Pregnenolone And Prostate Cancer

haidut

Forum Supporter
What happens if ingested Pregnenalone remains as PS, via bypassing Liver ? No androgen conversion I mean.

PS is just a long term storage form of pregnenolone and easily gets desulfated and converted back to pregnenolone in tissues. Most tissues express the enzyme needed to convert PS back to P. The same situation exists with DHEAS and DHEA.

J

jb116

PS is just a long term storage form of pregnenolone and easily gets desulfated and converted back to pregnenolone in tissues. Most tissues express the enzyme needed to convert PS back to P. The same situation exists with DHEAS and DHEA.
It's interesting because female clients w/ PCOS have elevated dhea-s chronically, and usually it's a low carb and/or pufa issue that gets resolved. So one can say this lack of [otherwise easy] conversion points to a metabolic issue. :thumbsup:

haidut

Forum Supporter
It's interesting because female clients w/ PCOS have elevated dhea-s chronically, and usually it's a low carb and/or pufa issue that gets resolved. So one can say this lack of [otherwise easy] conversion points to a metabolic issue. :thumbsup:

PCOS is driven by estrogen, which inhibits the sulfatase enzyme that converts DHEAS into DHEA.
Steroid sulfatase - Wikipedia

As such, progesterone often relieves PCOS quite dramatically. Some people have seen similar results with non-aromatizable androgens like DHT and its FDA-approved derivatives. And yes, these steroids are used on women. In fact, a few of them were approved as breast cancer treatment back in the 1950s.

Last edited:
J

jb116

PCOS is driven by estrogen, which inhibits the sulfatase enzyme that converts DHEAS into DHEA.
Steroid sulfatase - Wikipedia

As such, progesterone often relieves PCOS quite dramatically. Some people have seen similar results with non-aromatically androgens like DHT and its FDA-approved derivatives. And yes, these steroids are used on women. In fact, a few of them were approved as breast cancer treatment back in the 1950s.
Nice, confirms it even more. The dietary route of balancing and increasing carbs and avoiding pufa in turn also help increase progesterone production and oppose estrogen.

Arnold Grape

I think that I was wondering something in line with this: Recently began applying the Health Natura Preg Powder that I have in a topical, transdermal-type way and it seems to be absent of more aggressive or estrogen symptoms I may have experienced from other varieties in the past. Still new at experimenting with this.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think that I was wondering something in line with this: Recently began applying the Health Natura Preg Powder that I have in a topical, transdermal-type way and it seems to be absent of more aggressive or estrogen symptoms I may have experienced from other varieties in the past. Still new at experimenting with this.

How much are you applying? Did you have aggressive outbursts before and pregnenolone relieves them now?

Arnold Grape

No, what I meant was that, at least at the outset, taking Pregnenolone on a skin surface level in coconut oil seems to be different than taking it orally. I did have two marked, aggressive episodes when I first began taking Pregnenolone (not the Health Natura brand) at 50 mg capsule form. These symptoms and some anxiety seem to be not present while taking it in the new way.

Frankdee20

No, what I meant was that, at least at the outset, taking Pregnenolone on a skin surface level in coconut oil seems to be different than taking it orally. I did have two marked, aggressive episodes when I first began taking Pregnenolone (not the Health Natura brand) at 50 mg capsule form. These symptoms and some anxiety seem to be not present while taking it in the new way.

10 MG orally yesterday made me quite relaxed and sleepy, somewhat depersonalized. Today, I took sublingually the same amount, feel a bit listless and anxious. It’s unpredictable.

Arnold Grape

Try getting some in the powder form and mixing it with olive oil or coconut and see what the difference is - I think it helps to take an aspirin shortly before or after

Frankdee20

Try getting some in the powder form and mixing it with olive oil or coconut and see what the difference is - I think it helps to take an aspirin shortly before or after

I’m assuming the Aspirin suggestion prevents Estrogen conversion ?

haidut

Forum Supporter

Topical pregnenolone seems to get rapidly metabolized into other steroids, and it seems to favor the androgenic route given the skin's expression of steroidogenic enzymes. Oral pregnenolone is a hit or miss many times due to liver status, but in most people in doses o 10mg - 30mg even oral tends to work well.

Arnold Grape

Topical pregnenolone seems to get rapidly metabolized into other steroids, and it seems to favor the androgenic route given the skin's expression of steroidogenic enzymes. Oral pregnenolone is a hit or miss many times due to liver status, but in most people in doses o 10mg - 30mg even oral tends to work well.
Super interesting to me -- Pregnenolone always makes me nervous to take because, at least orally, the result was extremely varied (see: above). I need to experiment more with it (I just ordered Panestrone, actually), but do you think taking 50-70 mg of the powder that I have now mixed in coconut oil on the wrists is too much? I feel extremely relaxed, but I also have a cold.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Super interesting to me -- Pregnenolone always makes me nervous to take because, at least orally, the result was extremely varied (see: above). I need to experiment more with it (I just ordered Panestrone, actually), but do you think taking 50-70 mg of the powder that I have now mixed in coconut oil on the wrists is too much? I feel extremely relaxed, but I also have a cold.

In my experience, and the huma studies done so far for mental illness, pregnenolone works best when taken in doses below 50mg daily. There is no optimal dose for everybody but if I had to choose I would go with 30mg daily for overall health and smaller repeated doses of maybe 10mg for better conversion into the androgenic pathways.

Frankdee20

Haidut, does the same apply to topical DHEA? Or is oral pretty straightforward ? I’m thinking of adding it at a 5mg oral or equivalent dose for mood elevating effects. Just can’t seem to get that consistency with Pregnenalone.

haidut

Forum Supporter