Potatoes & dip. The greatest recipe.

Hugh Johnson

This has become the most common meal for me and my gf. It is easy, cheap and tasty.
'
1. Get some good potatoes. The cheapest ones tend to taste and feel bad. My personal favourite is the violet queen.

2. Chop them in lengthwise. Long thin pieces are easy to cook and eat.

3. Spread them on the oven tray, salt them and bake them in 220C

You'll see them getting brown once they are good.

Use whatever dip recipe you want. I typically use sour cream with paprika, black pepper, dill and cayenne pepper. But almost any recipe work. I once mixed 25% crème fraîche with salsa and it was the most disgustingly decadent taste. Just find what you like.

LadyRae

Wow, this sounds great! I'm noticing that you didn't coat the potato slices in oil before baking? Does this actually make them crispier in the long run? I'd prefer to not oil them anyway....

Some people soak the strips in cold water for 1/2 hour before baking 🤔

I've been enjoying a spice mix called Tandoori Glory, by Spiceology. Available on Amazon (I'm in the USA). It's delicious on a carrot salad, or mixed with yogurt or mayo for dip.

OP
Hugh Johnson

Hugh Johnson

Wow, this sounds great! I'm noticing that you didn't coat the potato slices in oil before baking? Does this actually make them crispier in the long run? I'd prefer to not oil them anyway....

Some people soak the strips in cold water for 1/2 hour before baking 🤔

I've been enjoying a spice mix called Tandoori Glory, by Spiceology. Available on Amazon (I'm in the USA). It's delicious on a carrot salad, or mixed with yogurt or mayo for dip.
I can't be bothered. I eat this all the time and I like my food easy. This way I can make a tasty and healthy meal for two in about five minutes.

You can make this fancier by coating the potatoes, soaking them and making the dip with fresh ingredients.

I do like to chop some beets to go with the potatoes.

LadyRae

I can't be bothered. I eat this all the time and I like my food easy. This way I can make a tasty and healthy meal for two in about five minutes.

You can make this fancier by coating the potatoes, soaking them and making the dip with fresh ingredients.

I do like to chop some beets to go with the potatoes.
My potato sticks are in the oven right now! With garlic and salt....smells amazing in here😏

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom