Potatoes Cause Infections For Me?

Luann

Hi everyone
so every time I try to introduce potatoes, if I eat three or four of them a day, I wind up with mouth or throat infections. It's really weird. Last year I ate a lot of boiled, salty potatoes and eventually had multiple infections in my wisdom teeth. I switched to rice, OJ, fruit, milk.

I try potatoes again the last two weeks and right now have a bad case of laryngitis and a sore throat. Also ear and back pain, and I feel so tired. It's basically some kind of flu almost. And I seem to only get sick like this when I try eating potatoes. I peel and boil them pretty thoroughly. Anyone with an idea on why potatoes make me get sick?

kiran

Hows your gut doing? It might just be that the potatoes are too much starch for you to handle at one.
Have you tried eating it with some rice, that might help with dysbiosis. You may want some OJ anyway.

OP
Luann

Luann

Probably about average, I don't know if I tried the rice with it or not. Thanks for your reply. It probably was the increase in starch after all.

jet9

Interesting,

Last 2 days I introduced potatoes (had zero starch for 4 months) and now I have a sore throat.

On positive side I am calmer.

Have to do more experimenting.

Ron J

Interesting,

Last 2 days I introduced potatoes (had zero starch for 4 months) and now I have a sore throat.

On positive side I am calmer.

Have to do more experimenting.
I think sometimes adaptation is required, so after a while you'll figure out if it agrees with you. The first time I used a pro dopamine substance, or after taking a break, I experienced flu-like/high serotonin symptoms(congested nostrils, headache etc.) for several days.

Cirion

At least for me, there's a balance involved with starch. Too much definitely causes endotoxic responses for me. But I can handle a pretty large amount of potatoes - at least if they're extremely well boiled. I like to boil them for like an hour. They need to be boiled until you can mash them basically.

jet9

At least for me, there's a balance involved with starch. Too much definitely causes endotoxic responses for me. But I can handle a pretty large amount of potatoes - at least if they're extremely well boiled. I like to boil them for like an hour. They need to be boiled until you can mash them basically.
Does timing matter ? So far I am doing mostly fruits/honey + seafood/meat during day and starch (potatoes) for dinner.

When I tried eating starch for breakfast I was crashing (I tried it 5-6 months ago)

Cirion

Does timing matter ? So far I am doing mostly fruits/honey + seafood/meat during day and starch (potatoes) for dinner.

When I tried eating starch for breakfast I was crashing (I tried it 5-6 months ago)

For me it certainly does. That's my strategy as well. I do most of my sugars and fruits in the morning to afternoon and starches for dinner.

In my experience sugars provide better daytime energy and starches provide better stable night time energy. Neither a pure sugar diet nor a pure starch diet works for me, this is what is best for my current state of health.

Cirion

So I just looked at my chronometer yesterday. I am really working hard to decipher what causes endotoxic responses for me so I track rigorously every day now and make notes. I lost 2 lb of bloat yesterday, and I had roughly 400 gram sugar and 200 gram of starch. This seems to say for me that roughly, I want 2 gram of sugar for every gram of starch, which works out to be 1 gram of fructose for every 3 gram of glucose basically (since sucrose (sugar) is 1:1 fructose,glucose). When I had too much glucose/starch relative to fructose, I bloated up. Like on Sunday when I had mounds of starch, and Monday gained 2 lb of bloat.

So it certainly seems sugar is less endotoxic than starch. I really would have sugar for all my carbs, but starch satiates me. This seems to be a good balance. For me. Someone elses' experience will vary. So don't copy me per-se. You gotta find out the right combo that works for you.

OP
Luann

Luann

I wanna revisit this, almost two years later, to say that potatoes remain a problem for me and it is the weirdest thing.

I've never heard of this happening to anyone else but I react to eating potatoes, by getting a toothache that's from the devil himself.

It's only potatoes that do this. I just don't eat that much of a variety of foods so I am sure about that. It can be whole baked potatoes or the dehydrated kind cooked in milk and coconut oil. Within 8 hours of having that for dinner I woke up, early this morning, with intense, squeezing pain in an upper molar root. I had to take a prescription pain killer just to attend my online classes.

That was one instance but it happens nearly every time I eat them.

Not sure if the starch is the issue here or some compound that remains significant even in instant taters...which seem like they'd really just be starch...but 2 years later, potatoes continue to cause dental issues for me.

I wanna revisit this, almost two years later, to say that potatoes remain a problem for me and it is the weirdest thing.

I've never heard of this happening to anyone else but I react to eating potatoes, by getting a toothache that's from the devil himself.

It's only potatoes that do this. I just don't eat that much of a variety of foods so I am sure about that. It can be whole baked potatoes or the dehydrated kind cooked in milk and coconut oil. Within 8 hours of having that for dinner I woke up, early this morning, with intense, squeezing pain in an upper molar root. I had to take a prescription pain killer just to attend my online classes.

That was one instance but it happens nearly every time I eat them.

Not sure if the starch is the issue here or some compound that remains significant even in instant taters...which seem like they'd really just be starch...but 2 years later, potatoes continue to cause dental issues for me.

you tried it probably,but what about the peel?Still get it with peeled ones?
lesser or more or unaffected?
any known allergies?

OP
Luann

Luann

So, I am having serious pain even after eating the dehydrated mashed potatoes from the store. Couldn't make this stuff up.

Yes I have an allergy to penicillin and histamine issues with foods like cocoa, gelatin, shellfish, legumes, etc.

PeatReader

Any type of potatoe can annihilate my libido for up to 3 days afterward. Makes me so annoyed. I can handle them. I USE to be able to tolerate them just fine.

Interesting to compare your experience with another guy's in this thread Low Libido Advice

I am almost 58 years old and in the best shape of my life. I am in better shape than most 20 year olds. I produce massive amounts of testosterone every night basically using this formula - boiled white mashed potatoes (or white rice/sweet potato sometimes), a hamburger (for dinner), and Mexican Coke just before bed. I never skip those ingredients before bedtime.

danielbb said:
Burgers (e.g., 80/20) plus the potatoes provide maximum hormonal results with Coke before bed being the catalyst for the whole testosterone cycle.

Of course we are all different but interesting how one guy's key is another guy's nemesis

Hi everyone
so every time I try to introduce potatoes, if I eat three or four of them a day, I wind up with mouth or throat infections. It's really weird. Last year I ate a lot of boiled, salty potatoes and eventually had multiple infections in my wisdom teeth. I switched to rice, OJ, fruit, milk.

I try potatoes again the last two weeks and right now have a bad case of laryngitis and a sore throat. Also ear and back pain, and I feel so tired. It's basically some kind of flu almost. And I seem to only get sick like this when I try eating potatoes. I peel and boil them pretty thoroughly. Anyone with an idea on why potatoes make me get sick?
It sounds like an allergy to me. I get bad earaches and have gotten mouth sores in the past from foods that I had a reaction to . I get the lower back pain too eating certain foods like, chicken, rice and chocolate.