Post Your Urea Success Stories

OP
ecstatichamster
Okay..... I have managed to drink 10 grams or so of Urea dissolved in water. My method, dissolved it, sipped it, and when the taste got too bitter, chased it with OJ. I think I might try to get around 25-50 grams today, I am really interested in the normalizing cells function.

Also came across this thread. Interesting interaction of Urea and milk- Urea And Milk Interaction

Have you noticed anything

yerrag

I am never going to drink my own urine (except if I had no other resort) but I am going to try urea.
were you able to get a low-lead grade of urea? If not, you may have to go use the nuclear option lol.

tankasnowgod

Have you noticed anything

Didn't really notice anything from an acute dose.... although I have been sleeping deeply this weekend, which may or may not be related. I found out I can dissolve and drink 10-15g without any real issue. I'm going to continue doing that daily. I'm most excited that I figured out that I can take it orally without gagging horribly.

And for me, the key was to dilute it enough, and then sip it. I'm just using water, and when it gets too bitter, chasing it with orange juice.

jaakkima

Anyone know the conversion grams to teaspoons offhand by chance? No immediate access to a scale but just started using some old urea I had sitting around.

iPeat

I recently listened to one of Peat's Urea interviews with KMUD and decided I'd experiment with the 120g per day he talked about. I didn't realize how much that actually was and ran out after 2 days... I didn't really notice much, however, I don't seem to react to anything so I wouldn't put too much stock in my experience. The only thing I noticed was a significant decrease in eye floaters, which is a problem I've been trying to fix since starting my Peat journey. I've tried everything and it's the only thing that has helped.

Jaakkima, I used a gram scale (not a great one) and came up with 2.5 tbsps. to reach the 20g. I use the HealthNatura stuff in water and chase it with OJ.

yerrag

I recently listened to one of Peat's Urea interviews with KMUD and decided I'd experiment with the 120g per day he talked about. I didn't realize how much that actually was and ran out after 2 days... I didn't really notice much, however, I don't seem to react to anything so I wouldn't put too much stock in my experience. The only thing I noticed was a significant decrease in eye floaters, which is a problem I've been trying to fix since starting my Peat journey. I've tried everything and it's the only thing that has helped.

Jaakkima, I used a gram scale (not a great one) and came up with 2.5 tbsps. to reach the 20g. I use the HealthNatura stuff in water and chase it with OJ.

I haven't begun on urea therapy, since I don't have access to USP urea. But one thing I'm interested in knowing is how it affects the maintenance of acid-base balance. Since ammonia forms urea, would this ammonia be used readily as ammonium, so that it aids in excreting acids through urine. The ammonium cation pairs with acid anions such as chloride and phosphate so that they can be excreted. Would having a supply of ammonia help the body retain electrolytes (calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium) and if these electrolytes aren't excreted, would increased electrolytes help increase plasma volume, and thus increase blood volume? And with increased blood volume, would blood pressure come down?

OP
ecstatichamster

Interesting about floaters.

Vinny

Was listening to the two transcriptions from KMUD with Dr. Peat on urea and I was wondering who has had some success with urea, oral or topical.
I was thought in childhood to pee on bruises/cuts. It worked remarkably well, even on bad ones. And, since I was quite active on climbing trees and doing kid`s stuff, I had to treat my traumas quite often, which in turn, apparently, became an addiction. So, I`m still peeing on myself sometimes, with or without a reason.... old habits die hard, you know....

I am never going to drink my own urine (except if I had no other resort) but I am going to try urea.
I would drink not only mine, but anyone`s urine, providing it makes me healthy. I`m 46 yo, have been sick all days of my life, if it works, I think it`s a small price to pay. So, ship me samples, guys...

But the most relevant question now is: we know it`s great for the skin (why don`t people shower at each other first thing in the morning? strange, isn`t it?) but what would do INTERNALLY? And, besides some benefits, if any, won`t you get back in your system some toxic metabolites, heavy metals etc?

L

Lord Cola

Has anyone tried applying urea on microneedled skin to eliminate scars? Skin scarring is allegedly incurable according to dermatologists. After hearing Dr. Peat say that urea helped skin heal without scars, I've been wondering how it would work with microneedling, especially at greater depths of needling.

Vinny

Has anyone tried applying urea on microneedled skin to eliminate scars? Skin scarring is allegedly incurable according to dermatologists. After hearing Dr. Peat say that urea helped skin heal without scars, I've been wondering how it would work with microneedling, especially at greater depths of needling.
Good question!

tankasnowgod

Haven't posted in this thread in a while, but wanted to do an update (tagging ecstatichamster).

So, when I tried Urea orally earlier this year for a week or so, didn't really notice much one way, or another. Didn't think much of it, but after doing some dietary tweaks and reviewing old data, I has some interesting insights, and wanted to share them here.

First, noticed that ever since I started "struggling" with weight again a few years ago, my protein intake has been around 100-120g a day. I decided to look back over Anthony Colpo's Fat Loss Bible Plan (which I modified a bit with some of Peat's ideas), and my fitbit data from the time. I realized my target back then was about 160g a day, but during the periods of most weight lost, I was higher, averaging something like 180g, several days getting over 200g. We all know about the thermic effect of protein as compared to other macros, and that high protein intakes promotes muscle gain, even without resistance training (High Protein Intake Increases Muscle Mass Even W/o Training). Both good things.

Interestingly, low protein intakes can increase edema and water retention, and this is pretty common knowledge (livestong even has a few articles about it- Edema & Protein | Livestrong.com), apparently by preventing enough albumin from circulating in the blood, which causes leakiness into tissues. On top of that, as haidut also pointed out, higher protein intakes reliably and quickly increase Blood Urea Concentration (the BUN marker). So, Urea's effectiveness and dose might be dependent on protein intake, and also sufficient albumen. If enough albumen isn't present, sounds like the Urea could normalize the waterlogged cell, only to have that fluid shortly flow back into, due to overall leaky circulation.

To the point, I upped my protein intake about 60g over the past day. Felt fantastic doing so, almost like a light switch has been flipped to "on" in parts of my body. I suspect this alone might cause a noticeable drop in water weight over the next few weeks. Also, tried about 15g of Urea today, and it did have noticeable effects warming up hands and feet, almost like it improved circulation as another poster mentioned in the KMUD urea thread.

So, I will keep the higher Protein intake, and probably use 5-10g of urea a few days a week. I will keep you all posted.

Vinny

Haven't posted in this thread in a while, but wanted to do an update (tagging ecstatichamster).

So, when I tried Urea orally earlier this year for a week or so, didn't really notice much one way, or another. Didn't think much of it, but after doing some dietary tweaks and reviewing old data, I has some interesting insights, and wanted to share them here.

First, noticed that ever since I started "struggling" with weight again a few years ago, my protein intake has been around 100-120g a day. I decided to look back over Anthony Colpo's Fat Loss Bible Plan (which I modified a bit with some of Peat's ideas), and my fitbit data from the time. I realized my target back then was about 160g a day, but during the periods of most weight lost, I was higher, averaging something like 180g, several days getting over 200g. We all know about the thermic effect of protein as compared to other macros, and that high protein intakes promotes muscle gain, even without resistance training (High Protein Intake Increases Muscle Mass Even W/o Training). Both good things.

Interestingly, low protein intakes can increase edema and water retention, and this is pretty common knowledge (livestong even has a few articles about it- Edema & Protein | Livestrong.com), apparently by preventing enough albumin from circulating in the blood, which causes leakiness into tissues. On top of that, as haidut also pointed out, higher protein intakes reliably and quickly increase Blood Urea Concentration (the BUN marker). So, Urea's effectiveness and dose might be dependent on protein intake, and also sufficient albumen. If enough albumen isn't present, sounds like the Urea could normalize the waterlogged cell, only to have that fluid shortly flow back into, due to overall leaky circulation.

To the point, I upped my protein intake about 60g over the past day. Felt fantastic doing so, almost like a light switch has been flipped to "on" in parts of my body. I suspect this alone might cause a noticeable drop in water weight over the next few weeks. Also, tried about 15g of Urea today, and it did have noticeable effects warming up hands and feet, almost like it improved circulation as another poster mentioned in the KMUD urea thread.

So, I will keep the higher Protein intake, and probably use 5-10g of urea a few days a week. I will keep you all posted.
Cool!

tankasnowgod

Looking up Kwashiorkor, I think a lot of "vicseral fat" is actually just fluid collecting in the abdomen. If you read the causes, it also mentions fatty liver, another issue discussed on the forum quite a bit- Kwashiorkor - Wikipedia

Obviously, the cases usually diagnosed are very serious and advanced. I'm thinking more of a long term slight deficiency, basically low grade Kwashiorkor, similar to how Linus Pauling described heart disease as long term, low grade scurvy. Symptoms and causes seem very similar in both cases, it's just degree to which it has advanced that is the issue.

Also, one of the things Low Carb diets are famous for is the quick loss of water weight. This is the basis of the Atkins claim "lose 20 pounds in 2 weeks," and that can happen frequently (but not always). Most have attributed this to glycogen containing water, and it does, but when people keep cals constant, the water loss is usually only 3-4 pounds. Traditionally, Low Carb diets also increase protein, sometimes drastically. This could easily explain the other quick and ongoing water loss in people, with both increasing albumen and urea. Of course, no reason that high protein can't be used with high carb. This could get you similar results, without the problems that Low Carb diets inevitably cause.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

While digging into Urea and BUN a little more, I came across this- BUN and Creatinine - Clinical Methods - NCBI Bookshelf

It claims that the person eating the "average" diet of 70g of protein a day will produce 12g of urea. If we assume this is nearly all due to protein and proportional, you can roughly estimate that for every 6 grams of protein you eat, you will be producing 1 gram of urea.

Birdie

I haven't used urea internally but have had some success with the 40% urea cream.

I've used it nightly on my feet for about 4 years.
It helps in keeping down the skin thickening.

Also, putting the cream on my nose at bedtime reduces the swelling associated with rosacea.

L

Lord Cola

I haven't used urea internally but have had some success with the 40% urea cream.

I've used it nightly on my feet for about 4 years.
It helps in keeping down the skin thickening.

Also, putting the cream on my nose at bedtime reduces the swelling associated with rosacea.
Does it moisturize well? I've been thinking about dissolving urea in water or another solvent to moisturize my skin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals