Potential Treatment For Autism

haidut

Forum Supporter
The latest study confirming autism as a metabolic/mitochondrial dysfunction. It also suggests potential therapy - purinergic receptor antagonists. I am not sure Peat will be in favor of that drug given his ideas on the benefits of the purines, but as long as the theory behind autism moves away from genes and towards environment/energetics I think the overall effect is positive for humanity:

http://health.ucsd.edu/news/releases/Pa ... utism.aspx

"...Twenty percent of the known factors associated with autism are genetic, but most are not. It’s wrong to think of genes and the environment as separate and independent factors. Genes and environmental factors interact. The net result of this interaction is metabolism."

"...Cells threatened or damaged by microbes, such as viruses or bacteria, or by physical forces or by chemicals, such as pollutants, react defensively, a part of the normal immune response, Naviaux said. Their membranes stiffen. Internal metabolic processes are altered, most notably mitochondria – the cells’ critical “power plants.” And communications between cells are dramatically reduced. This is the “cell danger response,” said Naviaux, and if it persists, the result can be lasting, diverse impairment. If it occurs during childhood, for example, neurodevelopment is delayed."

The drug used for the rodent study:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suramin

I love the quote "Genes and environmental factors interact. The net result of this interaction is metabolism." Awesome!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Found more on the subject of Suramin as a treatment for Autism. Since this is an old post, any more development/thoughts?
Parents speak about how their autistic children improved with experimental drug

Vitamin B6 (P5P) is a purinergic receptor antagonist. Doses in the range of 25mg - 50mg daily for adults should be enough to block most P2X receptors. Caffeine may block the P1 and P2Y family of receptors, so combining caffeine and P5P seems like a good alternative to try.

scarlettsmum

Vitamin B6 (P5P) is a purinergic receptor antagonist. Doses in the range of 25mg - 50mg daily for adults should be enough to block most P2X receptors. Caffeine may block the P1 and P2Y family of receptors, so combining caffeine and P5P seems like a good alternative to try.
How interesting! This is for my 7 year old daughter, not myself. We went to see a neurologist and she suggested very high doses of vitamin b6 and I just dismissed it but might try it again..Thanks!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How interesting! This is for my 7 year old daughter, not myself. We went to see a neurologist and she suggested very high doses of vitamin b6 and I just dismissed it but might try it again..Thanks!

If vitamin B6 is used then I would use P5P and not go above 25mg daily. There is no need for these massive doses unless there is a very rare genetic condition. If it is P5P and not the Hcl, the 25mg should provide everything she needs.

scarlettsmum

If vitamin B6 is used then I would use P5P and not go above 25mg daily. There is no need for these massive doses unless there is a very rare genetic condition. If it is P5P and not the Hcl, the 25mg should provide everything she needs.
Excellent, thanks so much!!! Do you think once weekly serving of liver will prevent any possible imbalances within the different b vitamins?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Excellent, thanks so much!!! Do you think once weekly serving of liver will prevent any possible imbalances within the different b vitamins?

I think liver will help for other reasons so it should be consumed anyways. But for balance with the higher B6 I would just take a B complex, preferably devoid of B6 to reduce risk of overload with that vitamin.

Waynish

Anyone experiment with seramin? Seems like an interesting substance.

I'm on a cfs forum. someone on there was looking at different purinergic antagonists, and calculating affinites and dosage. I think they said that b6 wouldn't work in a non-toxic dosing range and i'll pull it up. Sytrinol (from kudzu) and emodin are both purinergic antagonists, along with a kind of blue dye i forget.

Andman

I'm on a cfs forum. someone on there was looking at different purinergic antagonists, and calculating affinites and dosage. I think they said that b6 wouldn't work in a non-toxic dosing range and i'll pull it up. Sytrinol (from kudzu) and emodin are both purinergic antagonists, along with a kind of blue dye i forget.

Methylene Blue by any chance? :D

curious about the math on the B6

llian

Bump to this

It seems like Suramin(PAX-101) recently had an successful Phase 2 trial in reducinf core symptoms of ASD

Check out this article
"
- PAX-101 demonstrated sustained improvements over placebo in the trial's primary and several secondary endpoints and a favorable safety and tolerability profile

- Results build upon data from a prior published pilot study, with new insights on the relationship between dose, efficacy and response over 14 weeks of treatment with this investigational drug for core symptoms of ASD

- The company is actively planning an IND submission in the U.S. and Clinical Trial Application (CTA) in Europe to prepare for the conduct of additional clinical trials
"

It seems like this anti-purinergic substance has a lot of potential It was shown an 49% core improvement on IV suramin vs Placebo. Seems to good to be true.

Grapelander

Well they throw you a bone with this statement, "Flavones are antagonists of the purinergic P2Y2 receptor." and a link:
Flavonoids — novel lead compounds for the development of P2Y2 receptor antagonists
Flavone derivatives proved to be more potent than flavanones.
The flavone derivatives catechin and epicatechin were inactive.
However, a bicyclic benzopyranone ring system was found to be not an absolute prerequisite for P2Y2 antagonism, since the chalcone derivative β‐oxo‐aurentiacin was also relatively potent (IC50 19 µM).
Investigated flavone glycosides were completely inactive.
The most potent P2Y2 receptor antagonists of the present series were kaempferol, heptamethoxyflavon, and tangeretin.

Grapelander

Unfortunately Suramin has to be injected: Suramin is not orally bioavailable and must be given intravenously. Intramuscular and subcutaneous administration could result in local tissue inflammation or necrosis.

I wonder if Urea would have any of these benefits as the drug is based on urea: Suramin was first made by the chemists Oskar Dressel, Richard Kothe and Bernhard Heymann at Bayer AG laboratories in Elberfeld, after research on a series of urea-like compounds.

OccamzRazer

I tested 'positive' for high-functioning autism during a period of extreme stress in 2018.

A certain type of mushroom takes away that mental framework completely...

Exercise is a good way to manage autistic functions, as is avoiding overly processed food. But the 'shrooms are a dang near cure for me.

dukesbobby777

I tested 'positive' for high-functioning autism during a period of extreme stress in 2018.

A certain type of mushroom takes away that mental framework completely...

Exercise is a good way to manage autistic functions, as is avoiding overly processed food. But the 'shrooms are a dang near cure for me.

Assuming you are referring to those of magic variety, I am curious as to what benefits you have seen. I’ve also tested positive for high functioning aspergers, and seems to explain a lot of things that mapped out my life (so far), and who I am today.

OccamzRazer

Assuming you are referring to those of magic variety, I am curious as to what benefits you have seen. I’ve also tested positive for high functioning aspergers, and seems to explain a lot of things that mapped out my life (so far), and who I am today.
Correct :)

Oh the benefits have been amazing. I feel like my real self without the fears, reservations, rigidity. They seem to bring out the things you know deep down but have been suppressing.

As far as autism/aspergers relief, here's what I noticed:

Increased sociability
Increased attention from women
Increased ability to relate to others
Ability to be flexible and implement life changes quickly as needed
Ability to see people, events, ideas, et cetera as interconnected with God and oneself
Spontaneous conversations/good vibes in public (grocery stores, parks, gyms, etc...this almost never happened before)

I generally take 1/10 grams of these mysterious mushrooms per day, 5 days/week.

It seems like the benefits are similar to what many people have noted from nofap. Might have to combine nofap and microdosing and see what happens! lol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals