Preg: How High Is Too High?

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Thanks! So 1g would be less than 1/2 tsp (1200mg). I think I'm taking roughly quarter at present x 2 per day.

Here's another question. I just ran across this by Haidut:

Tianeptine has some very good brain "recovery" properties for people with anhedonia due to depression or stress, as well as brain fog, and other neurological issues. Al the reports I have seen so far indicate it is pretty safe barring its well-known withdrawal effect if you are taking a high dosage and discontinue suddenly. So tianeptine is more for neural recovery, while cypro is more broadly acting, anti-stress, anti-serotonin, anti-cholinergic.

I've also read a little on lisuride on the forum. I'm thinking of trying one of the two to see if mood or motivation improves, and would love some input.

Also, I forgot to mention that preg has definitely improved my working memory...I feel sharper at work, and less forgetful.

Jennifer

sunmountain said:
I have not even gone walking around neighborhood because I tire so easily, and the joint pain is never far away if it is hilly. I hope you have better luck, Jennifer!

I can so relate, sunmountain. My back pain gets pretty severe throughout the day. I'm hoping that sticking to relatively flat trails won't hurt too much so I can get out and feel a bit like my old self again. If it ends up being too painful, I'll drop snowshoeing and take up snowman building. :)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I used to take lisuride and wondered why it wasn't used as an antidepressant. I think the reason is probably because it would directly conflict with the medical propaganda about serotonin. I didn't take it specifically for any mental/mood issues but noticed it definitely had a positive effect for me in that area. Many forum members have reported experiences with tianeptine and I know it is officially used as an antidepressant in some countries. I'm pretty sure neither lisuride or tianeptine is available through prescription by a physician in the U.S.. The decision to use either medicine would probably require going outside the medical system if you live in the U.S.
I would take lisuride again if needed. It did seem to increase my thyroid function and my fuel requirements. I didn't realize it would be so powerful and I got myself in a transient hyperthyroid state for a few days when I first started taking it. I found it very helpful for reducing my serotonin which was my main concern.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Flat trails sounds good, Jennifer! I need to get out and do that again. It's funny I say "I need to." I remember having so much energy that I just felt the need to get up and go. Of course, it might have been stress hormones back then...

Blossom, that's great info and very helpful. I just ran across the thread about increasing it, and Charlie's caution, so if I try it, I'd probably start really low.

I figured I'd have to order it online. No problem.

Can you add a bit more -- and anyone else with experience, please add your comments -- to help me decide between the two?

Thanks!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Just an fyi, according to my pregnenolone reorder from Health Natura the 300mg scoop is 1/8 tsp.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

MY WAKING TEMP WAS 97.8 AND PULSE 85 TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!

FEELING WARM!

MY POOP HAS BEEN BEAUTIFUL THE LAST SEVERAL DAYS -- NOT HARD, NOT SOFT, JUST RIGHT!! I haven't taken cascara for a while.

The last few days my waking was 97.2 and 77. Then suddenly today it shot up.

Can this be a fluke? Yesterday afternoon, I suddenly had racing heartbeat. I drank lots of OJ, and it helped. I remembered reading a thread that said the if there is a lot of T4 in the tissues it can suddenly all covert to T3. I don't know if this is what happened.

I had also slightly upped my preg dose yesterday. Also, the last few days, I went back to regular progest-e instead of whenever. And, I'm taking much less thyroid.

I suspect I might have hit the sweet number on the preg dosage. AND that preg and progest are reinforcing each other. They LOVE each other!!

BUT MY STOMACH IS STILL SWOLLEN!!!! How can that be????? How can my poop be so PERFECT, my temp/pulse IDEAL, and my stomach still SWOLLEN? Aaaaaaargh!!!! No fair!!

Also, when I get out of bed in the morning, my soles still hurt, and joints still a bit stiff. My fingers still arthritic.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

I just ran across something Blossom wrote about how lisuride made her feel in another thread:

[highlight=#ffff80]I've always just had to do certain things whether I wanted to or not so motivation had really not been in my vocabulary for years. ... I needed lots of encouragement, would feel hurt very easily and just had a general outlook of the world as an unsafe place. ... I started lisuride in December of last year and felt positive results from the first dose of 1/2 tablet equalling 0.1 mg. The deep seated fears I had carried my whole life suddenly seemed small, silly, and irrelevant all at the same time. I wondered how I could have ever had such a mistaken world view.[/highlight]

This helps me say what I'm looking for. I feel that PTSD has rewired my attitudes and behavior in ways that seem impossible to change because they are so deep-seated and fundamental. My memory problems are in part due to trauma because it's hard for me to remember painful events.

When I'm feeling good, I'm feeling confident, and like Blossom, I can see my previous fears and attitudes for what they are. Feeling good -- for me -- consists of moments here and there, glimmers of truth, not a sustained or foundational feeling. But I have come to recognize them and cherish these moments, and hang on to their memory as my better self.

When I'm feeling fatigued and run down for a while, I feel alone, suspicious, and blame myself. I feel negative about myself. This is how I feel most of the time. And because I have felt this way for a long time, it has become me.

I would like to try something that can help this 50-year-old wiring. A circuit breaker. A chance to break free of this prison that is now my mind. A chance to feel confident for a long time. To feel benevolent for a long time. To feel motivated, like Blossom, and not simply doing things because they have to be done.

loess

sunmountain said:
Also, I'm wondering about the price difference between Smart Powders preg (20g $16) versus HealthNatura preg (20g $30). It seems both are sourced from china, so why the price difference?

Has anyone tried Smart Powder's preg? I'm using Heath Natura right now.

thanks

sunmountain, I am using the Smart Powders pregnenolone. It seems pretty pure and safe, I haven't had any bad/allergic reactions to it. Was there anything else you wanted to know about it?

If I get the dose right, and take it with enough sugar and protein, it is very effective at quieting down my mind and slowing down racing thoughts. I get a quiet and peaceful feeling in my abdomen as well. I am going to try massively upping the dose as I don't get very consistent results with the amount I usually take. I was mixing it with a spoonful of melted coconut oil and eating it. I just got some Lotioncrafter vitamin E and have in the last couple of days been experimenting with mixing preg + coconut oil + vitamin E and rubbing it into my wrists and under my eyelids.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Hi Loess,

That is very interesting...please continue to post in this thread and let us know how you do with rubbing on skin. I have been taking the powder straight with water. I also have just received Smart Powder's preg, and waiting to finish Health Natura's before I start Smart's.

I agree it quiets racing thoughts. Yesterday, however, I had to think about an opportunity at work, and my mind couldn't quiet down. I took more than usual, but perhaps needed a lot more than usual. I also felt some anxiety or racing heartbeat the past day or two, and the preg made my heart feel a bit heavy -- like the anxiety was trying to get past it but couldn't. Hard to describe.

I will confess the feeling I get from it is certainly calmness, but it still feels like something is missing. Also very importantly, the preg is playing a very important role in raising my metabolism.

loess

To be honest I will likely mostly use it orally most of the time, it's a little more economical that way (absorption rate is less when using it topically). But I like to experiment sometimes :)

I know what you mean about its effects being hard to describe. With a lot of these substances, techniques, and hormonal pathways that ultimately manipulate the flow of energy in living systems, the feelings don't always easily translate into singular and rigid concepts that fit into modern linguistics. For me it becomes more of a very personal language of awareness of the dances going on in various areas in my body (especially in the belly chakras on up to the crown). I find myself more and more defining my experience of the present moment based on energy fields within me that have a certain "glow" quality to them; like energy amoebas that are constantly responding to their environment by shapeshifting their own structures.

Sometimes I will feel glows that are quite uncomfortable and feel "incomplete", as if the active biochemical participants are attempting to move energy along to a different space, or to a better stage of stability, but they get stuck...much like what you describe with the anxiety trying to navigate its way through and around the heavy heart. Other times, I will feel glows that are wonderfully freeing, full of color and feel vaguely familiar, as if the biology within me is "remembering" what it is to be structurally organized; to operate with ease and grace...which is essentially what happens when living systems are relieved from constantly compensating for imbalance and disorder. I very much prefer this nonlinear and wordless way of healing over the often destructive and reductionist doctrines of industrialized/modern science, industrialized/modern medicine, and industrialized/modern culture.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
loess said:
To be honest I will likely mostly use it orally most of the time, it's a little more economical that way (absorption rate is less when using it topically). But I like to experiment sometimes :)

I know what you mean about its effects being hard to describe. With a lot of these substances, techniques, and hormonal pathways that ultimately manipulate the flow of energy in living systems, the feelings don't always easily translate into singular and rigid concepts that fit into modern linguistics. For me it becomes more of a very personal language of awareness of the dances going on in various areas in my body (especially in the belly chakras on up to the crown). I find myself more and more defining my experience of the present moment based on energy fields within me that have a certain "glow" quality to them; like energy amoebas that are constantly responding to their environment by shapeshifting their own structures.

Sometimes I will feel glows that are quite uncomfortable and feel "incomplete", as if the active biochemical participants are attempting to move energy along to a different space, or to a better stage of stability, but they get stuck...much like what you describe with the anxiety trying to navigate its way through and around the heavy heart. Other times, I will feel glows that are wonderfully freeing, full of color and feel vaguely familiar, as if the biology within me is "remembering" what it is to be structurally organized; to operate with ease and grace...which is essentially what happens when living systems are relieved from constantly compensating for imbalance and disorder. I very much prefer this nonlinear and wordless way of healing over the often destructive and reductionist doctrines of industrialized/modern science, industrialized/modern medicine, and industrialized/modern culture.
That's a beautiful description loess! Sometimes I have feelings that pop up that remind me of how I felt as a young child. What a wonderful gift Peat has given us through sharing his work, and Charlie for having the forum so we can share these experiences.

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Thank you for understanding my attempts to describe this strange sensation! It is not comfortable, or comforting.

Most of the time, the preg shuts off the negative thoughts and anxiety, so that there is a sense of calm. Without preg, I have negative thoughts even when there is no stress. But when in a stressful situation, the preg feels like a "blocker," and the effect is uncomfortable.

I wish I had a clue where to begin to find what is missing. I will try lisuride, though the more I read, the more confused I get, as there are other things also mentioned such as Onandsetron, etc., which also sound promising. I have no idea how to choose among them, so will just start somewhere. Very unscientific, I know.

Anyway, I also wanted to post that the perfect temps/pulse lasted exactly one day. Bah!

BUT, it's true that I'm continuing to sleep through the night, which is huge because I had terrible insomnia forever, and also that my elimination is good. These two things have been going on weeks and are for real.

But if I understand correctly, my poop might be good because I have too much serotonin?? Bah!

Today, I'm particularly down because I need a pair of dress pants for an important event at work next week. I ordered a waist size 31, and it came today in the mail, and I didn't know to laugh or cry when I saw it...it was so huge! Well, I put it on, and it's too TIGHT!!! I feel I'm in a NIGHTMARE!! I jumped on the scale and now I'm 127 lbs. I started Peating at 113.

I'm wondering if I'm doing things right. I'm eating sugar all day, and it keeps me going. But my stomach stays swollen, which means my digestion is still off, which is making me gain weight?? God, I wish I knew what to do! Or maybe it's the CO...I'm eating a fair amount of CO everyday, which also might be behind the beautiful pooping...

If my metabolism is not revving up, then is it still ok to keep eating sugar all day? Will it cause me diabetes? But if I don't eat it, then I can't take thyroid, and preg, and progest-e. So it's no longr optional. And probably I'll need to take even more sugar if I get on lisuride...

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

Plus my breasts are now huge and today they are hurting a little.

Does that mean prolactin too high? What other symptoms of high prolactin? I also just found a small pea-sized (but flat) rough spot on my scalp about an inch in from my forehead.

Of all the various anti-serotonins, which is most effective for lowering prolactin?

I just looked up lisuride on Farmacia, and it's very expensive! 28 tablets 0.2mg for $67. How soon will I know if it is working?

thanks

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I was wondering if you ordered the smart powders brand pregnenolone and if so how you like it? I'm thinking of trying that brand next time I order so if you or anyone else has feedback that would be great!

I'm going to order the smart powders pregnenolone. I haven't tried preg before, but I'm looking forward to the face lift effect, cuz I'm vain that way...lol. Any tips or things I should watch out for?

OP
sunmountain

sunmountain

I did order smart powders. I like that it comes in a jar instead of a foil packet. It's easier to use it that way. I felt good on it. I wanted to reorder it but they are stocked out. So I ended up ordering from Health Natura again.

I do quite large amounts. Like a heaping fourth or 3rd teaspoon. Although now I'm wondering after reading VoS's posts on uncoupling whether I should cut down on the quantity and increase the frequency. but that is not practical for me during the workday. So I'll probably keep continuing to take it morning and night daily for now.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Thanks. My health natura order took 15 days to arrive. I was bummed.

Is the Health Natura preg. of good quality, worth the wait? Don't really wanna wait 15 days, but I'm having a difficult time finding pure powder anywhere else.

loess

It only took 2 days to receive mine. I just finished my bag of Smart Powders and started the Health Natura, so far have not had any problems with it...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I love health natura brand but first they sent me cascara in error and when I emailed them they apologized and said it would be sent out the next business day. They actually mailed it 6 days after they promised. I thought they might have at least apologized for the second error or have given an explanation but nothing. So disappointing. Great product though and it usually arrives in 3 days.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals