Pregnenolone Causes Weight Gain

T

tca300

@Waffler I take only 1 tablespoon per day, it heats me up, but I think eating enough protein along with carbohydrates was most important. I've been avoiding PUFA for 10 or so years, so that might be one of the main reasons why my temp is so high now.
I dont think adding more than about a tablespoon of MCT oil or coconut oil has much benefit. Its just empty calories, just enough to help keep the metabolic rate up, and then getting plenty of carbohydrates from nutrient dense sources, I prefer fruit. Getting enough protein, balanced with gelatin, and calcium if its a high phosphate low calcium source, is important too.

Waffler

Thanks @tca300, I appreciate your advice. The LF/HC diet has been life changing for me. I guess I just have to be patient and give it time to work it's magic.

Amazigh

Japanesedude, are you using more than 15mg DHEA? RP mentions some studies showing that amounts greater than 15mg can convert to estrogen.

OP
japanesedude

japanesedude

Japanesedude, are you using more than 15mg DHEA? RP mentions some studies showing that amounts greater than 15mg can convert to estrogen.
No.
Im using 5mg DHEA+5mg Pregnenolone with 3-5mg Androsterone on scrotum.
This combo should gives me T and DHT.

Waynish

Maybe we don't understand all of the mechanisms yet... Surely there could be more going on... 10mg isn't such a high dose that it would be consistently estrogenic?

OP
japanesedude

japanesedude

Pregnenolone is mostly converting to Progesterone. not like a DHEA,Pregnenolone administered orally is well absorbed.
Progesterone can raises both T and DHT at lower doses, but It is still a potentially anti andorgenic.
infact,a lot of ppl reported ED,low libido like kinds of side effects from even few mg Progesterone,

D

Deleted member 5487

If Pregnenelone is helping you sleep, clearly you are gaining cortisol lower effects. Revealing a sluggish metabolism underneath that is use to oxidizing fat on the side.

The progesterone is also antagonizing some of the androgens leading to estrogen weight gain/edema. Common side effects/anacedotal accounts of people taking aspirin is that it lowers estrogen/cortisol but also increases metabolic strength burning through fuel quicker=edema/estrogen/cortisol when not enough fuel is present=weight gain. This is my theory atleast.

If you ever experience excess edema, your cells are stressed and you will be putting on weight. Reach for the OJ the potassium and sugar will help the cells dumb the excess liquid.

Low fat+ LOW doses of pregnenolone are going to prevent most of the weight gain. Atleast in my case.
I am talking 1-5mg. Enough to still help you sleep and reap benefits. Taking 30-100mg is just crazy in my eyes.

Frankdee20

How long did it take for the weight gain ? I take 40 mg a day, and nothing happened

Fat on my cheeks. Vannessa cheeks look cute on her round face. I have a diamond shape where my cheeks are the widest part and sit very high. I also have a long slim neck. After pregnenolone, I went from looking like the picture below to looking like this chipmunk. I was unrecognisable to myself. I can't get this imagine out of my head. I agree with you; estrogen, cortisol and being hypothyroid as a result of too much estrogen and cortisol. There is a tendency to deposit mucopolysaccharides when hypothyroid. I don't understand why nobody picked it up. Everyone kept saying that I looked healthy. What bull**** was that - I looked far from healthy. Anyhow, my cheeks are looking normal now

View attachment 5162View attachment 5163
dat chipmunk is sexy tho