Powder Or Granular?

NickC

A bit confused after reading here, is A/C better taken as powder or granules? Do the granules break-up once consumed.

OP
N

NickC

I thought activated charcoal only cleaned out the digestive tract and didn't get into the blood stream.

How do you take granular just put it in the mouth and swallow? It won't disolve in water like powdered form does.

I thought activated charcoal only cleaned out the digestive tract and didn't get into the blood stream.

How do you take granular just put it in the mouth and swallow? It won't disolve in water like powdered form does.

Dr. Peat has pointed to studies that show powder could infiltrate the tissues and clog up the cells.

I put a tablespoon in yogurt or something similar and swallow it.

OP
N

NickC

Dr. Peat has pointed to studies that show powder could infiltrate the tissues and clog up the cells.

I put a tablespoon in yogurt or something similar and swallow it.

Thanks ecstatichamster, i'll try that. However looking at the granules they don't have much surface area compoared to powder so I would be surprised if they actually absorb anything on their way through.

Thanks ecstatichamster, i'll try that. However looking at the granules they don't have much surface area compoared to powder so I would be surprised if they actually absorb anything on their way through.

oh they definitely work

the surface area is inside

Sucrates

When I was a lad we didn't have persorb or adsorb. If we wanted to sorb at all it was absorb. Simpler times.

Lurker

A bit confused after reading here, is A/C better taken as powder or granules? Do the granules break-up once consumed.

I've consumed a few pounds of the powdered AC in the past year. I haven't tried the granular as it seemed expensive or the inconvenient to purchase. I'm not sure about the persorbtion but overall the massive benefits from AC seem to be worth the risk. The coconut shell type does seem a bit crunchier than the hardwood which I have arbitrarily preferred. Gold Mountain Beauty coconut AC for the powder and Shizandu Organics coconut AC for the capsules, both on Amazon. I haven't felt like I needed it as much lately but for a while there I was doing probably two heaping soup spoons (~1/4 cup) every other night. The capsules are convienient for travel and there I don't count just pour out a handful. Go slow at first to see how the bowels respond but if you don't get backed up, larger amounts are definitely more effective.

Also I have read that some people use it mixed in applesauce to get the kids to eat it. So that might be something to try as well.

OP
N

NickC

Thanks for the info, two heaped tablespoons sounds a lot I am using only one teaspoon. Problem I have noticed recently is that it does seem to cause a temporary blockage for a few days, both powdered and granular.

Lurker

Thanks for the info, two heaped tablespoons sounds a lot I am using only one teaspoon. Problem I have noticed recently is that it does seem to cause a temporary blockage for a few days, both powdered and granular.

You can try some casacra, yoga, coconut oil, magnesium, vitamin c or whatever it takes to keep things moving. For me it seems to have resolved over time with continued use. The good thing is it's very obvious on your transit time.

paymanz

Im wondering about ordinary non activated charcoal.

Animals consume them in nature.

According to this:
Eat your charcoal, son

Analysis by Cooney of the raw charcoal that the monkeys feed on has shown that it is up to 30 per cent as effective at soaking up chemicals as commercial activated charcoal.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals