Potato juice meal

L

Lord Cola

When one has kidney and liver problems, and is eating cooked potato juice, should the potato juice be eaten with added calcium and sugar, or would that lower the healing effect of the juice? I'm guessing other high protein foods like gelatin shouldn't be added until the kidneys are functioning.

When one has kidney and liver problems, and is eating cooked potato juice, should the potato juice be eaten with added calcium and sugar, or would that lower the healing effect of the juice? I'm guessing other high protein foods like gelatin shouldn't be added until the kidneys are functioning.
That is such a good question that I don't have the answer to. I hope bringing your thread back into circulation gets your question answered Lord Cola.

dabdabdab

They have solanine which is harmful to gut lining etc

They have solanine which is harmful to gut lining etc
Potatoes only have solanine when the potatoes are old, in the green under the skin and in the eyes. Otherwise people eat potatoes safely everyday, taking the starch out doesn't add anything toxic.

TacoVampire

Hi all, Just wanted to tell everyone what I did in hopes of someone correcting my process.

Last night I juiced 4 midsized potatoes . Within 10minutes the starch settled to the bottom and I poured off the top liquid(about 1 quart). fyi the starch at the bottom is like a fine sand.

I starting to cook this juice after adding a quart of water to the pot.. Let it cook for 45 minutes.

q: Was this long enought?
q: Can I somehow do this in a pressure cooker to save time? Any guesses how long I should cook it for?

It didn't taste remarkable. But with some salt, tolerable.

thanks all,
taco

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals