Pregnenolone + DHEA: Daily Or Weekly?

Hans

Forum Supporter
30 mg/day pregnenolone or 200 mg once/week? 5 mg or 35 mg once/week? Why?
Daily would be much better as the half life isn't that long so you might not experience the same benefit from taking it only once per week. Plus, a big dose of DHEA (although 35mg DHEA isn't that much) might convert a lot more into estrogen than DHEA-S, compared to if you took only 5mg daily.

T

TheBeard

Daily would be much better as the half life isn't that long so you might not experience the same benefit from taking it only once per week. Plus, a big dose of DHEA (although 35mg DHEA isn't that much) might convert a lot more into estrogen than DHEA-S, compared to if you took only 5mg daily.

Have you tried either Pregnenolone or DHEA on it's own without the other?
What were the perceived benefits for each?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Have you tried either Pregnenolone or DHEA on it's own without the other?
What were the perceived benefits for each?
Yes I took them separately and honestly I felt nothing wow from oral. I started applying DHEA topically and I think I felt it better (quite androgenic feeling) but then I stopped experiencing benefits, although I think I just got used to the feeling instead of the benefits disappearing.

With preg I can't say I felt anything. Maybe mildly relaxing and anti-stress. I was taking it orally, but only short term. I'm going to take it again longer term soon just to better gauge its effects.

I will also combine them as they have a synergistic effect.

OP
B

baccheion

Is this the same for pregnenolone? Would there need to be cycling? What windows of time?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Yes I think taking preg daily is better than once a week, but you don't stand the chance of it creating estrogen even in large doses.
I don't think it need to be cycled.
I take DHEA in the morning, and might take preg at night to aid in sleep. Everyone should test for themselves as the effect might either be relaxing or stimulating.

J

jb116

Yes I took them separately and honestly I felt nothing wow from oral. I started applying DHEA topically and I think I felt it better (quite androgenic feeling) but then I stopped experiencing benefits, although I think I just got used to the feeling instead of the benefits disappearing.

With preg I can't say I felt anything. Maybe mildly relaxing and anti-stress. I was taking it orally, but only short term. I'm going to take it again longer term soon just to better gauge its effects.

Hans can I ask, how are you applying it topically? In other words what is it a cream or oil or? All safe ingredients?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hans can I ask, how are you applying it topically? In other words what is it a cream or oil or? All safe ingredients?
I mixed DHEA powder with lanolin and then apply topically. Everything I use is safe.

OP
B

baccheion

Yes I think taking preg daily is better than once a week, but you don't stand the chance of it creating estrogen even in large doses.
I don't think it need to be cycled.
I take DHEA in the morning, and might take preg at night to aid in sleep. Everyone should test for themselves as the effect might either be relaxing or stimulating.
There was something else mentioned, along the lines of saturating pathways. Is this an issue? If it is, what daily dose would avoid/minimize?

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm not sure at what dose this happens or to what extent it happens. Sometimes you meed really big doses to actually get things moving, such as 400-500mg pregnenolone to really increase allopregnanolone.
I think there is a linear increase in things like estrone, DHEA-S and DHT with DHEA use. There isn't a lot of papers on really high dose. Most of doses used are 100mg or less.
So I don't think saturation is a problem, but I don't think big doses is necessary unless using it's used for a specific reason/condition.
But in term of minimal dose, around 10-20mg DHEA is a good dose. With preg, as little as 5mg can have a potent effect, but even doses of several grams can be used.

T

TheBeard

Thanks,
I'll soon receive my DHEA and Pregnenolone powders, will report what I feel for each when applied on the scrotum in DMSO

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks,
I'll soon receive my DHEA and Pregnenolone powders, will report what I feel for each when applied on the scrotum in DMSO
Sweet. What doses are you going to use?

OP
B

baccheion

I'm not sure at what dose this happens or to what extent it happens. Sometimes you meed really big doses to actually get things moving, such as 400-500mg pregnenolone to really increase allopregnanolone.
I think there is a linear increase in things like estrone, DHEA-S and DHT with DHEA use. There isn't a lot of papers on really high dose. Most of doses used are 100mg or less.
So I don't think saturation is a problem, but I don't think big doses is necessary unless using it's used for a specific reason/condition.
But in term of minimal dose, around 10-20mg DHEA is a good dose. With preg, as little as 5mg can have a potent effect, but even doses of several grams can be used.
Is this 10 mg topically or orally? Which is the better route? Does it matter at such doses? All at once or split? 10 mg pregnenolone + 10 mg DHEA daily, then (via whatever route you'll mention)?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Is this 10 mg topically or orally? Which is the better route? Does it matter at such doses? All at once or split? 10 mg pregnenolone + 10 mg DHEA daily, then (via whatever route you'll mention)?
DHEA dose is best kept low no matter if it's oral or topical. Topical use might lead to higher DHT levels at the skin express a lot of 5-AR, but I've seen a study where topical DHEA didn't increase DHT, but increase all the other 5-AR metabolites. The scrotum apparently has more 5-AR so applying it there might lead to even higher DHT levels, which could help control the estrogen from higher doses DHEA.
You can split the dose or take it at once, it shouldn't matter because it's a pretty small dose.
With the 10mg preg and DHEA, experiment with both oral and topical to see with what you do best and also try different timing (AM vs PM) to see which make you feel best.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals