Post Your Experience With Topical Vitamin A Here

I am back on the topical vitamin A, but added D3 to the mix.

I am taking 50‘000 IU A and 20‘000 IU D3, but I wonder how much is actually absorbed of it - really need to do a blood test soon.

Looking forward to your notes/findings. I will be starting Vitamin A supplementation (oral) on August 1st or later (in about two weeks).

Here is my Vitamin A status in the past 5 years or so:

1626121834571.png

Obviously I need supplementation. You're not going to make me eat liver!

golder

Looking forward to your notes/findings. I will be starting Vitamin A supplementation (oral) on August 1st or later (in about two weeks).

Here is my Vitamin A status in the past 5 years or so:

View attachment 25291

Obviously I need supplementation. You're not going to make me eat liver!
Whoa, steady decline. That’s well documented. How did you manage to do that? Take yearly labs and plot your own graph? Did you not consider the A in 2020 when you saw a rapid decline? Any idea why it fell so sharply?

Whoa, steady decline.

Indeed - steady precipitous decline.

That’s well documented. How did you manage to do that? Take yearly labs and plot your own graph?

I take quarterly (or more often) labs on my own dime. I got the graph from my biomarker tracking service called HeadsUpHealth. I enter the data myself.

Did you not consider the A in 2020 when you saw a rapid decline?

Yes, but I was in denial. I thought it was an aberration and that I could correct it. Now I realize it is a futile endeavor.
I mean if I really wanted to, I can change my diet back, but I have too many things going on and don't want to right now. I want the sure thing.

And youngsinatra's positve results have gotten me excited and motivated to try Vitamin A supplementation.

Any idea why it fell so sharply?

I know exactly why it fell so sharply. I've been changing my diet A LOT and unwittingly crowding out the carotenoids that were fueling the upstream of my retinol (Vitamin A) synthesis. And I don't have the will or "room" to add them back. So synthetic retinyl palmitate here I come!

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Very interesting data! Have you measured your 25OHD as well over that timespan?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Currently doing vitamin D3 at 25‘000 IU on the wrist/forearm region. Luckily I only need 5 drops with a new product - I needed 25 drops with my old product, which was quite an oily mess.

The oily mess continues with retinylpalmitate - with the current product I need 3 drops for 5000 IU.
So when I apply 50-100k IU topically I need 30-60 drops. #quickmath

I don‘t know why, but topical feels pretty good in comparison to orally. Maybe the steady slow supply of the vitamins vs. instant absorption orally?

golder

Currently doing vitamin D3 at 25‘000 IU on the wrist/forearm region. Luckily I only need 5 drops with a new product - I needed 25 drops with my old product, which was quite an oily mess.

The oily mess continues with retinylpalmitate - with the current product I need 3 drops for 5000 IU.
So when I apply 50-100k IU topically I need 30-60 drops. #quickmath

I don‘t know why, but topical feels pretty good in comparison to orally. Maybe the steady slow supply of the vitamins vs. instant absorption orally?
Healthnatura do a 15k per drop retinyl palmitate.
I also feel better in the topicals. I think it’s the slower absorption and having sub optimal digestion

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Healthnatura do a 15k per drop retinyl palmitate.
I also feel better in the topicals. I think it’s the slower absorption and having sub optimal digestion
Thanks for the tip :)

Which new product are you trying?

The slower absorption is a plausible explanation for why you feel better at the high dose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom