Pregnenolone, Progesterone, DHEA supplementation advice

Vedder28

A question for people who may relate to my state of being:

I'm 46 and have been experiencing general fatigue and brain fog for some time now. Low libido as well. My sleep has also been crap for some time. I usually wake 3-4 times a night, poor sleep quality, and also urinate quite often in the middle of the night.

A week ago I started taking 50mg pregnenolone in the evening and I have experienced positive effects. My sleep is much better, I probably only wake up once a night. Last night I went to bed at midnight and woke up at 6am...slept straight through. That has not happened in years.

Since starting the 50mg Pregnenolone (orally) I also have noticed the brain fog is much better and I have more energy during the day. I've also noticed that I wake up with erections like I was in my mid 20's or something. So all in all, very positive effects in the first week!

My question: I'm looking to test out supplementing with Progesterone +DHEA to see if that helps even further. Is there an issues trying that combo out in addition to the pregnenolone? I have slowly (very slowly) been losing my hair for the past 20 years, so I don't want to speed that process up...rather, I'm looking to stop it. I see conflicting stories on here with progesterone and DHEA and hair loss. I was thinking starting with a small does of the Progesterone +DHEA...no more that 2-3mg of the DHEA, maybe a 2-3 times a week. Or maybe I should use Pansterone only a few times a week and continue with the oral 50mg of pregnenolone on the other days?

Anyone have any experience with this or thoughts?

Arnold Grape

I would search for the Pansterone thread since it is a combination of prog and dhea. There is a lot of discussion about the optimal dosage, experiences, etc.

Beastmode

I'm 46 and have been experiencing general fatigue and brain fog for some time now. Low libido as well. My sleep has also been crap for some time. I usually wake 3-4 times a night, poor sleep quality, and also urinate quite often in the middle of the night.

A week ago I started taking 50mg pregnenolone in the evening and I have experienced positive effects. My sleep is much better, I probably only wake up once a night. Last night I went to bed at midnight and woke up at 6am...slept straight through. That has not happened in years.

Since starting the 50mg Pregnenolone (orally) I also have noticed the brain fog is much better and I have more energy during the day. I've also noticed that I wake up with erections like I was in my mid 20's or something. So all in all, very positive effects in the first week!

My question: I'm looking to test out supplementing with Progesterone +DHEA to see if that helps even further. Is there an issues trying that combo out in addition to the pregnenolone? I have slowly (very slowly) been losing my hair for the past 20 years, so I don't want to speed that process up...rather, I'm looking to stop it. I see conflicting stories on here with progesterone and DHEA and hair loss. I was thinking starting with a small does of the Progesterone +DHEA...no more that 2-3mg of the DHEA, maybe a 2-3 times a week. Or maybe I should use Pansterone only a few times a week and continue with the oral 50mg of pregnenolone on the other days?

Seeing that you're getting positive results with pregnenolone, you'll be able to discern if the DHEA addition contributes positively or not. Definitely the best way to experiment in my experience. You might want to play with the pregnenolone amount before you even consider the DHEA addition.

I take 100 mg of pregnenolone every morning and dhea not long afterward. I think it's worth testing it out orally (like you mentioned with progresterone) if you don't have a sensitive stomach or topically dissolved in vitamin e or olive oil. Topically Peat has told me to use about 10 times more as only up to 10% of the solution gets into the system.

baccheion

One symptom of progesterone deficiency is MPB. With it happening that slowly, I'll mention melatonin. Heh. Sustained-release. Perhaps explicitly supplementing progesterone will also work. There's also megadose melatonin (see: Jeff T. Bowles).

OP
V

Vedder28

Seeing that you're getting positive results with pregnenolone, you'll be able to discern if the DHEA addition contributes positively or not. Definitely the best way to experiment in my experience. You might want to play with the pregnenolone amount before you even consider the DHEA addition.

I take 100 mg of pregnenolone every morning and dhea not long afterward. I think it's worth testing it out orally (like you mentioned with progresterone) if you don't have a sensitive stomach or topically dissolved in vitamin e or olive oil. Topically Peat has told me to use about 10 times more as only up to 10% of the solution gets into the system.
yes, I currently take preg orally. I was actually thinking progesterone topically, but can try orally as well. Can the Idealab supps be taken orally if desired?

OP
V

Vedder28

One symptom of progesterone deficiency is MPB. With it happening that slowly, I'll mention melatonin. Heh. Sustained-release. Perhaps explicitly supplementing progesterone will also work. There's also megadose melatonin (see: Jeff T. Bowles).
Thank you! I've actually read Bowles Vit D book a while back, I will have to look into melatonin. I do take 3mg before bed most nights.

Beastmode

yes, I currently take preg orally. I was actually thinking progesterone topically, but can try orally as well. Can the Idealab supps be taken orally if desired?
I wouldn't take the pansterone orally, but that's my preference. I also don't mess with the DMSO much either which is why I just take the dhea with olive oil and pregnenelone (and progrest-e at times) orally.

IVILA

what if your dhea levels are low before adding any of these? Wouldn't jumping straight to dhea at a small dose (5mg) be good since your not sure how much of pregnenolone will convert to dhea if you supplement with p5.

Beastmode

what if your dhea levels are low before adding any of these? Wouldn't jumping straight to dhea at a small dose (5mg) be good since your not sure how much of pregnenolone will convert to dhea if you supplement with p5.
My dhea levels are on the low end. I'm not concerned about it personally. I'm more about how I consistently feel.

IVILA

My dhea levels are on the low end. I'm not concerned about it personally. I'm more about how I consistently feel.
yeah but if you actually have most of the symptoms of dhea deficiency and feel like your not at your highest potential, then supplementing pregnenolone may not help all that much rather than adding in some dhea as well, am I right?

Beastmode

yeah but if you actually have most of the symptoms of dhea deficiency and feel like your not at your highest potential, then supplementing pregnenolone may not help all that much rather than adding in some dhea as well, am I right?
In my direct experience, pregnenolone alone doesn't give me the androgenic boost like DHEA when taken alone. I get more of a mood boost that's steady throughout the day with pregnenolone. I do the basics really consistently (low pufa, calcium intake, etc) so I tend to notice subtle differences from any supplement I take. I'm 42 so the "youth hormones" are part of my daily stack. Progest-e on most days (1-3 drops) depending on when I need it.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter

Is that 50mg of Pregnenolone powder, from a capsule?