Post Your Favourite Pro-Metabolic Stack Here

Jam

I think complex IV is copper-dependent cytochrome c oxidase, while magnesium is involved in complex V. (ATP -> Mg-ATP)
Sorry, brain fart, I somehow saw copper instead of magnesium. Complex IV does also contain magnesium ions btw,,.

golder

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Very interesting, thanks. I’m going to add it alongside the K2. Do you think ubiqinol offers any benefit over and above Q10? Can’t find anything that Ray has said comparing the two, so thanks in advance.
I personally use ubiquinone with good effects.

Explorer

Currently using
- Niacinamide (3 grams)
- Thiamin HCL (1.5 - 2 grams)
- Riboflavin (250mg)
- Magnesiumbisglycinate (600mg)
- CoQ10 (200-400mg)
- Coffee
(+ Occasionally Nicotine with IQOS)
I got Magnesium Bisglycinate, Thiamine HCL, Niacin flush at home

NOBRU

I take a 2 milligram piece of nicotine gum and cut it into four pieces. Each piece is then approximately 500 mcg. I chew 3 to 4 pieces a day.
The problem with the gum = to much adjuvant titanium oxide or bull**** chemical inside....nicotine gum give oral cancer.

Jam

Thanks. Is uniquinone better than uniquinol?
Ubiquinol is the reduced form of ubiquinone, and when looking at such things through a bioenergetic prism, being in an excessively "reduced state" is not something to strive for. Furthermore, I think ubiquinol is more expensive and less stable.

golder

Ubiquinol is the reduced form of ubiquinone, and when looking at such things through a bioenergetic prism, being in an excessively "reduced state" is not something to strive for. Furthermore, I think ubiquinol is more expensive and less stable.
Thanks Jam. Do you think ubiquinone has any benefits over and above Q10?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Currently using
- Niacinamide (3 grams)
- Thiamin HCL (1.5 - 2 grams)
- Riboflavin (250mg)
- Magnesiumbisglycinate (600mg)
- CoQ10 (200-400mg)
- Coffee
(+ Occasionally Nicotine with IQOS)
I forgot to mention 5mg of biotin. I think B1 + biotin + magnesium significantly improves the oxidative metabolism of glucose, thus raise CO2 and reduce lactate. Biotin deficiency can cause excessive glycolysis and low OXPHOS. In the treatment of mitochondrial diseases, biotin has been shown to rescue mitochondrial dysfunction. Interestingly enough, biotin significantly improves complex IV by modulating heme biosynthesis, but I need to do some further reading to understand biotin's dynamic there.

PeatBull

About nicotine...i ve got my snuss from sweden. I can only hold it for a minute, after i feal really dizzy. Tension falling?

Jam

About nicotine...i ve got my snuss from sweden. I can only hold it for a minute, after i feal really dizzy. Tension falling?
Overdose. You have to build up your tolerance by starting with lower dosages. Rip one of the ends off and empty out half of the pouch contents, then fold it back up so that it won't leak.

TheReds

We have a rather high dose nicotine in our snus here in sweden, i guess you must take it some days to get used to the nicotine dose. Im on my oround 25th years of the highest dose snus and cant live without it.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Current stack I use twice a day, dissolved in liquid.

1000mg thiamin HCL (B1) —> PDH
250mg riboflavin (B2) —> Complex II
1500mg nicotinamide (B3) —> Complex I
5mg biotin (B7) —> Complex IV
200mg ubiquionone (CoQ10) —> Complex III
150-300mg magnesium —> PDH, Complex V

Last edited:

golder

Great stack.
Not considered K2 and Pyrucet?

Dr. B

you dont get acne issues using the biotin without pantothenic acid? theres lots of complaints on amazon and elsewhere of biotin causing oily skin, acne on face and scalp etc...
my stack is 500mg thiamine hcl, a ZMA capsule (3.5mg pyridoxine hcl, 150mg magnesium aspartate, 10mg zinc mono methionine/aspartate), 130mg thyroid glandular (forefront health), 5000Iu vitamin d3, 200mg caffeine USP, 20mg swanson policosanols. potentially including aspirin, and once a week including vitamin k2/k1/mk7, a folate/b12/b6/b2/betaine combo, 500mg niacinamide

i havent added in biotin due to the effect on skin when taken without b5, and dont want to supplement b5 as it apparently effects taurine badly, reduces MPS and can activate the adrenals
not sure about supplementing coq10, dont you normally make 500mg a day, using b vitamins and foods.