Potato Protein Has An Essential Amino Acid Content Similar To Human Skeletal Muscle

Mito

140ED412-DD5C-48C4-9FB0-66C8E89560D0.jpeg
Protein content and amino acid composition of commercially available plant-based protein isolates

Amazoniac

Mito, it's the worst food that westerners eat on a daily basis. If you're implying that a similar concentration of essential amino acids matched for total protein content makes it good, I think it's irrelevant without knowing the profile (Masterjohn, 2020) because you can have a more compatible protein in spite of having less essential amino acids (otherwise soy, brown rice and pea could be considered equivalent by this standard). Using muscle meat as reference is also questionable.

Kvothe

Mito, it's the worst food that westerners eat on a daily basis. If you're implying that a similar concentration of essential amino acids matched for total protein content makes it good, I think it's irrelevant without knowing the profile (Masterjohn, 2020) because you can have a more compatible protein in spite of having less essential amino acids (otherwise soy, brown rice and pea could be considered equivalent by this standard). Using muscle meat as reference is also questionable.

Potatoes are the worst food we eat? :eek:

Last edited:

Cloudhands

Wuz wrawn wit tatos?

Goat-e

Amazoniac is dangerous, should be regulated as drugs.

T

TheBeard

It being similar to skeletal muscle doesn't mean anything as to its absorption or conversion.
Try surviving on a potato diet for a year and see what you look like.
Get on a meat diet for a year, you'll be thriving.

It's like saying eating collagen is good for your collagen production, or eating cholesterol is bad for your cholesterol.

When it comes to foods, don't read studies.
Just look at how the followers of a diet look and feel, and draw conclusions.

Samya

Try surviving on a potato diet for a year and see what you look like.
Get on a meat diet for a year, you'll be thriving.

I wouldn't advocate it but Andrew Taylor looked fine after eating nothing but potatoes for a year.

I'm with marcar72, I'd rather eat both.

Coderr

If we cool and eat potatoes after cooking, the rate of resistant starch increases. I think we should eat potato like this

Goldenboi

If we cool and eat potatoes after cooking, the rate of resistant starch increases. I think we should eat potato like this

"Starches can feed bacteria in the lower portion of the intestines if not digested quickly, increasing intestinal toxin burden and fermentation of carbohydrates which can stress the liver and produce changes in the metabolic rate, mood, and mediators of inflammation (like serotonin, estrogen, endotoxin). Excessive endotoxin exposure affects the liver’s production of cholesterol (not favorable)."

T

TheBeard

What about meat and potatoes? This is what I'm talking about!! Morons aplenty on this forum. Goodbye!! :banghead:

Why would you add a nutrient-void food to a nutrient dense food?
Makes no sense.
Just eat more of the nutrient dense food

Amazoniac

Here's an example of potato and muscle meat (if values are right) being on extremes when you start to consider amino acids profile:
- Fernstrom Ratios

Potatoes are the worst food we eat? :eek:
Wuz wrawn wit tatos?
I'm basing it on the work of a physiologist, a nutrition detective. But it contrasts with Raj's opinion (yet he's just a painter and philosopher with biology as a side gig):
- Could I Eat 2kg Potatoes A Day Without Fear Bout Hyperkalemia?

You along with most of the other "top contributors" on this depressing forum are full of ***t! :darts:
- https://raypeatforum.com/community/members/
Jorge, carlos, tara, moderator, Such, hamster, David, yerrag; if you're reading this, you may benefit from a laxative.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Ray Peat said potatoes are almost the perfect food.

:rightagain2

Cloudhands

Corn potatoes and milk are a classic combo, make sure u nixtemaliz
Here's an example of potato and muscle meat (if values are right) being on extremes when you start to consider amino acids profile:
- Fernstrom Ratios

I'm basing it on the work of a physiologist, a nutrition detective. But it contrasts with Raj's opinion (yet he's just a painter and philosopher with biology as a side gig):
- Could I Eat 2kg Potatoes A Day Without Fear Bout Hyperkalemia?

- https://raypeatforum.com/community/members/
Jorge, carlos, tara, moderator, Such, hamster, David, yerrag; if you're reading this, you may benefit from a laxative.
Yeah if u only eat potatos i agree, but i think along with shellfish, fish or gelatin its pretty easy to balance out your overally ratio.

Cloudhands

Corn potatoes and milk are a classic combo, make sure u nixtamalize the corn and consume some kind of protein to improve on fernstrom ratio. Maybe just add collagen broth to your meals.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals