Preferred Form of Coconut Oil?

My stomach used to be sensitive to MTC coconut oil, but I am not having that response any longer. I'm wondering which form of coconut oil is best to take given that I am asymptomatic, but may still have underlying susceptibility?

I realize that different forms of coconut oil have different benefits depending on the chain length, but I'm not certain which form is RP recommended in general.

If one were to take only one kind of coconut oil, which one would it be? ...Refined, unrefined, MTC, solid or liquid, cold versus expellary expressed, filtered or unfiltered, etc.

Summer

I prefer refined. While unrefined has very strong anti-microbial properties, it makes me feel sick. I also tried putting in on my scalp and it burned like crazy. Maybe I’ve got an allergy to it. I’m also not a fan of the taste when it comes to cooking with it. Pretty sure RP recommends hydrogenated, which I always thought was the same as refined but I could be wrong.

mostlylurking

Peat recommends hydrogenated because it has zero PUFA. Refined still has some PUFA. Hydrogenated is also called "92 degree coconut oil" because that is the temperature that causes it to melt. There's something about looking at the iodine content on its MSDS sheet to evaluate the quality. You want no/low iodine (if I'm remembering this correctly).

I'm using this one: Coconut Oil (92 degree)

In addition to eating it, I use it on my face. In the winter, we mix it with lanolin 50/50 on the skin to fix dry skin. I haven't ever used that on my face, but my husband does use the mix on his face. He's outside a lot and he loves the mix; it has helped his dry damaged skin a lot.

Although the plain refined coconut oil made me burn and itch on my neck in the winter, the hydrogenated does not.

Apple

I prefer refined. While unrefined has very strong anti-microbial properties, it makes me feel sick. I also tried putting in on my scalp and it burned like crazy. Maybe I’ve got an allergy to it. I’m also not a fan of the taste when it comes to cooking with it. Pretty sure RP recommends hydrogenated, which I always thought was the same as refined but I could be wrong.
I also use refined. It heals wounds insanely quick and I can eat tons of it if it were cheaper...