm saying it can be dangerous although one might not realize it immediately. It also increases the Qi/Prana/Life Froce/Biofield/Energy field/Aura/etc like crazy. Along with DHEA and neurosteroids in general, pregnenolone is the biochemical equivalent of Qi. It allows completely untrained people to feel and work with the Qi. Pregnenolone increases coincidences, synchronicities and telepathic abilities. The reason most people report negative effects from low dose pregnenolone is because everyone lives in a high EMF environment and pregnenolone increases the Qi and the magnetic field of the body. The left-handed scalar component of EMF pollution with the right-hand scalar nature of Qi are conflicting and give rise to new electromagnetic fields. A lot of people report muscle stiffness, irritability, headaches and other bad reactions to low dose pregnenolone. This usually doesn't happen if you go EMF free. I suspect that Ray's bad experience with modern versions of pregnenolone was actually due to the same reasons, the increase in electrosmog in recent decades and there weren't personal computers in the 50's, 60's, 70's nor LED bulbs or switched mode power supplies everywhere.

haidut

Forum Supporter
it is partly the anti gaba effect that does this

Pregnenolone (P5) itself, as well as DHEA, do not have anti-GABA effects. It is their sulphated forms that do. Steroids with a saturated A ring and a hydroxyl group on position C-3 such as P5 and DHEA are GABA agonists. Allopregnanolone is a good example of classic steroidal GABA agonists. The C-3-OH metabolite of DHT called androstanediol is also a strong GABA agonist.
These effects have been confirmed many times in the older studies with animals in the 60s and 70s where a pregnenolone injection was sedating, though not as strongly as progesterone. When taken in higher doses and orally (topically does not produce such effects) the intestinal cells quickly convert most of the P5 into pregnenolone sulfate (and DHEA into DHEA-S) and those derivatives do act as GABA antagonists. When taken topically, on their own, P5 or DHEA are very calming. Try pregnenolone just mixed with some butter and rubbed on your skin and you will see it is nothing like oral. There was a steroid discovered in the 1950s called Cetadiol, which is basically a very close analog to DHEA and it was strongly sedating, did not convert into downstream steroids, and was used to treat successfully alcoholism in doses in the 25mg-75mg daily range. If P5 or DHEA have anti-GABA effects when taken, it is from their metabolites, and invariably only from oral route.

@Mauritio

I do agree with everything else you said. The only thing I'd like to add is that "synchronicity" simply means the resonant structure that a person's consciousness is, is in resonance with the "waves of reality" (the neutrino sea Peat ad Dudley mentioned). In other words, you are "vibing" with reality when metabolism is good:): Children experience a very high frequency of sychronicities/coincidences, which suggests that reality's behavior/rhythm is akin to a child's. Heraclitus said essentially the same thing almost 3,000 years ago.
"...Eternity is like a child playing at draughts; the kingdom belongs to a child."

Last edited:

miquelangeles

Pregnenolone (P5) itself, as well as DHEA, do not have anti-GABA effects. It is their sulphated forms that do. Steroids with a saturated A ring and a hydroxyl group on position C-3 such as P5 and DHEA are GABA agonists. Allopregnanolone is a good example of classic steroidal GABA agonists. The C-3-OH metabolite of DHT called andorstanediol is also a strong GABA agonist.
These effects have been confirmed many times in the older studies with animals in the 60s and 70s where a pregnenolone injection was sedating, though not as strongly as progesterone. When taken in higher doses and orally (topically does not produce such effects) the intestinal cells quickly convert most of the P5 into pregnenolone sulfate (and DHEA into DHEA-S) and those derivatives do act as GABA antagonists. When taken topically, on their own, P5 or DHEA are very calming. Try pregnenolone just mixed with some butter and rubbed on your skin and you will see it is nothing like oral. There was a steroid discovered in the 1950s called Cetadiol, which is basically a very close analog to DHEA and it was strongly sedating, did not convert into downstream steroids, and was used to treat successfully alcoholism in doses in the 25mg-75mg daily range. If P5 or DHEA have anti-GABA effects when taken, it is from their metabolites, and invariably only from oral route.

@Mauritio
Yes, it is the sulfate that has excitatory effects. But allopregnanolone is one of the most potent activator of GABAA with high affinity and displacing potency. It is allopregnanolone that mediates the anesthetic effect of progesterone and no amount of coffee was able to get me out of such state, the only option was to ride it out. The allopregnanolone effect feels great, a little bit of it is good, and obviously it's a whole range of metabolites responsible for final effect but it's likely be the sulfates that make you feel alive and euphoric. Pregnenolone sulfate has some other effects of its own as well, including stimulating neurogenesis. And I wouldn't look at the anti-gaba effect strictly in a negative way. I tried pregnenolone in every possible way including homeopathic and in a bio circuit. The reality is that It's not the chemical composition of a substance that gives its effects, it is the energy field that is emitted by it. And this field can be replicated, recorded, amplified etc. When you apply a steroid cream on your body much of the effect is achieved through a nontransdermal effect caused by the emitted field. You can also get an effect simply by holding a pregnenolone or any medicine pill in a mudra between your fingers or somewhere close to your body. Obviously it wouldn't be exactly the same as taking it internally where it would be transformed to multiple other metabolites.

The reason most people report negative effects from low dose pregnenolone is because everyone lives in a high EMF environment and pregnenolone increases the Qi and the magnetic field of the body. The left-handed scalar component of EMF pollution with the right-hand scalar nature of Qi are conflicting and give rise to new electromagnetic fields. A lot of people report muscle stiffness, irritability, headaches and other bad reactions to low dose pregnenolone. This usually doesn't happen if you go EMF free. I suspect that Ray's bad experience with modern versions of pregnenolone was actually due to the same reasons, the increase in electrosmog in recent decades and there weren't personal computers in the 50's, 60's, 70's nor LED bulbs or switched mode power supplies everywhere.
Reminded me of this Eric Dollard quote
1685307652466.png

Regina

Pregnenolone (P5) itself, as well as DHEA, do not have anti-GABA effects. It is their sulphated forms that do. Steroids with a saturated A ring and a hydroxyl group on position C-3 such as P5 and DHEA are GABA agonists. Allopregnanolone is a good example of classic steroidal GABA agonists. The C-3-OH metabolite of DHT called androstanediol is also a strong GABA agonist.

@Mauritio

I do agree with everything else you said. The only thing I'd like to add is that "synchronicity" simply means the resonant structure that a person's consciousness is, is in resonance with the "waves of reality" (the neutrino sea Peat ad Dudley mentioned). In other words, you are "vibing" with reality when metabolism is good:): Children experience a very high frequency of sychronicities/coincidences, which suggests that reality's behavior/rhythm is akin to a child's. Heraclitus said essentially the same thing almost 3,000 years ago.
"...Eternity is like a child playing at draughts; the kingdom belongs to a child."
Exquisite quote.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

@Mauritio

Yes i think you saw the study posted on alcholics and pregnenolone! Although they used 300mg.
I find topical pregnenolone more androgenic especially when applied over the thyroid for some reason.

Interesting that you mention synchronicity: A few days ago i re-listened to exactly that conversation with Peat about the Neutrino sea, deja vus ,life after death, etc... one of my favorites.

Have you read heraclitus? Been thinking about doing that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals