Pregnenolone Or Niacinamide?

jaa

Both these supplements arrived today. Which one should I start taking first?

cliff

Try them both? :p start out with small amounts like 10-20mg each and adjust from there.

OP
J

jaa

Haha in time. I want to take one for about a week to gauge it's effects before I take the other. Are there any advantages to taking one before the other? Is one likely to help me more than the other?

Jenn

Both. ;) They do very different things.

Pregnenelone is the precursor to all the other hormones, if your temperature is below normal you are not making enough of your own. I take it first thing in the am and I really notice it as a lack of brain fog, improved memory during the day. My skin improves sometimes.

Niacinamide is about energy utilization. It oxygenates (vs oxidizes, like pufas). I take about 2000 mg/day or more at times. I take 1 capsule every couple of hours.

POSSIBLE TMI warning:
A word of caution, it can be stimulating to the intestines in that it helps the intestines move things along. I did not realize that my intestinal system was working only passively previously. Gravity fed, if you will. When I took the niacinamide, the intestinal muscles woke up and HURT (cramps) due to calcification. This was in combination with cascara sagrada. I felt like I was having a baby.....no, I don't remember that hurting as bad. What passed was stuff that felt like it had been there for a long time, mixed with loose. Cascara sagrada by itself is very mild for me, as is niacinimide by itself. The combination was a doozy...until the intestines were able to decalcify enough as to not be painful when working.

I also had some bizarre odors occurring, like fast food restaurant smells, for example. I think it was detoxing the bad fats. It also makes your BM fluffy. :roll:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Interesting, thank you Jenn!

OP
J

jaa

Thanks for all that info Jenn!

I took 50mg of pregnenolone last night. I didn't notice a face lift feeling, but I did feel good afterwards. Similar to how I feel with 2 250W bulbs shining towards my face. Not sure if that's a placebo or not. I also slept better than I have for a while. Gonna stick with 50mg in the morning and evening for a while.

jaketthomas

Jaa, what are you looking to accomplish with the pregnenolone?
What are you looking to accomplish with the niacinamide?

Blindly taking supplements without a particular goal in mind isn't the best idea, so I'm curious as to what prompted you to buy those supplements.

OP
J

jaa

The Peat diet wasn't raising my temps (96.0F) or pulse (60bmp), so I decided to try pregenenolone and niacinamide to see if they would help. As you pointed out, probably not the greatest idea, but they did help. I have decided to dial back the pregnenolone after reading your post in the pregnenolone other thread.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals