Pregnenolone & or DHEA on TRT for anxiety&hair loss

fasoracetam

Hello, this is my first post on this forum and I've read some threads about the importance of Pregnenolone (&DHEA) when on TRT.

Things I wish to improve the most is anxiety/depression via Allopregnanolone I think.
Since I switched TRT protocols (from gel to injections) and my blood isnt fully saturated yet, I still experience "low T" symptoms.

Which manifest as following: anxiety, paranoia, obsessive negative thoughts (shame, grief, regret, "ptsd flashback like") low motivation, low libido, facial tics.
All of these symptoms already improved a bit, but they still get worse later in the day.

I feel the best after waking up in the morning.

So I bought 10mg Pregnenolone capsules since i wanted to start low.
Orally there isnt much of a noticable effect, if any.
30mg? maybe a bit. 50mg has a definite effect which I would describe as enhanced colors, something mental (cant put my finger on it) and a calming effect=.

I also tried it sublingual, from 10-30mg. Its definitely way stronger. 30mg sublingual is a big dose though and the mental effect was strong. It was also very calming but also sedating.

Should I try out the 100mg orally every 3 days/ 3 times per week next?

If I understand it right I want to take the preg orally to favor the prog -> alloprog pathway? And its a bellshaped response curve so too less or too much is both a negative effect?

Now I also worry about hair loss. Which started when I got on TRT. Ive read low preg doses are more androgenic, so worse for my hair?
Is there a chance that pregnenolone could actually help my hair on TRT by having 5-ar inhibition effects?

Also, would it be wise to add DHEA?

thanks in advance

Unknownuser

Yes Pregnenolone was a gamechanger for me. I had some kind of trauma in 2012 and ever since suffering from horrible anxiety. To a level I could not go out and look people in the eyes. So in December I started with 10mg pregnenolone putting under my tongue together with 25mg Dhea. And within a week my personality changed a lot. It was like all anxiety disappeared. Unfortunately it does not work anymore as it did back then. I stopped it couple times in between. It still works but like only 50% of what it did.

I started TRT just 2 weeks ago so I cant tell anything about that. But I take it actually in hope to lower anxiety issues. And of course get libido back.

OP
F

fasoracetam

i want to add some DHEA too but I worry about hair loss and or conversion to estrogen. Do you know if its a risk?

Unknownuser

i want to add some DHEA too but I worry about hair loss and or conversion to estrogen. Do you know if its a risk?
I dont know. But TRT is a risk for hair loss too. Only advice I can give you, never take Finasteride. Live with losing hair if it happens. You can search my post history. I took Finasteride 15 years ago and that ****88 my life. I still have post finasteride syndrome.

OP
F

fasoracetam

im scared to try it. When I had low T my life was living hell, so I know how awful messing up hormones is.
I will keep it to topical anti androgens, hope that will suffice.

Ill read up about additional DHEA supplementation, maybe thats whats missing for me to feel better

SonOfEurope

It's ironic because most of Testosterone's positive mental attributes are from 5-Alpha's reduction to DHT.

A good base of Pregnenolone and Progesterone (The Brain's favourites) are needed for Androgens/Sex hormones to even have a positive effect, and as the man himself said - "The farther a Substance is from it's precursor, the less safe"

Have you been diagnosed with hypogonadism? Either way, never increase an end hormone without a larger ratio of precursors for the sake of balance, while you're on TRT do not use an abomination like Fin, focus on improving liver health, lowering BF, light, Thyroid, diet, Pregnenolone at 30 or 40mg will provide spare Progesterone to quench overactive adrenals, should help with the hair loss, keep DHEA low, at a ratio of Max 8:1 in Pregnenolone's favor, weekly aspirin and daily vitamin K to block aromstase activity a bit, which is already overactive in a stressed body.