Pregnenolone Is Awesome But Causing Sleep Issues?

JellyJigglar

23/M and healthy - Figured since i'm still young I don't need a lot some i've been taking 2.5mg in the morning. Works great! More energy, focus, & less anxiety.

Only problem it's causing me to wake up 2-3 times a night even while taking mag + collagen. Mostly to pee. I still wake up(always 10min before my alarm) with more energy than before I was taking it. Anyone have any ideas? My TSH was a healthy 1.590 a couple months back if that's any help.

I've also noticed an increase in pimples.

ddjd

23/M and healthy - Figured since i'm still young I don't need a lot some i've been taking 2.5mg in the morning. Works great! More energy, focus, & less anxiety.

Only problem it's causing me to wake up 2-3 times a night even while taking mag + collagen. Mostly to pee. I still wake up(always 10min before my alarm) with more energy than before I was taking it. Anyone have any ideas? My TSH was a healthy 1.590 a couple months back if that's any help.

waking up to have to go pee is high estrogen. pimples is also high estrogen. really not a good sign at all

kreeese

23 and healthy!!!! why are u taking it??? wtf

baccheion

Pregnenolone is usually converted into progesterone but not DHEA. That is, it may be better when taken with DHEA. Adding an aromatase inhibitor (fat-soluble vitamins, grape seed extract, resveratrol, etc) may also be a good idea if negative symptoms continue.

Mat_Eire

waking up to have to go pee is high estrogen. pimples is also high estrogen. really not a good sign at all
Estrogen causing pee at night?..WTF?...What tends to wake up to peeing is glycogen storage, maybe that dosage of pregnenolone is using up yours and thats why u are waking up.

ddjd

Estrogen causing pee at night?..WTF?...What tends to wake up to peeing is glycogen storage, maybe that dosage of pregnenolone is using up yours and thats why u are waking up.
trust me. its high estrogen.

Frankdee20

How is it messing your sleep up at that tiny dose ? It gives me insomnia at 20 mg but not ten.

Dave Clark

You have to watch, some companies put pregnenolone in their cognitive formulas, since there had been research showing results in that area. I had been using Life Extension's Cognitex for years, it has 50 mg of pregnenolone, but I didn't think anything of it since I had a blind trust in their products. I since learned to do my homework before embarking on any formula. Not to say their Cognitex gave me any problems, except in the wallet, but not having much knowledge at the time if it would of made me feel weird, I would not have known why. I now think it is a bit irresponsible of them to put any hormone in a cross the board supplement like that.

baccheion

Any ideas on how to reduce estrogen?
Increase estrogen clearance with vitamin B6 and other B vitamins. Lower aromatase activity with vitamin K2 MK-4, grape seed extract, or other aromatase inhibitors. Increase/normalize progesterone, as it modulates estrogen. Magnesium is also anti-estrogen.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals