"Pre Workout"

Jsaute21

I am curious to some of the concoctions that Peatarians use who are interested in lean muscle maximization, strength, DHT levels etc...I recently switched from a morning workout to night which is less than ideal. (Less caffeine & supplementation can be used.)

I used to use a supplement called "lean revolution" that was a typical pre workout blend but with DMAA for extra energy. I got crazy ripped and my workouts were amazing. Do some of you have concoctions you use prior to strength or speed training? Such as caffeine, milk of magnesia, beta alanine, etc. Any insight from experienced lifters @TubZy @haidut @sladerunner69 @tyler @Stryker or anybody else would be great.

TubZy

I just responded to your PM, but methylene blue could be good preworkout along with BCAA's. Beta alanine can work too, gives you that tingling feeling. My preworkout meal is potatoes (with plenty of salt), gelatin and OJ.

I used to use DMAA a lot back in the day, but I prefer caffeine and aspirin now. Androsterone/pine pollen or any of the herbs I mentioned work good too preworkout. If you can find a potent forskolin extract that works really well too.

tyler

I agree with @TubZy on the potatoes as a part of a pre workout meal. That glucose/potassium combo is a real winner in the gym.
I don't take any pre-workout and have yet to dabble. However I will take a few teaspoons of sodium bicarbonate if I am doing sprints or any sort of endurance. Eliminates any sort of muscle burn.

Stryker

T3 , mildronate , big dish of salty potatoes and sugary low fat milk.

not that im advising it but 50mg of sildenafil citrate one hour before workout and you will have a crazy pump.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Yeah, potatoes are the best. Can be a pain to prepare, but i dont think there is a food i feel better on. What are some of the effects from Mildronate @Stryker? I know that it is beneficial from a fatty acid build up standpoint. I assume you purchased on all day chemist?

OP
J

Jsaute21

T3 , mildronate , big dish of salty potatoes and sugary low fat milk.

not that im advising it but 50mg of sildenafil citrate one hour before workout and you will have a crazy pump.

Where did you purchase mildronate?

Also, @haidut and others, have there been any real studies done on DMAA?

sele

@Jsaute21 here's some pre and postworkut stuff we follow.
-Log calories and nutrient intake with www.cronometer.com, this only needs to be done till you get a general idea of how much calories and nutrition are in the food you eat.
-Eat sugar/protein, preferably something high quality like milk and OJ/AJ, before, during and after exercise.
-Take a high quality B1, niacianamide and pregnenolone supplement before exercise and possibly after. 50mg of each is a good amount.
-Take 1tbsp of baking soda before and after exercise.
-Rest as much as possible during exercise, if you are unable to breath comfortably through your nose you are over exerting yourself.
-Get good rest in your down time, be weary of posture when sitting and sleeping, focus on getting adequate sun/light(250 watt heat lamp) while resting.
-Bag breath during rest down time, only needs to be done for a couple minutes.
-Utilize low intensity stretches/yoga poses to help with recovery and flexibility.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Real helpful @sele. Makes me feel better as your advice is pretty similar to what i have been constructing for myself. If anyone's interested in a delicous pre workout Breakfast or smoothie, the recipe is below.

5 TSPS fructose powder (Non GMO Brand)
1 Cup 1% milk
2 scoops naked casein
5 domino's sugar cubes(10grams of sugar.)
Brew 2 TBSPs Coffee in chemex, pour it once done on top in blender.
Sprinkle gelatin in.
1 tbsp taurine. (No taste.)

BOOM. Real Clean energy.

I also took about 50-100 g of Preg.

Thanks for all the helpful pointers.

sele

Real helpful @sele. Makes me feel better as your advice is pretty similar to what i have been constructing for myself. If anyone's interested in a delicous pre workout Breakfast or smoothie, the recipe is below.

5 TSPS fructose powder (Non GMO Brand)
1 Cup 1% milk
2 scoops naked casein
5 domino's sugar cubes(10grams of sugar.)
Brew 2 TBSPs Coffee in chemex, pour it once done on top in blender.
Sprinkle gelatin in.
1 tbsp taurine. (No taste.)

BOOM. Real Clean energy.

I also took about 50-100 g of Preg.

Thanks for all the helpful pointers.
:hungry: Sounds real tasty. I'm gonna try it.
A little naked casein with sugar before bed works wonders for anabolic gains.

sladerunner69

Yeah, potatoes are the best. Can be a pain to prepare, but i dont think there is a food i feel better on. What are some of the effects from Mildronate @Stryker? I know that it is beneficial from a fatty acid build up standpoint. I assume you purchased on all day chemist?

The starch doesn't bother your gut? I cannot eat any starch, corn potatoes, wax etc and not feel gut discomfort.

DaveFoster

I've consumed a liter of soda during my workouts with good results. Even without the caffeine, it's helpful.

Stryker

Vascularity is associated with estrogen and NO- since I began peating I have become less and less vascular but stronger and stronger

Yes it is but i think estrogen has more of a role in the relation to iNOS
"The inducible isoform iNOS produces large amounts of NO as a defense mechanism. It is synthesized by many cell types in response to cytokines and is an important factor in the response of the body to attack by parasites, bacterial infection, and tumor growth. It is also the cause of septic shock and may play a role in many diseases with an autoimmune etiology."

Mildronate reduces iNOS and increases eNOS
"eNOS is primarily responsible for the generation of NO in the vascular endothelium[9], a monolayer of flat cells lining the interior surface of blood vessels, at the interface between circulating blood in the lumen and the remainder of the vessel wall.[10] NO produced by eNOS in the vascular endothelium plays crucial roles in regulating vascular tone, cellular proliferation, leukocyte adhesion, and platelet aggregation.[11] Therefore, a functional eNOS is essential for a healthy cardiovascular system."

" antithrombotic effects that result of its diffusion across platelet membrane and sGC activation, resulting in inhibition of platelet aggregation.[24]Moreover, NO affects leukocyte adhesion to the vascular endothelium by inhibiting the nuclear factor kappa B (NF-κB), which induces vascular endothelial expression of chemokines and adhesion molecules.[25] In addition to these functions, NO produced by eNOS has antioxidant properties as it reduces superoxide anion formation as a result of NO-induced increases in the expression of superoxide dismutase"

Strange about the strength though.. i have noticed mostly the opposite , increased strength paired with vascularity.
On less vascular days i feel less strong

T

tca300

Vascularity in my observation is mostly driven by low body fat, high co2, and heat. I have several friends that are bodybuilders and they use hair dryers all over their bodies before going on stage to make the veins pop. Bulging veins like varicose are driven by estrogen.
When your body fat is low, muscles are hard, and body temp is high, vascularity is off the charts.
The cerebrovascular response to carbon dioxide in humans. - PubMed - NCBI

OP
J

Jsaute21

Vascularity in my observation is mostly driven by low body fat, high co2, and heat. I have several friends that are bodybuilders and they use hair dryers all over their bodies before going on stage to make the veins pop. Bulging veins like varicose are driven by estrogen.
When your body fat is low, muscles are hard, and body temp is high, vascularity is off the charts.
The cerebrovascular response to carbon dioxide in humans. - PubMed - NCBI
Yeah that's my experience as well.

tomisonbottom

@Jsaute21 here's some pre and postworkut stuff we follow.
-Log calories and nutrient intake with www.cronometer.com, this only needs to be done till you get a general idea of how much calories and nutrition are in the food you eat.
-Eat sugar/protein, preferably something high quality like milk and OJ/AJ, before, during and after exercise.
-Take a high quality B1, niacianamide and pregnenolone supplement before exercise and possibly after. 50mg of each is a good amount.
-Take 1tbsp of baking soda before and after exercise.
-Rest as much as possible during exercise, if you are unable to breath comfortably through your nose you are over exerting yourself.
-Get good rest in your down time, be weary of posture when sitting and sleeping, focus on getting adequate sun/light(250 watt heat lamp) while resting.
-Bag breath during rest down time, only needs to be done for a couple minutes.
-Utilize low intensity stretches/yoga poses to help with recovery and flexibility.

Curious about the pregnenolone recommendation....why exactly do you take that and in those amounts?
I can see the B vitamins for energy and FFA, but never heard of pregnenolone for a workout

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom