Pregnenolone Or Progestene?

alex mas

hi people,
i am new and i would like your suggestion. What is better to iperactivity of axis HPA and restore it ? and what dosage ?

thanks

opethfeldt

Progesterone works better for stress reduction purposes, in my personal experience. 20mg or so works well.

Light

@haidut You started saying last week on Danny Roddy's live stream something about the different reaction people can have to progesterone and pregnenolone,
but then the conversation went somewhere else.
Can you please elaborate a little - did you mean that some people can have side effects when using progesterone but not have those reactions when using pregnenolone?
If so - how is pregnenolone better?

Also there are big difference in opinions when it comes to dose, in the following site : https://www.progesteronetherapy.com/how-to-use-progesterone-cream.html there's the following quote: "For general use and to reverse mild symptoms 100-200mg/day progesterone is needed. If severe problems are experienced 400-500mg/day are needed." (This dose is for women)
Does that seem excessive to you, and if you were to translate that to pregnenolone would it be the same amount - meaning 100-200mg/day pregnenolone for mild symptoms, or would you need a different amount, maybe more since some of it would convert to DHEA?

TeaRex14

In the past Ray has recommended males to try pregnenolone before attempting supplemental progesterone. In theory, they should both achieve the same or similar desired effects. It's just pregnenolone will cause a lot of downstream synthesis of different hormones (including progesterone). Whereas taking progesterone direct requires a little more care, because it could potentially shut off testosterone production. So pregnenolone is the super safe bet.

Light

In the past Ray has recommended males to try pregnenolone before attempting supplemental progesterone. In theory, they should both achieve the same or similar desired effects. It's just pregnenolone will cause a lot of downstream synthesis of different hormones (including progesterone). Whereas taking progesterone direct requires a little more care, because it could potentially shut off testosterone production. So pregnenolone is the super safe bet.
I think for guys it is, but for women progesterone seems to have just stacks of benefits,
so if there aren't harmful side effects why not take loads? It may keep me young forever...

TeaRex14

Women probably could take progesterone a little more liberally, though, I haven't really looked into it thoroughly.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut You started saying last week on Danny Roddy's live stream something about the different reaction people can have to progesterone and pregnenolone,
but then the conversation went somewhere else.
Can you please elaborate a little - did you mean that some people can have side effects when using progesterone but not have those reactions when using pregnenolone?
If so - how is pregnenolone better?

Also there are big difference in opinions when it comes to dose, in the following site : How to use progesterone cream there's the following quote: "For general use and to reverse mild symptoms 100-200mg/day progesterone is needed. If severe problems are experienced 400-500mg/day are needed." (This dose is for women)
Does that seem excessive to you, and if you were to translate that to pregnenolone would it be the same amount - meaning 100-200mg/day pregnenolone for mild symptoms, or would you need a different amount, maybe more since some of it would convert to DHEA?

I was saying that a study that I am about to post showed that lower doses progesterone and pregnenolone seemed to increase estrogen release from some cells but higher doses and longer exposure ( at least 3 days) had the opposite effects. Peat said the same thing, that some people may get an exacerbation of estrogen symptoms from a lower dose progesterone and in that case he thinks at least 100+mg daily should be tried. Another study with pregnenolone showed that 200mg pregnenolone daily only partially blocked estrogen symptoms, but a 500mg daily dose blocked them fully.
Pregnenolone Is A (functional) Estrogen Antagonist

I think for males, trying the higher dose pregnenolone may be safer, especially if combined with 3mg-5mg DHEA, as it would tend to not have such a strong anti-androgenic effects as a high-dose progesterone.

Wagner83

I was saying that a study that I am about to post showed that lower doses progesterone and pregnenolone seemed to increase estrogen release from some cells but higher doses and longer exposure ( at least 3 days) had the opposite effects. Peat said the same thing, that some people may get an exacerbation of estrogen symptoms from a lower dose progesterone and in that case he thinks at least 100+mg daily should be tried. Another study with pregnenolone showed that 200mg pregnenolone daily only partially blocked estrogen symptoms, but a 500mg daily dose blocked them fully.
Pregnenolone Is A (functional) Estrogen Antagonist
Does that mean the low doses would be temporarily negative or plain negative?
A few people complained about sensitive nipples from "small" doses of some of the androgens you sell.

haidut

Forum Supporter