Potato Protein, BPM Help? )

Luann

What does Peat recommend, that heart rate be brought up by eating? I read this post : Ray Peat Is Awesome and the lady is saying she wants food to bring her heart rate DOWN. So, just making sure.

I'm eating potatoes for protein and Niacin; is it better to leave the skin on, anyone know about niacin content of the skin or whether I'm shorting myself by peeling them. The skins have a lot of the iron in the potato, that's the thing with peeling.
Think that's it.

M

marikay

What does Peat recommend, that heart rate be brought up by eating? I read this post : Ray Peat Is Awesome and the lady is saying she wants food to bring her heart rate DOWN. So, just making sure.

I'm eating potatoes for protein and Niacin; is it better to leave the skin on, anyone know about niacin content of the skin or whether I'm shorting myself by peeling them. The skins have a lot of the iron in the potato, that's the thing with peeling.
Think that's it.

Eating the right foods raises metabolism which raises heart rate. Peeling the potatoes is the Peat way to prepare them. Make sure you cook them thoroughly as well. Also, I am not sure from your post above that you believe iron is a good or bad thing. There is an article on Ray's website called "Iron's Dangers" or something like that. Might be worth finding and reading if you are unsure of how Ray feels about iron. Cheers.

OP
Luann

Luann

Okay @marikay and also wondering why boiled not microwaved - microwaved would be ok sometimes right?

Fenrir67

in general we do not eat potatoes for their nutrients but for the carb, same for rice and i think you know that potatoes contain solanine, which is a poison located especially in their skin
Okay @marikay and also wondering why boiled not microwaved - microwaved would be ok sometimes right?

Yes if you like eating waves...

M

marikay

Ray told me the best way to get the many nutrients out of the potato is to peel them, juice them in a centrifugal juicer, and then cook the juice in a pan over the stove for thirty minutes or so, and then put a lot of salt in the soup and eat. I don't yet have a centrifugal juicer so I just cook mine in the microwave (with the skin still on them) and then put butter, salt, and cheese on them. I don't eat them too often though because the starch bothers me, something that making the soup with the juice of the potato would solve. Good luck.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals