Potassium In Potato Juice Soup?

M

marikay

Does anyone know if there is a significant amount of potassium in the soup made from the juice of the potato? Or is most of the potassium in the starch? Thanks.

paymanz

Yes i believe most of potato's potassium gets into juice,

And I like to know about phosphorus, can it be lower in the juice?!its great if it be like that!

OP
M

marikay

Yes i believe most of potato's potassium gets into juice,

And I like to know about phosphorus, can it be lower in the juice?!its great if it be like that!

Thank for the answer. I agree, it would be great if the phosphorus were lower in the juice. Don't know how to tell though.

Tenacity

A quick google search tells me both potassium and 'phosphate compounds' aren't very water soluble. I can't vouch for the validity of that, though, or what implications it has for any potato-based products.

OP
M

marikay

A quick google search tells me both potassium and 'phosphate compounds' aren't very water soluble. I can't vouch for the validity of that, though, or what implications it has for any potato-based products.

Thanks. I noticed that orange juice contains potassium so I thought perhaps the juice of the potato would as well. But I guess the reasons for consuming potato juice soup goes well beyond the minerals that might be in it. Cheers.

Aladdin

According to International Starch Institute

A typical analysis of potato fruit juice is:
  • Nitrogen, N 4,300 ppm equivalent to 26,875 ppm protein
  • Phosphorus, P 490 ppm
  • Potassium, K 4,900 ppm
  • Magnesium, Mg 260 ppm
  • Dry substance 5.1 %
To convert ppm to milligrams see Parts per million (ppm) definition
One ppm is equivalent to 1 milligram of something per liter of water (mg/l) )

So I liter of potato juice theoretically contains around 4,900 mg Potassium, which is just above the US RDA and 260 mg Magnesium.

Motif

How much can we drink daily and how much is too much?

And does anyone know how much copper and b vitamins are in it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals