Pregnenolone causes adrenal suppression?

The use of exogenous glucocorticoids such as Hydrocortisone over a long period of time can lead to adrenal suppression. Hydrocortisone inhibits the release of CRH from the hypothalamus, thus inhibiting the release of ACTH from the anterior pituitary gland. Over time, this leads to atrophy of the corticotrophin cells in the anterior pituitary gland, causing the suppressed synthesis of ACTH, and thus glucocorticoid release from the adrenal cortex.
Exogenous pregnenolone inhibits the release of CRH from the hypothalamus, thus inhibiting the release of ACTH from the anterior pituitary gland.
So does pregnenolone causes adrenal suppression? @haidut

The reason I ask is because after using topical pregnenolone for months, I now am completely debilitated with severe symptoms indicative of adrenal insufficiency.

Yucca

...I take 100-150mg preg each day for about 1 year. No sides, just better memory and wakefulness for now.

Brandin

The use of exogenous glucocorticoids such as Hydrocortisone over a long period of time can lead to adrenal suppression. Hydrocortisone inhibits the release of CRH from the hypothalamus, thus inhibiting the release of ACTH from the anterior pituitary gland. Over time, this leads to atrophy of the corticotrophin cells in the anterior pituitary gland, causing the suppressed synthesis of ACTH, and thus glucocorticoid release from the adrenal cortex.
Exogenous pregnenolone inhibits the release of CRH from the hypothalamus, thus inhibiting the release of ACTH from the anterior pituitary gland.
So does pregnenolone causes adrenal suppression? @haidut

The reason I ask is because after using topical pregnenolone for months, I now am completely debilitated with severe symptoms indicative of adrenal insufficiency.

I would try increasing gonadal and skin output when it comes to hormones synthesis. Adrenal production shouldnt be the primary for health...

InChristAlone

Pregnenolone has a U shaped curve, so have to find the right dose and yes can absolutely cause symptoms such as panic attacks if not used right.

Pregnenolone has a U shaped curve, so have to find the right dose and yes can absolutely cause symptoms such as panic attacks if not used right.
What is your recommendation? The first time I gave it to my husband it was amazing. He deals with pain and it calmed him and put the healthy color back in face. His lips became plump again too. I put 7 drops on his wrists in the afternoon. After reading Haidut's post on it I scaled it back to 3 drops instead. It does seem to calm his sometimes, but it is inconsistent. I am using Stress-Non.

InChristAlone

What is your recommendation? The first time I gave it to my husband it was amazing. He deals with pain and it calmed him and put the healthy color back in face. His lips became plump again too. I put 7 drops on his wrists in the afternoon. After reading Haidut's post on it I scaled it back to 3 drops instead. It does seem to calm his sometimes, but it is inconsistent. I am using Stress-Non.
Yes it can be calming, I don't research hormone use anymore so I'm not the best one to advise on it. I just remember that sometimes a low dose is better than a moderate dose because of the U shaped curve.

Yes it can be calming, I don't research hormone use anymore so I'm not the best one to advise on it. I just remember that sometimes a low dose is better than a moderate dose because of the U shaped curve.
Hmmmm... ok that is helpful, especially the U shape analogy.

baccheion

1x/week. Daily dose * 7.

Korven

S

So for topical 2 to 3drops a day would be appropriate?

Topical route with pregnenolone (stress-non) feels much more potent for me, probably because it avoids first pass metabolism in liver. 5 mg on skin has roughly the same effect as 50 mg orally. Maybe you could search Haidut's post history as I'm sure he has talked about oral vs topical route?

Topical route with pregnenolone (stress-non) feels much more potent for me, probably because it avoids first pass metabolism in liver. 5 mg on skin has roughly the same effect as 50 mg orally. Maybe you could search Haidut's post history as I'm sure he has talked about oral vs topical route?
I read his post, attached to the product, before buying it. All his products say for topical use so I am leary to veer from that.

Korven

I read his post, attached to the product, before buying it. All his products say for topical use so I am leary to veer from that.

Yeah I think you can get all the benefits from topical use, for me I've found that around 2-3 drops is the sweet spot for stress-non. More than that doesn't make me feel any better. I was just wondering about the hypothetical 'conversion rate' between oral vs topical pregnenolone...

Yeah I think you can get all the benefits from topical use, for me I've found that around 2-3 drops is the sweet spot for stress-non. More than that doesn't make me feel any better. I was just wondering about the hypothetical 'conversion rate' between oral vs topical pregnenolone...
I hear you. I am so scared of suppliments that I can't make confident decisions about them for my ill husband.

Korven

I hear you. I am so scared of suppliments that I can't make confident decisions about them for my ill husband.

I can relate to that feeling of not knowing what to do or feeling overwhelmed when taking care of a loved one. A family member got sick recently and I'm trying to help them but it's just a lot of different experimenting on yourself vs experimenting on someone else with supplements. Doctors are of no help unfortunately. Sending my prayers that your husband gets better soon!

I can relate to that feeling of not knowing what to do or feeling overwhelmed when taking care of a loved one. A family member got sick recently and I'm trying to help them but it's just a lot of different experimenting on yourself vs experimenting on someone else with supplements. Doctors are of no help unfortunately. Sending my prayers that your husband gets better soon!
Oh thank Korven. It is comforting to know someone who understands.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals