Pregnenolone Causes Weight Gain

schultz

I don't think I could do long fasts - love my food too much. I just want to fast long enough to strip the fat from my liver. I have been looking at Fibroscan which non-invasively assesses the degree of fat deposition and scar tissue in the liver. I want one but may be expensive. I hate having to guess all the time.

Maybe you're choline deficient.

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/2010/11/28/does-choline-deficiency-contribute-to/

Endotoxin can also cause fatty liver and probably estrogen. Anything that makes it sluggish. (the estrogen is just a guess on my part however there are studies on endotoxin causing it)

I got fat cheeks but lost fat everywhere else except my boobs.

Fat on the cheek bone or the overall face area? Usually women with full cheeks look youthful in my opinion. Like Vanessa Hudgens or something... (I can't think of anyone else at the moment)

Ella

Forum Supporter
Fat on my cheeks. Vannessa cheeks look cute on her round face. I have a diamond shape where my cheeks are the widest part and sit very high. I also have a long slim neck. After pregnenolone, I went from looking like the picture below to looking like this chipmunk. I was unrecognisable to myself. I can't get this imagine out of my head. I agree with you; estrogen, cortisol and being hypothyroid as a result of too much estrogen and cortisol. There is a tendency to deposit mucopolysaccharides when hypothyroid. I don't understand why nobody picked it up. Everyone kept saying that I looked healthy. What bull**** was that - I looked far from healthy. Anyhow, my cheeks are looking normal now

upload_2017-4-22_0-20-57.jpeg
upload_2017-4-22_1-29-3.jpeg

milk_lover

Fat on my cheeks. Vannessa cheeks look cute on her round face. I have a diamond shape where my cheeks are the widest part and sit very high. I also have a long slim neck. After pregnenolone, I went from looking like the picture below to looking like this chipmunk. I was unrecognisable to myself. I can't get this imagine out of my head. I agree with you; estrogen, cortisol and being hypothyroid as a result of too much estrogen and cortisol. There is a tendency to deposit mucopolysaccharides when hypothyroid. I don't understand why nobody picked it up. Everyone kept saying that I looked healthy. What bull**** was that - I looked far from healthy. Anyhow, my cheeks are looking normal now

View attachment 5162View attachment 5163
Well to be fair to that chipmunk, he looks so cute I want kiss his cheeks lool

T

tca300

Anything that stimulates metabolism will increase hunger. This is why many claim the "Ray Peat diet " causes weight gain. It simply increases metabolism and people over shoot their caloric needs in response to the increased hunger.
People need to take more responsibility and stop blaiming substances, others, etc... and not paying attention to things like, eating more than you need is going to result in weight gain.
Countless can, and do stay super lean while experiencing massively high stress hormones like cortisol, adrenoline, etc... stop blaiming hormones please.

sladerunner69

DHEA has strong androgenic,anabolic effects on Woman.but I don't know that Pregnenolone has exactly same effects.

Pregnenolone is mainly converting to Progesterone.and Progesterone is anti estrogenic,can raise T and DHT at lower doses.

because Androgen is a Anabolic

I was using 50mg Zinc and 2mg copper with Pansterone. but It was not a good stack.
because It didn't gives me libido or any kind of androgenic related effects.
Zinc can raise T and DHT at around 50mg.

I've read that DHEA can Increase Breast size.
It is funny that DHEA can actually increase Penis size when it used on Penis.

Im confused lol

Yes it is anti-estrogenic but that does not mean it is not anti-androgenics. The dicotomy of estrogen-testosterone is a reduction developed for the medical industry to sell drugs.

The truth is that progesterone itself can have strong anti-androgenic affects, just look at the guys who take high dose progesterone and experience low libido, tiredness, weight gain, etc. Those reports are abundant. At low doses it can benefit all of these symptoms, but at higher doses it clearly doesn't... at least that is my takeaway.

OP
japanesedude

japanesedude

Anything that stimulates metabolism will increase hunger. This is why many claim the "Ray Peat diet " causes weight gain. It simply increases metabolism and people over shoot their caloric needs in response to the increased hunger.
People need to take more responsibility and stop blaiming substances, others, etc... and not paying attention to things like, eating more than you need is going to result in weight gain.
Countless can, and do stay super lean while experiencing massively high stress hormones like cortisol, adrenoline, etc... stop blaiming hormones please.

Im not trying to blame substances.(actually,Im a fan of Pansterone.) Im just saying my experiences and results after taking it.
I never get hunger from Pregnenolone or Pansterone. and not even eating too much.
Im just sharing my weird symptoms from it and sharing, asking someone who using it.

OP
japanesedude

japanesedude

Im not trying to blame substances.(actually,Im a fan of Pansterone.) Im just reporting my experiences and results after taking it.
I never get hunger from Pregnenolone or Pansterone. and not even eating too much.
Im just sharing my weird symptoms from it and asking someone who also using it.
Yes it is anti-estrogenic but that does not mean it is not anti-androgenics. The dicotomy of estrogen-testosterone is a reduction developed for the medical industry to sell drugs.

The truth is that progesterone itself can have strong anti-androgenic affects, just look at the guys who take high dose progesterone and experience low libido, tiredness, weight gain, etc. Those reports are abundant. At low doses it can benefit all of these symptoms, but at higher doses it clearly doesn't... at least that is my takeaway.

I was using 10mg pregnenolone from Countrylife. and I get fat and weight gain from it.
It is really weird that I may got high Progesterone from taking it. I mean Pregnenolone is mainly converting to Progesterone.
but It would not be converting to 'high' doses of Progesterone
then Why I got fat from it ...

I am using DMSO version Pansterone now. I get exactly same effects from it.(weight/fat gain)
but Pansterone increase growing speed of beards too . I guess its from elevated level of DHT.
Pansterone alsos makes me sleepy,fatigued and gives me diarrhea.

so I guees that I have high Progesterone and high DHT .

sladerunner69

Im not trying to blame substances.(actually,Im a fan of Pansterone.) Im just reporting my experiences and results after taking it.
Im just sharing my weird symptoms from it and asking someone who also using it.

I was using 10mg pregnenolone from Countrylife. and I get fat and weight gain from it.
It is really weird that I may got high Progesterone from taking it. I mean Pregnenolone is mainly converting to Progesterone.
but It would not be converting to 'high' doses of Progesterone
then Why I got fat from it ...

I am using DMSO version Pansterone now. I get exactly same effects from it.(weight/fat gain)
but Pansterone increase growing speed of beards too . I guess its from elevated level of DHT.
Pansterone alsos makes me sleepy,fatigued and gives me diarrhea.

so I guees that I have high Progesterone and high DHT .

10mg is a pretty small amount I don't know if that could have really given you weight gain. Maybe you changed your diet or something else.

ddjd

Pregnenolone increase my body temp quite noticeably. Its almost like a mild fever.
and ofcourse it gives me ton of fats too.
I may got high estrogen from Pregnenolone.

Are you sure pregnenolone can increase estrogen? I thought peat says pregnenolone is very safe

OP
japanesedude

japanesedude

A lot of people report fat gain and anti-libido/numb **** from pregnenolone and progesterone.
I've heard that some people took 50mg Pregnenolone orallly, and got bloodwork .
The result was a markedly increased estrogen.
Maybe this is from converted to too much Progesterone from Pregnenolone=anti androgenic effects

Lecarpetron

If only anybody here possessed some modicum of personal responsibility. Overeating is bad. Undereating is bad. Finding the middle ground can be really tough if your appetite has been broken for any length of time.

Yep, that's me. My skin looks like rice paper, hair is turning gray (I'm 33), I sleep for 3 hours a night and have practically non-existent digestion. Sounds like fun, right? People react in different ways to high stress hormones. Do you believe high stress hormones do not influence weight in any instance, ever?

T

tca300

@Lecarpetron They can when eating an abundance. If you overeat while having high stress hormones, that can make things abnormally fattening. But in virtually every case, calorie restriction results in weight loss. A silly example is if you take the reality show survivor for instance, in all the seasons, in the 100's of people, 100% of the time, they all lose weight, despite high stress hormones. The same can be seen in countries where food is scarce.
No matter what, losing fat is the result of a caloric deficit. Some, like Ray lost ~15 lbs by adding a tablespoon or so of coconut oil to his diet, the metabolic response was enough to create a deficit, and therefore weight loss happened. Some lose weight on DHEA, same thing, it increases metabolism, and if calories are kept constant, weight loss can happen via creating a caloric deficit. Or like most on this forum, the high calcium, high fruit, red light, coffee, etc that Ray speaks highly of, increase caloric needs, and people over eat because of increased hunger. The diet is actually the best for fat loss in my opinion, as long as calories are taken into consideration, which few seem to pay attention to.
The key in my opinion is to get at your desired weight, and maintain while eating better etc.. sometimes during stress, eating more fruit might be a good idea, but not permanently. This is all my opinion, and I reserve the right to be wrong, but haven't seen any evidence that I am, but an abundance that supports my thoughts.

B

Braveheart

I track my food intake for this reason....it has been easy and informative...and I keep my weight right where I want it...

opethfeldt

I have one question for you. Why do you continue to take substances that are obviously harming you? You claim you've gotten sleepy, had digestive issues and have gained fat and yet you continue to take it. I realize there are a lot of people who have gotten good experiences from Pansterone, myself included. I just think you should take a break from it for a while and maybe focus on losing the weight you gained. I maintain my weight on Pansterone but the couple of times I dropped calories, it didn't go so well. I think it's really best suited for gaining muscle or maintaining your current weight rather than weight loss. Something like androsterone or another substance that lowers estrogen would help to lose fat. Estrogen promotes storage of fat.

OP
japanesedude

japanesedude

I have one question for you. Why do you continue to take substances that are obviously harming you? You claim you've gotten sleepy, had digestive issues and have gained fat and yet you continue to take it. I realize there are a lot of people who have gotten good experiences from Pansterone, myself included. I just think you should take a break from it for a while and maybe focus on losing the weight you gained. I maintain my weight on Pansterone but the couple of times I dropped calories, it didn't go so well. I think it's really best suited for gaining muscle or maintaining your current weight rather than weight loss. Something like androsterone or another substance that lowers estrogen would help to lose fat. Estrogen promotes storage of fat.

Because I do gets ton of benefits from Pansterone and Androsterone.
If I take full fose of Pansterone without 'enough' ammounts of Androsteone, I get overstimulated,crazy irritability,depression,anxious, etc literally feel like a crap.
I will use MCT/Toco version of Pansterone from today so lets see what happens next.

Lecarpetron

@Lecarpetron They can when eating an abundance. If you overeat while having high stress hormones, that can make things abnormally fattening. But in virtually every case, calorie restriction results in weight loss. A silly example is if you take the reality show survivor for instance, in all the seasons, in the 100's of people, 100% of the time, they all lose weight, despite high stress hormones.

If those contestants were young and healthy to begin with, then they bounce back from this. If they were in metabolic distress to begin with and lost the weight through starvation, they will gain twice as much back when they inevitably crack and eat to satiation. If they try to keep the weight off by dieting, their metabolism downregulates, then they have to restrict calories even further, hence more downregulation, restrict more, etc. until they are eating 1200 calories per day and still fat.

The above is just observation, but I think it happens to a lot of women over 30. So the million dollar question is....how does one upregulate metabolism without having to kickstart it with a calorie surplus? For some of us, any such efforts seem to convert straight to high stress hormones. :(

T

tca300

Weight management doesnt cause sress, you seem to think you can only eat in a deficit or surplus. Maintaining weight on a calorie intake that keeps your weight stable ( after fat is lost ), is much more likely to result in less stress than eating a surplus while overweight. Adipose tissue is a major source of estrogen.
Boosting metabolism through eating pro thyroid foods, along with red light, vitamin D etc.. doesn't require a surplus of calories.
In regards to the Tv show, many people 40+ participate and come back to play again years later, they look the same and aren't obese.
The low metabolic rate from dieting is an effect of people eating the wrong foods, macronutrients, and preexisting hypothyroidism. Many many many maintain low body fat on high carbohydrate, low fat diets for decades or indefinitely.
Doing things properly gives lasting sustainable results. I have a now 74 year old client, who I coach 3 months out of the year and have been for about 6 years now, he lost 174lbs and has kept it off. I myself lost ~55 lbs about 10 years ago and have kept it off AND raised my temp from a freezing 95°F to 99°F.
But at the end of the day, people will typically only do what they truly want to, and eating low fat seems impossible for some, when things like pizza, and fries are just a quick drive, or call away.
I wish you the best! Have a nice day. @Lecarpetron

Last edited by a moderator:

Waffler

AND raised my temp from a freezing 95°F to 99°F.

@tca300 - I started HC/LF(<10% usually around 6-8%) in the beginning of February and my health and energy levels have vastly improved, but I can't seem to raise my temps which range from mid 95's to low 97's. I started salting all of my drinks but no change except that my hands get very cold for 15 minutes after salting drinks. You have posted that you take MCT oil. Did that help increase temps for you? I'm a little leery of starting MCT oil because it will raise my fat macros. Should I jut consider MCT a carb because the body won't store it? Thanks for any opinions you might have.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals