Agent207

@haidut what in your opinion drives primarily cortisol up... low blood sugar, or glucose not being carried inside the cell because impaired insulin sensitivity? I mean, blood glucose may be high because of this, then what is the main cause that triggers cortisol release exactly, blood levels, or hungry cells?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut what in your opinion drives primarily cortisol up... low blood sugar, or glucose not being carried inside the cell because impaired insulin sensitivity? I mean, blood glucose may be high because of this, then what is the main cause that triggers cortisol release exactly, blood levels, or hungry cells?

I think the primary factor for high cortisol is increasing PUFA stores with aging, which leads to chronic high grade inflammation and estrogen excess. No PUFA, no inflammation, no estrogen, no cortisol. This is why anti-inflamamtory drugs are anabolic in old people - i.e. they lower inflammation and cortisol goes down as a result, allowing normal steroidogenesis and testosterone levels to go up. This is one of the reasons anti-inflammatory drugs often improve insulin sensitivity - i.e. due to lowering inflammation they also lower cortisol and lowered cortisol leads to lower estrogen, lower lipolysis, less insulin release and better glucose utilization.
Inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 activity enhances steroidogenesis and steroidogenic acute regulatory gene expression in MA-10 mouse Leydig cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited:

Agent207

I think the primary factor for high cortisol is increasing PUFA stores with aging, which leads to chronic high grade inflammation and estrogen excess. No PUFA, no inflammation, no estrogen, no cortisol. This is why anti-inflamamtory drugs are anabolic in old people - i.e. they lower inflammation and cortisol goes down as a result, allowing normal steroidogenesis and testosterone levels to go up. This is one of the reasons anti-inflammatory drugs often improve insulin sensitivity - i.e. due to lowering inflammation they also lower cortisol and lowered cortisol leads to lower estrogen, lower lipolysis, less insulin release and better glucose utilization.
Inhibition of cyclooxygenase-2 activity enhances steroidogenesis and steroidogenic acute regulatory gene expression in MA-10 mouse Leydig cells. - PubMed - NCBI

Yep, I'm aware of the pufa-cortisol link. But pufa aside, I guess energy supply affect cortisol too. My question was more oriented to glucose metabolism; if, is it blood glucose level by itself or the ability to enter the cell what triggers cortisol release in first instance. Its more a technical metabolic question I'm not sure about.

Or is it just insulin the signaling factor?

Last edited:

chispas

I am finding now the further I go on zero fat and using drops(stressnon and andro or DHP) on my feet, I am starting to see improvements in sleep, libido, etc. Still consuming lots of sucrose.

Great! Stick with what works. I think Ray and Danny have mentioned the benefits of applying supplements to the legs. I have applied supps to my feet in the past, and it's worked well. Oregano oil works great on the feet if you get sick. Lisuride also worked well on the feet for treating migraine.

docall18

I think the key to using preg, prog, & Dhea, is to combine them all at a balanced dose.

Taking preg or prog seems to jack up the cortisol, (estrogen, prolactin etc) side of things.
Using Dhea with them, balances the cortisol.

Using just Dhea seems to increase adrenaline and lower thyroid.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yep, I'm aware of the pufa-cortisol link. But pufa aside, I guess energy supply affect cortisol too. My question was more oriented to glucose metabolism; if, is it blood glucose level by itself or the ability to enter the cell what triggers cortisol release in first instance. Its more a technical metabolic question I'm not sure about.

Or is it just insulin the signaling factor?

The high cortisol in relation to the high glucose is more of a response to the high insulin release when there is insulin resistance. In insulin resistance, basal insulin levels are much highers and cortisol rises to prevent what the body perceives as potential for hypoglycemia due to the high insulin. Insulin and cortisol usually have a very close correlation. In addition, as metabolism declines, cortisol synthesis stays about the same but clearance decreases. (In high metabolism cortisol sytthesis increases but so does clearance so the net effect can be even lower cortisol than in euthyroid people.) So, that decreased clearance contributes to elevated systemic cortisol as well. There are multiple factors and it is hard to say which one is the chicken and which one the egg but in the end it does not matter as addressing any of them (or all of them together) tends to improve the issue. I would go with PUFA depletion first since it has such general effects on slowing down metabolism (and thus cortisol clearance), increasing cortisol synthesis directly, promoting estrogen synthesis and thus lipolysis and insulin resistance, and of course promoting inflammation which drives cortisol even further.

Mauritio

How come this study shows that only DHEA drops during aging . In women progesterone stays pretty much the same and allopregnanolone even seems to increase ...?
Although in men all 3 hormones decline .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210306-100442_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210306-100442_Chrome.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Circulating_Levels_of_Allopregnanolone_in_Humans_G.pdf
    157.4 KB · Views: 10

Gustav3Y

Wouldn't women ovulate forever if the progesterone would be the same forever?
Most women that have anovulatory cycles have poor to no progesterone, and they won't even ever realize it, I've met a couple of these examples, only after suggesting to test progesterone it was picked up.
Keep in mind suggesting these sort of things to ordinary people gets all kind of unwanted reactions, especially if their doctors never test for progesterone.

Mauritio

Wouldn't women ovulate forever if the progesterone would be the same forever?
Most women that have anovulatory cycles have poor to no progesterone, and they won't even ever realize it, I've met a couple of these examples, only after suggesting to test progesterone it was picked up.
Keep in mind suggesting these sort of things to ordinary people gets all kind of unwanted reactions, especially if their doctors never test for progesterone.
Yeah and I think its estrogen that stays the same or raises and progesterone that declines, so something doesnt add up here ...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals