Pregnenolone makes me suicidal

I ordered stresnon from idealabs because I constantly feel stressed. After I take a drop, I feel helpless, hopeless, cry uncontrollably and feel suicidal. This is the same thing that happened when I tried levothyoxine, and then NDT. I am going to try tyromix and hope I don't get the same response. Would anybody have an idea as to why pregnenolone makes me feel this way? Thank you

HealingBoy

Do you take any GABA antagonist ? coffee ? You must know that too much pregnenolone can block GABA receptors and make you feel irritable, restless, crappy, depressed ....
Caffeine and pregnenolone is a very bad mix for me. Taurine can help some, theanine too. A shot of alcohol can help if it's really too bad.

Pregnenolone used to make me feel great years ago, but ever since PFS, those same doses make me an emotionally unstable crybaby about the most random things. Progesterone is even worse in that regard. I could totally start sobbing at movies like a woman.

Simplest thing is to quit, but if you don't wanna give up on it just yet, you can try a much smaller dose.. Pregnenolone is first and foremost, a substrate for many other hormones and neurosteroids. A low dose lessens the chance that it will overwhelm your system and convert into something undesirable. Try 5 mg if you can find it.

Inaut

I've been taking pregnenolone the last few days (small amounts) and have noticed my mood has drastically shifted. I am somewhat depressed and I'm not sure if it's solely because of preg or not. Will stop it for the next few days and see if i level out.

OP
deliciousfruit
Do you take any GABA antagonist ? coffee ? You must know that too much pregnenolone can block GABA receptors and make you feel irritable, restless, crappy, depressed ....
Caffeine and pregnenolone is a very bad mix for me. Taurine can help some, theanine too. A shot of alcohol can help if it's really too bad.
Those aren't my symptoms, it seems that the pregnenolone makes me more hypothyroid - crying, suicidal, helpless, hopeless, extreme stress, etc

OP
deliciousfruit
Pregnenolone used to make me feel great years ago, but ever since PFS, those same doses make me an emotionally unstable crybaby about the most random things. Progesterone is even worse in that regard. I could totally start sobbing at movies like a woman.

Simplest thing is to quit, but if you don't wanna give up on it just yet, you can try a much smaller dose.. Pregnenolone is first and foremost, a substrate for many other hormones and neurosteroids. A low dose lessens the chance that it will overwhelm your system and convert into something undesirable. Try 5 mg if you can find it.
I understand it's probably the right thing to quit, but I am just confused because Peat says it has no side effects etc, and theoretically should be helping my metabolism and thyroid not making it worse...

Frankdee20

When I first tried Pregnenalone pills at Ten MG, they used to make me feel so anxious and overstimulated, intense and stressed.... I pressed on and tried lower doses with food, and eventually it became my favorite supplement.... I’d take 30-50 mg a day.... Pregnenalone we can all agree is one of those unpredictable anticipated effects.... Sometimes it would zone me out like a zombie and other times feel great .... I’ve never used the stressnon product but I have used the Pansterone and I love the product....

shine

StressNon - Liquid Pregnenolone

There was a cell culture study showing that in the first 3 days of incubation with pregnenolone there was an increase in estrogen. After those 3 days there was an aromatase inhibiting effect.

When I took pregnenolone for the first time I felt weird and got itchy, puffy nipples. On the second day I was so anxious about it that I emailed my doctor who prescribed it, asking if pregnenolone could lead to gynecomastia. He just said that I shouldn't worry about it and that we could check my hormones in 2 weeks.
After the third day the issues subsided.

I think that it is possible that your steroidogenic enzymes are upregulated when low in pregnenolone and then when you supplement with it, it gets converted into other steroids very quickly, including estrogen, thereby causing anxiety. When you keep taking it, your steroidogenic enzymes get downregulated and it mainly goes to progesterone and allopregnanolone, which will calm you down.

gaze

This sounds like typical high TSH, high PTH, high prolactin symptoms. have you checked PTH and prolactin?

OP
deliciousfruit
This sounds like typical high TSH, high PTH, high prolactin symptoms. have you checked PTH and prolactin?
I haven't had a blood test in a long time, I am planning on getting one ASAP.
Although I think I am doing everything I can to lower those things

gaze

yea i've been in your position. it's a very slow process. vitamin d, calcium, vitamin b6 all help but high PTH and tsh are large scale things that are hard to lower, but it's possible with patience and getting the right nutrients every day. if you could check your pth and it's very high, you may even benefit from having it removed, although it may get a bit better before then.

Kozak

Do some weights training!​

OP
deliciousfruit

Do some weights training!​

I can't, whenever I exercise, no matter what time of the day, I won't sleep at all that night. Also, I have neuropathy in my arms and can't bend my elbows because of it. I went to the gym for 3 times a week for 6 months in 2019 and gained 0 muscle/weight, I think forcing myself to exercise is one of the stressors that made me so sick right now.

Kozak

I can't, whenever I exercise, no matter what time of the day, I won't sleep at all that night. Also, I have neuropathy in my arms and can't bend my elbows because of it. I went to the gym for 3 times a week for 6 months in 2019 and gained 0 muscle/weight, I think forcing myself to exercise is one of the stressors that made me so sick right now.
You have to start slowly! There are tons of exercises for legs and back (actually biggest muscles) and don't worry about the body weight, just stick to your training schedule.

Mr.Tayto

Ive had this excat same thing happen these last few months. Felt like i was going crazy. Then realized it was the pregnenlone causing it all stopped. It was very bad! Honest!
Those aren't my symptoms, it seems that the pregnenolone makes me more hypothyroid - crying, suicidal, helpless, hopeless, extreme stress, etc