Pregnenolone May Protect From Marijuana Intoxication

Yes, technically we have "receptors" for LSD and amphetamine :mrgreen:

pboy

the difference though is that they taste harsh or bitter, like a poison, and can make you throw up, induce abortion, and all other clear indicators of a poison. Cannabis has no such qualities. Its less toxic than most commonly eaten foods. I suspect theres other foods, plants in nature that contain CB activating substances, they just aren't in our food supply. Some herbs like Echinacea, and even black pepper, I think even banana peels to a minor extent, have some weak CB activating properties. Ive used hundreds of herbs in their dried whole form, experimenting, and have tried pretty much every common food prepared in various ways, and I know the science behind the molecules they contain so I can tie things together, and to the sense on the palate...cannabis remains as one of the only herbs I still use because it doesn't hurt GI in any way, dilates lungs...it actually greatly enhances breathing, and has no bitter or astringent notes, sour notes at all in taste or smell. Its more pleasant and less 'off' than even basil or oregano, and WAY less than garlic. Its less toxic than coffee...its not even toxic, like its more 'food' than most foods in the sense of providing nourishment without any undesirable side effects accompanied by other undesirable molecules in the food. In large amounts it just makes you tired, which passes in a couple hours, and actually can be refreshing. If you are in the flow of something enjoyable, an activity, then that effect is hardly noticeable

its either this, or there is some other reason why people cannot produce enough anandamide for one reason or another

burtlancast

BigPapaChakra said:
Raw, dietary cannabis has barely even been studied, and it seems like there's a lot of evidence, both indirect and direct.

There's no evidence.

Clinical, at least.

No human clinical data exists to back up a shred of what Dr Courtney says.

Yet when one listens to him, it seems the thing has been proven and accepted a decade ago.

Guy's a whacko ( even if he doesn't look/speak like one)

Proof ? Your video about the heart surgeon advising to eat raw cannabis uses animal trials with real cannabis...
Even he admits it.

How logical is that ?

pboy

^ exactly, we wouldn't have people speaking that have no personal experience! how silly is this, I suggest you go find some cannabis and consume it, and then see if you say the same thing

btw, needing an authority figure to approve of something for you, or a dude in a lab coat to justify it, is just another form of learned helplessness. I think some cannabis will help clear that up for you

look up the 5000 history and widespread use of cannabis before the 19th century. You don't find it strange that it has a long history of documented medical use, more than almost any other herb, was part of American pharmacopeia, and people get cards to buy cannabis for medical purposes in many states, its now legal in 2 states, and yet its still on the 'schedule 1' class drug, indicating something that has no known medical properties, and the FDA refuses to allow or do any human studies? even though it would be incredibly easy, given that its now legal. You don't find it strange? It was illegalized for business and racist, religious conservative reasons by the same type people who committed genocide of the and started slavery in america, the same type of people who systematically destructured society's power plants and knowledge, and books?

BigPapaChakra

burtlancast said:
BigPapaChakra said:
Raw, dietary cannabis has barely even been studied, and it seems like there's a lot of evidence, both indirect and direct.

There's no evidence.

Clinical, at least.

No human clinical data exists to back up a shred of what Dr Courtney says.

Yet when one listens to him, it seems the thing has been proven and accepted a decade ago.

Guy's a whacko ( even if he doesn't look/speak like one)

Proof ? Your video about the heart surgeon advising to eat raw cannabis uses animal trials with real cannabis...
Even he admits it.

How logical is that ?

So let me get this straight...

You use the straw man tactic and dismiss the studies I posted displaying CBDA modulating COX-2 and down-regulating pathways that lead to cancer growth, in addition to Dr. Frankel's words (ya know, an actual MD, and internationally renowned expert on cannabis, who uses cannabis to treat not only cancer and epilepsy, but PTSD, Bipolar and Schizophrenia, autism, and more). You do this because you took probably some odd seconds or minutes to look at William Courtney, MD (again, an actual MD with many researchers and other MD's backing his work), and didn't like what he had to say, and thus used that to debunk an entire argument.

Oh, and you did that without providing any evidence yourself.

Ohhh, and you did that, yet promote the work of Max Gerson. Lol.

BigPapaChakra

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 12162/full Effect of low doses of cannabidiolic acid and ondansetron on LiCl-induced conditioned gaping (a model of nausea-induced behaviour) in rats

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 12043/full Cannabidiolic acid prevents vomiting in Suncus murinus and nausea-induced behaviour in rats by enhancing 5-HT1A receptor activation

(found the full study): http://www.medicinalgenomics.com/wp-con ... rative.pdf Cannabidiolic acid, a major cannabinoid in fiber-type cannabis, is an inhibitor
of MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell migration

CBDA is found in raw cannabis, ya know, the stuff that Dr. Courtney recommends..

burtlancast

BigPapaChakra said:
Also, you claimed THCA and CBDA is not being used.

http://www.tokesignals.com/parents-thca ... o-make-it/ Parents: THCA Tincture Works Just As Well As CBD For Pediatric Seizures. Here’s How To Make It.

Another one of your empty claims.

Do you even read what you're posting ?

I've listened to Dr Courtney many times.

Then i tried to find the evidence backing up his claims.

There's nothing.

I don't deny the non-clinical experimental research on cannabinoid acids ( which by the way are dwarfed by the mountain of research on cannabinoids).

But experimental doesn't equal clinical.

And here's my big problem with the guy; he makes it sound as the clinical evidence is there.

Why ?

BigPapaChakra

I don't know, I posted a good amount of studies about this in animal and cell models; maybe you didn't read my previous statements (which is quite obvious by your use of straw man), but I said that cannabinoids in their acid form have barely been studied in humans.... BUT anyone with a shred of knowledge in chemistry will understand there is potential, especially when you make a connection to the cell and animal studies.

Also, empty claims? Again, did you read ANY of the studies I posted? Apparently not, you're still focused on Dr. Courtney, as I said before. Did you provide any counter-evidence? No. Your ONLY point is some weird fascination with Dr. Courtney. And again, not only are you providing no counter-evidence AND not reading many of the things I state, but you have promoted the likes of Max Gerson and other pseudo-scientific frauds multiple times on here (not that I think Max Gerson is a fraud, but there are other much more scientifically backed modalities for cancer, let alone diabetes), but yet can't buy into something with sound science. Hmm.

BigPapaChakra

Effects of cannabinoids [DELTA](9)-tetrahydrocannabinol, [DELTA](9)-tetrahydrocannabinolic acid and cannabidiol in [MPP.sup.+] affected murine mesencephalic cultures.

"Besides vanilloid receptor binding, G protein receptor-mediated inhibition of potential-dependent calcium channels, and activation of potassium channels, other effects such as generation of ceramides, phospholipase activity, MAK kinase cascades. PI3K, focal adhesion kinase or nitric oxide synthase are postulated (Diaz-Laviada and Ruiz-Llorente 2005). To conclude, THCA, THC and CBD mitigate degenerative effects of MEV. However, the precise underlying mechanism of the neuroprotective action of cannabinoids has to be elucidated in further studies."

Also, you completely neglected to discuss terpenes, anandamide, or any other compounds found in cannabis or produced by any form of cannabis ingestion; to me, this indicates your knowledge of cannabis is rather limited.

burtlancast

BigPapaChakra said:
Also, empty claims? Again, did you read ANY of the studies I posted?

Did you ?

Your heart surgeon advised his patients to juice raw cannabis based on rat studies with real cannabis.

Your article on THCA tincture for pediatric seizures provided no evidence of it's use; instead, it was basing once again it's effectiveness on the effects of CBD tincture.
And beyond that, almost none of these parents and other patients realize they could fight seizures just as effectively with THC which hasn’t been decarboxylated with heat — that is, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, THC acid or THCA — as they could with CBD.

BigPapaChakra

burtlancast said:
BigPapaChakra said:
Also, empty claims? Again, did you read ANY of the studies I posted?

Did you ?

Your heart surgeon advised his patients to juice raw cannabis based on rat studies with real cannabis.

Your article on THCA tincture for pediatric seizures provided no evidence of it's use; instead, it was basing once again it's effectiveness on the effects of CBD tincture.
And beyond that, almost none of these parents and other patients realize they could fight seizures just as effectively with THC which hasn’t been decarboxylated with heat — that is, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, THC acid or THCA — as they could with CBD.

I'm sorry, but I'm not even understanding what you mean, lol. "Your heart surgeon advised his patients to juice raw cannabis based on rat studies with real cannabis." What does that even mean? He advised them to juice raw cannabis, which is real cannabis, based off of studies on cannabinoid-acids, which are found in real cannabis. Your argument makes absolutely zero sense whatsoever (unless I'm misreading that, or if you mis-typed).

Again, those were not studies, I just posted a bunch of studies that you neglected to look at. The ones I posted were specifically looking at THCA and CBDA, compounds that are not found in cannabis once it's heated; in other words, it's pretty much only found in raw cannabis. You decided not to read the scientific/clinical studies on that, though, and opted to watch the very short 3(ish) minute videos, and besides that, focus on Dr. Courtney. The article I posted, not as a study, but as an article, was discussing THCA as an alternative to CBD, and even gave a recipe for how to use it. I read the studies that I posted, especially the study-studies, not what you declared as studies (articles and videos). In fact, I read them in their entirety. It seems as though you either (1) have some sort of prejudice against cannabis and are suffering cognitive dissonance, (2) you have something personal against Dr. Courtney, for whatever reason, (3) you have currently not investigated cannabis as a whole plant, or the sciences that go into studying the plant, such as biochemistry, or (4) you somehow, in the heat of the argument, skipped over all the things I posted outside of Dr. Courtney.

BigPapaChakra

Also, you didn't even read the article, clearly, as it discussed THCA as an alternative to CBD, and it is stated boldly in the article that it is used clinically with excellent results. It then even links to this: http://www.epsilonresearch.org/#! where they have used THCA and CBDA clinically for cancers, PTSD, etc. You could also read the comments which goes into further detail.

burtlancast

BigPapaChakra said:
He advised them to juice raw cannabis, which is real cannabis, based off of studies on cannabinoid-acids, which are found in real cannabis.

:lol:

If you are a chemistry teacher, then i'm Max Gerson's long lost twin brother.

Your video shows the cardiologist citing an USA patent on preventing heart attack recurrences with either CBD and THC.
Then he advises people to avoid the psycho active effects by just using the unheated, raw form.
No evidence from his mouth the raw form really works though.

BigPapaChakra said:
Again, those were not studies, I just posted a bunch of studies that you neglected to look at. The ones I posted were specifically looking at THCA and CBDA, compounds that are not found in cannabis once it's heated; in other words, it's pretty much only found in raw cannabis. You decided not to read the scientific/clinical studies on that, though, and opted to watch the very short 3(ish) minute videos, and besides that, focus on Dr. Courtney.

Because i don't really care for any of your strawmen.

My initial post was on Courtney's misrepresentation of the existence of clinical results with raw cannabinoids.

Nothing else.

You can post a thousands more websites and articles on false/non-clinical evidence if you wish.

Have a nice day, and some carrot juice.
:cool:

BigPapaChakra

That's nice. One thing, though, your original post was on Dr. Courtney, though you proceeded to say that I'm making illogical arguments/conclusions AND say "There's no evidence". Well, I posted clinical/scientific studies, not just articles. I posted articles and videos to (1) introduce a concept that is clearly foreign to you in a easy to understand, visual manner, and (2) to show that there is human experience with THCA and CBDA, as evidenced by its vast clinical use by the Epsilon Research group and many other MDs. You decided to not look at one scientific/clinical study, though.

You state the evidence I post is non-clinical, but once again, I posted clinical and scientific evidence. You said it's false, yet it is clearly true, as it's being used clinically with great results. You can't even look into the science of cannabinoids, cannabis terpenes, anandamide, the endo-cannabinoid system, etc. but you'll take time to post about Gerson Therapy and how raw food has more enzymes than cooked food (not that I'm saying that is particularly un-true, just much less evidence based and applicable than cannabis therapy, even raw, dietary cannabis). Overall, you provided a facile argument.

Also, I'm not a chemistry teacher, though chemistry is starting to make up a larger portion of my university curriculum as it's fascinating, especially when delving into the Pollack/Pauling-like applications, and looking at things like vitamins and cannabinoids, as opposed to the pharmocology of vicodin or something.

Lastly, no harsh feelings :)

pboy said:
the difference though is that they taste harsh or bitter, like a poison, and can make you throw up, induce abortion, and all other clear indicators of a poison. Cannabis has no such qualities. Its less toxic than most commonly eaten foods. I suspect theres other foods, plants in nature that contain CB activating substances, they just aren't in our food supply. Some herbs like Echinacea, and even black pepper, I think even banana peels to a minor extent, have some weak CB activating properties. Ive used hundreds of herbs in their dried whole form, experimenting, and have tried pretty much every common food prepared in various ways, and I know the science behind the molecules they contain so I can tie things together, and to the sense on the palate...cannabis remains as one of the only herbs I still use because it doesn't hurt GI in any way, dilates lungs...it actually greatly enhances breathing, and has no bitter or astringent notes, sour notes at all in taste or smell. Its more pleasant and less 'off' than even basil or oregano, and WAY less than garlic. Its less toxic than coffee...its not even toxic, like its more 'food' than most foods in the sense of providing nourishment without any undesirable side effects accompanied by other undesirable molecules in the food. In large amounts it just makes you tired, which passes in a couple hours, and actually can be refreshing. If you are in the flow of something enjoyable, an activity, then that effect is hardly noticeable

its either this, or there is some other reason why people cannot produce enough anandamide for one reason or another

Have you ever tasted niacinamide, thiamine, pantothenate, etc.? By the way, anandamide is made from PUFA.

Such_Saturation said:
By the way, anandamide is made from PUFA.

PUFA is in everything. It's unavoidable. A small amount will not kill you. The enormous benefits, nutritional and otherwise, from occasionally ingesting some PUFA containing foods such as eggs and/or plants (marijuana) far outweigh the PUFA issue. Besides, one could simply take some extra vitamin E and relax, no?

:smokingweed

BobbyDukes

For anyone who ever experienced a panic attack from cannabis; take niacinamide under the tongue.

It completely obliterates the panic attack.

I know this because, I developed a rather unhealthy cannabinoid habit (research chemicals). These things, are extremely potent and many times stronger than cannabis itself. Overdosing is very easy, and is anything but fun. I drove myself to the hospital one time, because I was convinced that I was about to have a heart attack.

But yeah, niacinanide is amazing for that purpose.

BobbyDukes

thebigpeatowski said:
Such_Saturation said:
By the way, anandamide is made from PUFA.

PUFA is in everything. It's unavoidable. A small amount will not kill you. The enormous benefits, nutritional and otherwise, from occasionally ingesting some PUFA containing foods such as eggs and/or plants (marijuana) far outweigh the PUFA issue. Besides, one could simply take some extra vitamin E and relax, no?

:smokingweed

It's not just PUFA in eggs. Chickens are generally fed awful feed and eggs yolk is full of toxins, unless you find a good source for them.

I wouldn't even trust organic eggs from the supermarket. Either own those chickens yourself, or put your faith/trust in a supplier.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
BobbyDukes said:
For anyone who ever experienced a panic attack from cannabis; take niacinamide under the tongue.

It completely obliterates the panic attack.

I know this because, I developed a rather unhealthy cannabinoid habit (research chemicals). These things, are extremely potent and many times stronger than cannabis itself. Overdosing is very easy, and is anything but fun. I drove myself to the hospital one time, because I was convinced that I was about to have a heart attack.

But yeah, niacinanide is amazing for that purpose.

Yet another confirmation that niacinamide acts like a benzodiazepine (i.e. Valium, Xanax, etc). Btw, taking a benzo is a widely used method among pot users to stop an anxiety attack or a bad trip.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals