Powerade Powder As A Means To Get Sugar And Salt

Hey all, was wondering your opinions on this product:POWERADE Powder Mountain Berry Blast

The powder contains sugar, sodium, magneisim, potassium, and calcium. I am currently using it as a way to get quick and easy calories as all I have to do is empty the scoop into my mouth and chase it with water.

I also use this alongside protien powder. 2 scoops of the Powerade to one scoop protien 40g carbs to 25g protien.

Anyway just wondering what you guys think

Jayfish

It's second ingredient is citric acid, which Peat does not like. Also has blue dye.

How about you use table sugar and salt instead? Like 1000% cheaper.

DankMemes

I've been drinking a lot of this.

I find it an easy way to get in my aspirin, caffeine and taurine. I also take it to the gym for quick sugar.

The blue flavor gives me headaches but I find the red one hypoallergenic. The formula may be different overseas also.

It should have brominated vegetable oil in the United States.

CKA

It's second ingredient is citric acid, which Peat does not like. Also has blue dye.

How about you use table sugar and salt instead? Like 1000% cheaper.

I thought people like that around here...:)

OP
Elchapchapchapo
Thanks all for replies...

Had never really thought of making my own. This would allow for my favorite - baking soda to be added ;)

Like I had mentioned before it is so easy to get this in. So currently am at work and by this point in the day I usually am at 200 cals. Since bringing whey protien powder + this I'm at 980. Even though it is a "dirty way" to get things such as protien and calories in general it is better than where I was coming from.

If I do end up making powder I will share recipie with you guys.

Jayfish

Really the only redeeming quality of this is its sugar and salt and since they art using a fancy sugar like maltodextrin or something, I see no reason to not make your own. Or better yet, get some juice, add a big scoop of table sugar, add a big pinch of salt and a scoop of your protein. That seems waaaay simpler than spending $30 on some questionable minerals.

OP
Elchapchapchapo
Ah I see why it is expensive...1 container of this only costs ~$4.

The product I have listed is an 8 pack.

tara

Or better yet, get some juice, add a big scoop of table sugar, add a big pinch of salt and a scoop of your protein.
+1

tara

I thought people like that around here...:)
Could always add a drop of MB to the day's home made potion. :)

OP
Elchapchapchapo
Earlier photos of ray peat lol!

Attachments

• 9fb261b16f69ebfb02e3fd82ff94289b.jpg
    9fb261b16f69ebfb02e3fd82ff94289b.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 33
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals