Pregnenolone Gave Me Vertigo

pauljacob

After just a week of taking 5mg of Pregnenolone for the first time I had a severe onslaught of positional vertigo, the type that makes my surroundings spin like a wheel. I did have vertigo couple of years ago and I applied Dr. Carol Foster's positional vertigo maneuver and it stopped. So I applied the maneuver again couple of times and the vertigo stopped. I googled for "Pregnenolone, vertigo" and had many hits about the subject. Anyone know about Pregnenolone causing vertigo?

boris

Which brand of pregnenolone did you take? And are you sure it was the direct cause?

Dr. Peat on vertigo causes:

Last edited:
OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

Which brand of pregnenolone did you take? And are you sure it was the direct cause?

Dr. Peat on vertigo causes:

Thanks Boris for your reply. The brand was Swanson 5mg. It's the only newer supplement I've taken, and I've taken it after breakfast Along with DHEA 5mg and Niacinamide 100mg. I didn't want to implicate it without some proof and the Google search gave me proof.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

I do have Tinnitus which was caused by driving all day long on California freeways for six years. I've had it for almost 20 years. Dr. Peat mentioned a connection between ear problems and Vertigo in the above video. I've never had Vertigo until two years ago and I know it's caused mainly by emotional stress.
Sex Hormones and Inner Ear | IntechOpen

boris

Vertigo is also common in menopause which would implicate estrogen activity (which is also related to emotional stress). Dr. Peat warns about the recent pregnenolone supplements, because they are often contaminated with estrogen. I have also read some people complaining about Swanson preg, because it doesn‘t have the effect that pregnenolone should have.

I had very good effects with Idealabs pregnenolone. I am not sure if it‘s completely pure, but it doesn‘t give me the estrogenic side effects I get from other supplements.

Last edited:
OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

Vertigo is also common in menopause which would implicate estrogen activity (which is also related to emotional stress). Dr. Peat warns about the recent pregnenolone supplements, because they are often contaminated with estrogen. I have also read some people complaining about Swanson preg, because it doesn‘t have the effect that pregnenolone should have.

I had very good effects with Idealabs pregnenolone. I am not sure if it‘s completely pure, but it doesn‘t give me the estrogenic side effects I get from other supplements.
Thank you boris. These are the signs of male menopause (Andropause to be more precise):
- mood swings and irritability.
- loss of muscle mass and reduced ability to exercise.
- fat redistribution, such as developing a large belly or "man boobs"
- a general lack of enthusiasm or energy.
- difficulty sleeping (insomnia) or increased tiredness.
- poor concentration and short-term memory.
- Reduced body hair.

I have none of them -- well, except a medium-size spare tire caused by a wheat belly.

Thank you for suggesting Idealabs Preg.
Question: Since many hormones are made by Cholesterol, and I do eat 1.5 Oz of Kerrygold Irish butter daily for breakfast. Isn't that sufficient to make my daily need of Preg, Progest, and DHEA, without using supps?

boris

You’re welcome!
Actually I just meant to point to the connection of vertigo in menopausal women caused by estrogen and the estrogen contamination in pregnenolone supplements.

Yeah it‘s possible that you don‘t need any. I often stop all supplements (I think Peat recommended that) and reintroduce some of them 1 by 1 to try and see how the act on me.

OP
pauljacob

pauljacob

Yeah it‘s possible that you don‘t need any. I often stop all supplements (I think Peat recommended that) and reintroduce some of them 1 by 1 to try and see how the act on me.
Methinks I'll do the same. boris I wish you a prosperous and healthy new year :thumbsup: