Post Your Experience With Topical Vitamin A Here

youngsinatra

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know if any of you have experimented with topical retinol? Then please leave a comment below.

I really love how retinol makes me feel, but it tends to be irritating to me, when taken orally, so I didn't take any retinol for a while now.

Today I just took a topical dose of 50'000 IU of retinylpalmitate drops (dissolved in MCT-oil) on my calves. After an hour or so I felt so warm, got random erections, felt quite euphoric and my vision felt clearer. I also felt quite androgenic, my voice seemed deeper and I just wanted to flex my muscles. :D

I have heard multiple times that the topical absorption of the oily vitamins might only be 10%.
I have found a paper that discussed this issue:

The percutaneous absorption and metabolism of retinyl palmitate have been examined both in vitro and in vivo. Boehnlein et al., 1994, have shown that about 18% of retinyl palmitate, applied topically in acetone to excised human skin, penetrates in 30 hrs after application. In addition, approximately 44% of the absorbed retinyl palmitate was hydrolyzed to retinol.

- https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/htdocs/chem_background/exsumpdf/retinylpalmitate_508.pdf

Peace out!

Quelsatron

Always interesting with the clearer vision, like i got after eating liver in my thread earlier. I just wonder if it's always a good sign or maybe some kind of adaptation effect from the bolus of vit A running through your system, cause vitamin A seems like a pretty complicated vitamin and who wants to overdose.

Andman

pretty much same experience as you, plus my sleep improves and i lose some water weight

and here i thought i was on the safe side eating liver every 2-3 days ??‍♂️

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I only microdose some beef liver every day or every other day. Other than that I don't consume any vitamin A really via the diet.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

pretty much same experience as you, plus my sleep improves and i lose some water weight

and here i thought i was on the safe side eating liver every 2-3 days

What dose do you take? Topically or orally?

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to know if any of you have experimented with topical retinol? Then please leave a comment below.

I really love how retinol makes me feel, but it tends to be irritating to me, when taken orally, so I didn't take any retinol for a while now.

Today I just took a topical dose of 50'000 IU of retinylpalmitate drops (dissolved in MCT-oil) on my calves. After an hour or so I felt so warm, got random erections, felt quite euphoric and my vision felt clearer. I also felt quite androgenic, my voice seemed deeper and I just wanted to flex my muscles. :D

I have heard multiple times that the topical absorption of the oily vitamins might only be 10%.

The percutaneous absorption and metabolism of retinyl palmitate have been examined both in vitro and in vivo. Boehnlein et al., 1994, have shown that about 18% of retinyl palmitate, applied topically in acetone to excised human skin, penetrates in 30 hrs after application. In addition, approximately 44% of the absorbed retinyl palmitate was hydrolyzed to retinol.

- https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/htdocs/chem_background/exsumpdf/retinylpalmitate_508.pdf

Peace out!

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing! Which product do you use? Have you tried several products and found one/few that work the best?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Started taking thyroid hormone and it seemed to be increasing acne. Tried some topical vitamin A last night along with an oral dose. Skin has definitely improved over night

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing! Which product do you use? Have you tried several products and found one/few that work the best?
I just got a new bottle of retinol palmitate, dissolved in olive oil and with rosemary extract. Just applied 100k IU on my calves this morning and it felt a bit more gentle on the skin. Also didn‘t have this weird smell like my old retinol supplement.

Don‘t know if it is allowed to post links but this is what I got:
Retinol Drops

I just got a new bottle of retinol palmitate, dissolved in olive oil and with rosemary extract. Just applied 100k IU on my calves this morning and it felt a bit more gentle on the skin. Also didn‘t have this weird smell like my old retinol supplement.

Retinol Drops

Thanks! I can't read German, but it says "100% VEGAN" which suggests to me it is synthetic. I am sure I can find a US version. On my list of experiments to try. ;)

bavy

Hey everyone,

Peace out!
This is so interesting! Can you post the brand, please?

bavy

Retinol Drops
just kidding, got it thanks!

Sumbody

Hey everyone,

Peace out!
I have used IdeaLabs Retinil product in tocopherol oil topically on my face as an experiment in reducing fine lines.

I felt like at the time I did see some results and there is no doubt it made the skin feel softer as well. I would typically apply it before bed. One drop is 5,000iu, and I would often apply 8-10 drops to my forehead and the skin around my eyes.

I felt like the benefits were skin deep, but doubt very much is actually absorbed into the bloodstream this way. However the skin around the eyes seems quite thin so perhaps this is a good application spot for ideal absorption.

Sublingualy and orally however is a different story. I've taken the oil sublingualy and felt pretty good afterwards.

At one point in my life due to excess drinking/hypothyroidism, I developed a Vitamin A deficiency. My vision got very poor in low light, with poor night vision, light streaking and sensitivity.

I took a daily supplement containing 25,000 IU of vitamin A as 15,000 IU beta carotene and 10,000 IU of retinyl palmitate. And after 1-2 weeks my vision was back to normal. I may have even been doubling that dose daily as well so probably 50kIU. I only took it for about a week after my vision improved and then discontinued. It was just what I needed.

I may consider doing something like this again as recently I get this slight double vision effect after looking at my phone for a period of time. Not sure what that is, but I may try some of the Retinil product at high dose for a couple weeks to test and see how it makes me feel and what effects it gives.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Butter, milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish contain vitamin A. You don't eat any of these?
No, I don‘t eat any of those foods. Dairy causes major GI issues and tonsillitis, while eggs give me arthritis-like joint paint in my fingers and joints.

Now I am eating more liver (1-2oz a day) and this is working out fine.

Andman

Just a small update, seems like 25k orally for 3-4 days in a row (on top of 3-7k from diet) is too much - get a nasty headache and my temps drop for a few days

interestingly enough, around 10-15k taken orally in the evening seems to knock me out very quickly - which is great since i do have trouble falling asleep quite often

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I am back on the topical vitamin A, but added D3 to the mix.

I am taking 50‘000 IU A and 20‘000 IU D3, but I wonder how much is actually absorbed of it - really need to do a blood test soon.

Back
Top Bottom