Powdered Gelatins Make Me Ill - Homemade Makes Me Healthy - Why/How?

Aleeri

This is definitely me as well--gelatin powder or hydrolyzed collagen really bog down my system. Mission pork rinds are so tasty; I eat 3-4 servings a day.

Thanks for sharing. I found this gelatin dessert mix with lemon tea flavor in the supermarket the other day and this one I can eat also no problem.

I am thinking it must have to do with additives, processing or that the gelatin needs to be prepared (not consumed as powder). Maybe there is a difference in absorption even.

Mossy

Thanks for sharing. I found this gelatin dessert mix with lemon tea flavor in the supermarket the other day and this one I can eat also no problem.

I am thinking it must have to do with additives, processing or that the gelatin needs to be prepared (not consumed as powder). Maybe there is a difference in absorption even.
Yes, I do think prepared gelatin is much friendly to the system, versus the powders. I used to make orange juice gelatin squares, from grass-feed beef gelatin, but the pork rinds are cheaper and quicker, for now.

Aleeri

Update: the powdered gelatin I could not tolerate straight up gives me no negative symptoms when prepared with hot water and left overnight to form into jelly. Clearly, for me, it's a matter of preparation.

sladerunner69

from what i read instant has sulfites or sulphites while home made does not. many people have sulphites sensitivity and it can land you in the hospital. there are a lot of undeclared sulphites in a lot of manufactured foods. i've had issues with sulfites and salycylates and both problems go hand in hand and one increases the other.

GOOGLE: THE SULPHITE CONNECTION

What do you mean by salycylates?

sladerunner69

Interesting, I always wondered why I can eat like 100g fried pork rinds in one sitting and feel great but 1 tablespoon of gelatin powder or 2 tablespoons of hydrolyzed collagen gives me brain fog and a very weird wired but sedated feeling.

However, there are sulphites in many things I don't react to and people with sulphite sensitivity can react to aspirin, so how come I don't?

That weird but wired feeling sounds like gaba sitmulation to me.

fradon

What do you mean by salycylates?

salycylate is what aspirin is made from. vegetables and fruits have it in varying amounts and some poeple have problems with it they are sensitive to caue their body's don't break it down. some foods are really high and should be avoided by those that have problems with it.

sladerunner69

salycylate is what aspirin is made from. vegetables and fruits have it in varying amounts and some poeple have problems with it they are sensitive to caue their body's don't break it down. some foods are really high and should be avoided by those that have problems with it.

what kind of problems will it cause?

Mossy

Theres significant pufa in pork rinds though.
Hhmm, interesting. I had just assumed they were low, considering Peat and Roddy suggest them. I’m showing .5 g per serving, so, worst case scenario, I’m at 2g pufa from pork rinds for a day. Still not too bad. I did discover, though, that using the default data for them on chronometer does not register any pufa, but scanning the barcode directly from the bag, does. So, I did learn something by you pointing this out—thanks. Though, I eat so little pufa, that I should still be on par with the 4g/2000cal ratio, by continuing to eat them.

P.S. I should clarify, Chronometer shows that I’m on par with the 4g/2000cal ratio, but maybe some pufa is not registering properly, like the default pork rinds data.

Last edited:

sladerunner69

Hhmm, interesting. I had just assumed they were low, considering Peat and Roddy suggest them. I’m showing .5 g per serving, so, worst case scenario, I’m at 2g pufa from pork rinds for a day. Still not too bad. I did discover, though, that using the default data for them on chronometer does not register any pufa, but scanning the barcode directly from the bag, does. So, I did learn something by you pointing this out—thanks. Though, I eat so little pufa, that I should still be on par with the 4g/2000cal ratio, by continuing to eat them.

P.S. I should clarify, Chronometer shows that I’m on par with the 4g/2000cal ratio, but maybe some pufa is not registering properly, like the default pork rinds data.

Interesting you say peat has recommended them. I know Roddy has talked about having them here and there. I don't really trust pork, it seems like it is too high in pufa and toxins to be beneficial. Peat does explain that beef and other ruminant animals such as sheeps have complex digestive systems that do a thorough job ridding their bodies of toxins which are often found in pork, particularly the fat.

Mossy

Interesting you say peat has recommended them. I know Roddy has talked about having them here and there.
I think this is a fair critique, attributing them more to Roddy than Peat. I read about Ray recommending them via online comments, which I think has influenced me to think Ray eats them, such as this blatant comment:"they are eaten by Ray." Of course, all comments must be taken with the appropriate Peat pun--a grain of salt. I do think though, that they are actually a staple of Roddy's diet. I took extensive notes last year, when I first learned of Peating, and they are on Roddy's recommended list of proteins.

I don't really trust pork, it seems like it is too high in pufa and toxins to be beneficial. Peat does explain that beef and other ruminant animals such as sheeps have complex digestive systems that do a thorough job ridding their bodies of toxins which are often found in pork, particularly the fat.
I think there may be something to your concerns, especially the toxins aspect, but any negative effect, I only get from hydrolyzed collagen (beef). I feel good after eating the pork rinds, and with my average 3 servings a day, that's just 1.5g pufa.

Attachments

• roddy_protein.png
    roddy_protein.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 4
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals