Potassium Chloride Vs Potassium Bitartrate

Hgreen56

potassium chloride is a lot cheaper but i don't know if one have advantages or disadvantages compared to the other?

marcar72

potassium chloride is a lot cheaper but i don't know if one have advantages or disadvantages compared to the other?

Potassium citrate is probably the best option. NOW has potassium citrate powder that's about the same price as the NOW potassium chloride powder.

I went through a phase of supplementing potassium and came to the conclusion that it's best to just supplement sodium chloride (salt) since salt is potassium sparing. There was a stretch of time there in the end where I was eating a bunch of potassium rich foods AND supplementing potassium citrate but was still getting muscle cramps. I now just eat nutrient rich foods (potassium is pretty ubiquitous) and consume 2 teaspoons of salt/day in the form of brine and no more muscle cramps. :2cents:

Jon2547

I use potassium chloride but still can't seem to get rid of the cramps. I have read on here that chloride is not good. But I don't understand the mechanism regarding its negativity.