Pregnenolone = Increase In Schizotypal Symptoms

Discussion in 'Mental Issues' started by johnwester130, Aug 24, 2019.

1. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

My mind feels very overactive,

I am much more delusional when I am on it, even though I experienced some very, very weird coincidences, - this amplified the delusional thinking,
    thinking that the pregnenolone was responsible for the coincidence

increase in feelings of mutism, I cannot be bothered to talk to anyone.
    arguments and depressing moments of my life replay over.
    deja vu increases too.

I take healthantura pregnenolone, dissolved in alcohol topically but also the power orally.
    It's a very weird substance.

2. PhilParma

PhilParma Member

I've been experimenting with moderate doses of pregenenolone this past month. Healthnatura and Idealabs brands. I experienced calmness, lessened anxiety, and a voracious appetite for sleep. No amount of nighttime sleep could prevent me from feeling the need to take a nap at midday. I also experienced what I can only term as depression. No motivation, very little emotion, depersonalization (that may not be the right word.) I felt like I was floating through my daily routine. I felt stoic, like nothing could move me, for good or ill. The only music that I could enjoy was that which had a depressing mood to it. I found myself without the energy to do much of anything but stare off into space. Zero desire for human interaction. Tendency towards muteness, as you said. After a good night's sleep, the next day I would feel fatigued with heavy limbs; my head felt heavy on my shoulders. I was constipated.

I was taking 20 to 70mg of Healthnatura pregnenolone powder. One or two drops of Idealabs Stressnon doesn't seem to sedate me too much, but 4 drops taken at bedtime seemed to sedate me the next day. So, it would seem that any dose over 3 to 4 milligrams starts to turn me into a stoic, constipated zombie of sorts. This is according to my own personal biology. I have had lifelong struggles with anxiety and lack of motivation. Pregnenolone lessens the anxiety (GABA?), but replaces it with nothing (low dopamine?)

edit: I don't really know what schizotypal means, hopefully I don't derail your thread.

3. lampofred

lampofred Member

I think it might be because it's converting too much into pregnenolone sulfate, maybe DHEA & estrogen, and not enough progesterone in relation. It's lowering serotonin but not raising GABA, so you end up with schizoid symptoms, calm but apathetic.

4. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    Yes I must say when I was acclimating to Pregnenalone oral capsules from a very good brand, I experienced at first intense anxiety at 10 MG. After a while, I’d drop the dose down to get used to it, and taking it with food helped. However, things become very hit or miss. I’d also get those strange depersonalization feelings, like extremely apathetic as though nothing could move me. I’d go up to 20, 30, 50, and sometimes it was a nice antidepressant effect, but it was too unpredictable. Sometimes I’d feel overwhelming need for sleep, like I was numb. Not saying I got great sleep, but it just made me a vegetable at times. Not in sync with my environment and very spacey like feelings. Who knows if this is Cortisol lowering (Aspirin can make me blah and robotic also), or of this is NMDA potentiation (depersonalization) or if something else was going on (GABA blockade or Acetylcholine increase). It’s a very tricky substance to dose and replicate effects from.

5. japanesedude

japanesedude Member

Thats why It's better to take it with DHEA.

6. baccheion

baccheion Member

Pregnenolone dosing usually starts high and is then reduced. DHEA is started low, then increased until negative effects appear. Maintenance is at the dose before negative effects. Could stay a week at each dose to stabilize signal.