potent natural antibiotic

I wanted to try doxycycline for my IBS, but my practice is closed until next year so I can't get a prescription. I eat a daily raw carrot salad with acv + mct oil + salt, but it hasn't improved my symptoms. Are there any potent natural anitbiotics I could try in the meantime? Thanks in advance.

Richiebogie

Honey, garlic, coconut, cinnamon and papaya seeds are antibiotic.

Some of these are also antifungal and anthelmintic (they kill parasites)!

However, do not go overboard! Use regular cooking amounts.

eg. Don’t exceed 2 cloves of garlic, a tablespoon of cinnamon or a handful of papaya seeds per day.

Last edited:

Birdie

Honey, garlic, coconut, cinnamon and papaya seeds are antibiotic.

Some of these are also antifungal and anthelmintic (they kill parasites)!

However, do not go overboard! Use regular cooking amounts.

eg. Don’t exceed 2 cloves of garlic, a tablespoon of cinnamon or a handful of papaya seeds per day.
These things are popular in most nutrition circles, but Ray doesn't recommend using seeds. Also, I think he recommends using only a little garlic as flavoring.
You can easily get doxy online. I use 50mg three times a week usually. IBS is a difficult one. I've only had two attacks since January, but two is too much.

Have you heard of using diazepam in tiny bits when you feel an attack coming on? Also, I take enteric coated peppermint (probably not Peaty because pufa) each evening. That might be helping overall to reduce attacks. I hadn't heard the doxycycline theory re IBS.

OP
deliciousfruit
These things are popular in most nutrition circles, but Ray doesn't recommend using seeds. Also, I think he recommends using only a little garlic as flavoring.
You can easily get doxy online. I use 50mg three times a week usually. IBS is a difficult one. I've only had two attacks since January, but two is too much.

Have you heard of using diazepam in tiny bits when you feel an attack coming on? Also, I take enteric coated peppermint (probably not Peaty because pufa) each evening. That might be helping overall to reduce attacks. I hadn't heard the doxycycline theory re IBS.
The only place I know of to get prescription meds online in Australia is alldaychemist, but last time I ordered from them the package took nearly a month and a half to arrive. I've looked at many websites selling doxy for cats and dogs but they still require a prescription unfortunately.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by an attack, I don't actually have a diagnosis of IBS, I just use that to describe my symptoms which are: pooping 7-8 times a day, brown-yellow coloured stool, gut pain, gas, nausea. I feel like food just passes right through me and I'm not getting the nutrients my body needs. I have severe hypotonia (low muscle mass), which I think is connected.
Appreciate the reply!

Perry Staltic

I'm not quite sure what you mean by an attack, I don't actually have a diagnosis of IBS, I just use that to describe my symptoms which are: pooping 7-8 times a day, brown-yellow coloured stool, gut pain, gas, nausea. I feel like food just passes right through me and I'm not getting the nutrients my body needs. I have severe hypotonia (low muscle mass), which I think is connected.

Try bacillus coagulens. I used to have all of your symptoms, but with really foul smell to the point I was ridiculed at work. Now one-and-done ("All done for the day! See you tomorrow morning"), smaller deposits, not bad smelling, less intestinal turmoil, clean distinct pinches, meatballs that probably wouldn't leave much residue on TP ( I use a bidet, but can tell they leave less skid mark). I mean it's really amazing how peaceful things are down there now. There may be, and probably are, other factors at play, but there was a noticeable difference the first time I took the stuff. I call it the blessed meatball experience. Search selfhacked.com for bacillus coagulens. They have a good article with lots of research references.