Pregnenolone May Protect From Marijuana Intoxication

Makrosky

BobbyDukes said:
For anyone who ever experienced a panic attack from cannabis; take niacinamide under the tongue.

It completely obliterates the panic attack.

I know this because, I developed a rather unhealthy cannabinoid habit (research chemicals). These things, are extremely potent and many times stronger than cannabis itself. Overdosing is very easy, and is anything but fun. I drove myself to the hospital one time, because I was convinced that I was about to have a heart attack.

But yeah, niacinanide is amazing for that purpose.

Ok, so it obliterates the panic attack, but you'll still be "high" ? Or will it bring you down like you didn't smoke anything ?

BobbyDukes

Makrosky said:
BobbyDukes said:
For anyone who ever experienced a panic attack from cannabis; take niacinamide under the tongue.

It completely obliterates the panic attack.

I know this because, I developed a rather unhealthy cannabinoid habit (research chemicals). These things, are extremely potent and many times stronger than cannabis itself. Overdosing is very easy, and is anything but fun. I drove myself to the hospital one time, because I was convinced that I was about to have a heart attack.

But yeah, niacinanide is amazing for that purpose.

Ok, so it obliterates the panic attack, but you'll still be "high" ? Or will it bring you down like you didn't smoke anything ?

Just the panic attack. I tried niacinamide under the tongue again recently, and it burnt my tongue. So, I won't be taking it this way again.

Blinkyrocket

pboy said:
the difference though is that they taste harsh or bitter, like a poison, and can make you throw up, induce abortion, and all other clear indicators of a poison. Cannabis has no such qualities. Its less toxic than most commonly eaten foods. I suspect theres other foods, plants in nature that contain CB activating substances, they just aren't in our food supply. Some herbs like Echinacea, and even black pepper, I think even banana peels to a minor extent, have some weak CB activating properties. Ive used hundreds of herbs in their dried whole form, experimenting, and have tried pretty much every common food prepared in various ways, and I know the science behind the molecules they contain so I can tie things together, and to the sense on the palate...cannabis remains as one of the only herbs I still use because it doesn't hurt GI in any way, dilates lungs...it actually greatly enhances breathing, and has no bitter or astringent notes, sour notes at all in taste or smell. Its more pleasant and less 'off' than even basil or oregano, and WAY less than garlic. Its less toxic than coffee...its not even toxic, like its more 'food' than most foods in the sense of providing nourishment without any undesirable side effects accompanied by other undesirable molecules in the food. In large amounts it just makes you tired, which passes in a couple hours, and actually can be refreshing. If you are in the flow of something enjoyable, an activity, then that effect is hardly noticeable

its either this, or there is some other reason why people cannot produce enough anandamide for one reason or another
What about the stereotype that stoners are slow-witted? And just all around slow people, is that just put in the movies to make it look bad or what? Im inclined to believe that marijuana quite possibly does have bad effects or at least undesirable effects to me (the possibility of anything like a "bad trip" is terrifying, I deal with panic attacks without the help of foreign and uncontrollable feelings of "getting high" or "coming down")

Yep, at the very least the reward system has the ability for something like pot to make us lazy - and studies show this to be true. I've smoked it enough in the past to know this. But also, as an athlete, I've used it to recover quicker and kill pain to train for longer hours.

I also applaud burtlancast for sticking to logical interpretation during this thread... We need more of this if we're going to try to be as perceptive as our idol, Peat :)

Parsifal

pboy said:
post 57918 they cant handle the anti-bitchness it suddenly induces, which they have been lacking their whole lives

you can up the dose but its best effects are in small amounts so you don't wanna pass out. It induces extremely restful rebuilding rest. It was used by wrestlers and athletes in ancient india for thousands of years for this exact purpose...probably why bodybuilders smoke these days. It is anti seretonigenic, if you smoke it right and use quality herb...I daresay one of the most there is of any herb, substance. Keep in mind serotonin is the learned helplessness, forcing patience chemical...and it makes you free of those bonds, or at least notice all the bull**** that causes this...I mean, its incredibly profound...and like I said in another topic, the more you use it in novel and new, or just any normal life situation, the more it benefits. You cant be of weak courage

Do you have any source that say that Cannabis is anti-serotoninergic? Everytime that I try to take some it reduces my temp and I feel cold, could put me into seizure if I took too much, even when I eat it. I've read that people with hypothyroidism really can't stand it, and I've tried very good quality with different strains, from Indica to Sativa.

burtlancast said:
post 57892 From your article:
The administration of the main active principle of Cannabis sativa (THC), substantially increases the synthesis of pregnenolone in the brain via activation of the type-1 cannabinoid (CB1) receptor. Pregnenolone then, acting as a signaling-specific inhibitor of the CB1 receptor, reduces several effects of THC.

So, THC activates synthesis of pregnenolone in the brain.

We are probably touching at the mechanism enabling THC to regenerate neurons, and favorably impact Alzheimer, Parkinsons, Dementias, ...

How can it be good for Alzheimer when it busts your short term memory and your ability to dream?

Maybe the effects on cholinergic neurons is another aspect, maybe glutamate as well? Anti-exctitotoxic?
There is some concern that it may decrease the immune system strength so possible endotoxin burst?

Everything that rises endorphins and dopamin seems to activate stress pathway to some degree.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parsifal

Maybe dry and old cannabis that is not fresh will be full of histamines/endotoxines as well compared to the fresh plant that we would find in nature?

narouz

Just as a point of reference,
and because people like to say that Peat never makes definite,
regardless-of-context,
general statements... :D

Peat said about marijuana:
it should "never be smoked."

I am ashamed to report that I am a Peat Infidel in this respect.

narouz

Such_Saturation said:
It wasn't true surprise in that smiley, if it can make you feel better :cool:

You know, I think I do feel a bit better now.
But maybe because I just got stoned. :lol:

Maybe I am (sorry I'm doing no-smiley week). Better than your usual ground Baobab.

narouz

ummm...dunno.
I get pretty high just looking at that thing...

Attachments

• baobob.jpg
    baobob.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 386
narouz said:
post 98769 ummm...dunno.
I get pretty high just looking at that thing...

See that tall trunk? It's trying to get away from mammals who try to eat it.

narouz

Such_Saturation said:

Just your learned helplessness talking, brother.
Go unto the Baobob,
stand beneath it,
and manna shall rain down upon you,
as if from Heaven.

narouz said:
post 98775
Such_Saturation said:

Just your learned helplessness talking, brother.
Go unto the Baobob,
stand beneath it,
and manna shall rain down upon you,
as if from Heaven.

Yes, and fresh.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals