Pregnenolone From IHerb (without Silica)

J

j.

I'll make a list of listed ingredients of pregnenolone supplements (not liquid form) available from iHerb, inspired by Dan Wich's toxinless. I'll highlight silica.

MRM:
50 mg: Capsule is made of plant cellulose. Microcrystalline cellulose

Life Extension
100 mg: Rice flour, gelatin, vegetable stearate
50 mg: Microcrystalline cellulose, gelatin, vegetable stearate, silica

Source naturals
50 mg: Sorbitol, mannitol, modified cellulose gum, colloidal silicon dioxide, stearic acid, and magnesium stearate.
25 mg: Dibasic calcium phosphate, microcrystalline cellulose, sorbitol, stearic acid, colloidal silicon dioxide, and magnesium stearate
10 mg, 25 mg (cherry flavored): Mannitol, sorbitol, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, natural cherry flavor, modified cellulose gum, colloidal silicon dioxide, stearic acid, and magnesium stearate.
10 mg: Sorbitol, mannitol, silica, stearic acid and magnesium stearate

Country life
30 mg: Cellulose, cellulose (capsule shell), magnesium stearate, stearic acid, silica
10 mg: Cellulose, cellulose (capsule shell), calcium silicate, silica, magnesium stearate

Nutri-Meds
25 mg: Magnesium stearate, dicalcium phosphate, pharmaceutical glaze. "Slow release formula" (what the heck is that)

Nature's plus
50 mg: Bioperine (Bioavailability-enhancing phytonutrient), Silica, vegetable cellulose (USP) and purified water

Nutricology
100 mg, 150 mg: Micosolle, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable oil, vegetable wax, Cab-o-sil, magnesium stearate.
50 mg: Micosolle, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable oil, vegetable wax, Aerosil, magnesium stearate

Allergy research group
100 mg: Micosolle, microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable oil, vegetable wax, Cab-o-sil, magnesium stearate

The brands with versions without silica are MRM, Life Extension, and Nutri-Meds, but Nutri-meds is a "slow release formula", which I don't know much about.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Excellent!

OP
J

j.

FYI, if you took Carlson K2 and feel fine, you probably don't react extremely badly to silica.

OP
J

j.

Amazingly, the 100 mg pregnenolone, the one without silica and the one I'm taking now, sells a lot less than the 50 mg version, which contains silica. Maybe this is partly due to not listing this version in the pregnenolone page of iHerb, I don't know why they don't.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Because most people do not understand how bad those "extra" ingredients are.

OP
J

j.

However, the 100 mg version sells more at amazon.

Combie

Swanson 50mg have Rice Flour, Gelatin

It seems to me to be much more effective than the Life Extension one at 100mg

I wont be buying any other brand again.

OP
J

j.

Yeah, though I think iHerb doesn't sell any swanson product.

Life Extension 100 mg works well for me.

Combie

oops, my bad!

The Life extension works for me, but swanson seems better at half the dose. Maybe its the dosage rather than the brand.

Attachments

• Current Trends in Nitric Oxide.txt
    33.4 KB · Views: 57
OP
J

j.

Combie said:
oops, my bad!

The Life extension works for me, but swanson seems better at half the dose. Maybe its the dosage rather than the brand.

Maybe. I want to try Swanson too. When I increase my dose too much, I get fewer effects. If I were to take 100 mg every day, that is way too much for me. I just take it once every three days.

jaa

I just open my 100mg life extension capsule, swallow half the powder, and close the capsule back up for use another day. Works better for me than taking 100mg doses.

OP
J

j.

jaa said:
I just open my 100mg life extension capsule, swallow half the powder, and close the capsule back up for use another day. Works better for me than taking 100mg doses.

It certainly seems better than buying the 50mg life extension because it has more additives.

Back
Top Bottom