Pregnenolone Attenuates Benzodiazepine Sedation

DavidGardner

Interesting article: Chronic pregnenolone effects in normal humans: attenuation of benzodiazepine-induced sedation. - PubMed - NCBI

This confirms in my mind that benzodiazepine drugs are really just progesterone surrogates, and that pregnenolone and progesterone work synergistically.

Progesterone is a benzodiazepine agonist, and I would confirm anecdotally that combining pregnenolone and progesterone reduces the sedating effects of the latter.

Personally, I'm not a fan of either hormone any more--fewer side effects from dietary means of lowering estrogen-- but for someone suffering from anxiety, maybe progesterone and pregnenolone levels are important.

bionicheart

Very interesting, thanks for this...I've been wanting to find an alternative to benzos, I stopped progesterone because of the increased symptoms of estrogen dominance but i'm going to give it another go after reading this (and some of the recommendations of others on this forum.) Thanks!

Frankdee20

Interesting article: Chronic pregnenolone effects in normal humans: attenuation of benzodiazepine-induced sedation. - PubMed - NCBI

This confirms in my mind that benzodiazepine drugs are really just progesterone surrogates, and that pregnenolone and progesterone work synergistically.

Progesterone is a benzodiazepine agonist, and I would confirm anecdotally that combining pregnenolone and progesterone reduces the sedating effects of the latter.

Personally, I'm not a fan of either hormone any more--fewer side effects from dietary means of lowering estrogen-- but for someone suffering from anxiety, maybe progesterone and pregnenolone levels are important.

Pregnenalone stimulation would wake up Lazarus.