Post your experience fasting your way from sickness to health? (for flu/covid/etc.)

I fasted for 36 hours but I drank juice and ate a little fruit and a few olives to support mineral intake.and keep cortisol low and FFAs low.

I do feel much better today. And I didn't sneeze once yesterday (I have been sneezing a lot lately).

I feel that this is a good solution for when you are sick. You feel really crappy but you get better faster.

What is your experience?

Dom

I fasted for 36 hours but I drank juice and ate a little fruit and a few olives to support mineral intake.and keep cortisol low and FFAs low.

I do feel much better today. And I didn't sneeze once yesterday (I have been sneezing a lot lately).

I feel that this is a good solution for when you are sick. You feel really crappy but you get better faster.

What is your experience?
When one is really sick, the appetite usually is pretty low. Whenever I was sick (as a kid) I never ate for 3-4day, simply because appetite was nonexistent. Fasting is very powerful in my experience. It really gives the body time to heal + maybe the stress response stimulates the immune system. Another great tool for stimulating it is to take a short cold shower (inducing a stress response) when feeling like something is on the way (sore throat, runny nose. cough etc.). Helps me most of the time. The crappy feeling usually comes because the body is still "running on sugar", so I like to fast around 72h, because at around 50h in I really start feeling euphoric.

Birdie

I felt sick late last October. Unusual sudden diarrhea and other signs I took for possible Covid. I took HCQ + Zinc + Doxy from Dr Zev's protocol for 5 days. I usually take baking soda, aspirin and a little amoxicillin if I feel illness coming on. My notes stopped before I got sick and then started 11-2-2020 when I began higher dose (100mg) of doxy as thought possible lung infection and fear of clots. Aspirin.

I didn't stop eating but ate less and drank more juice. Took my usual supplements.

What type of olives @ecstatichamster ? Never thought of that at all.

OP
ecstatichamster
I felt sick late last October. Unusual sudden diarrhea and other signs I took for possible Covid. I took HCQ + Zinc + Doxy from Dr Zev's protocol for 5 days. I usually take baking soda, aspirin and a little amoxicillin if I feel illness coming on. My notes stopped before I got sick and then started 11-2-2020 when I began higher dose (100mg) of doxy as thought possible lung infection and fear of clots. Aspirin.

I didn't stop eating but ate less and drank more juice. Took my usual supplements.

What type of olives @ecstatichamster ? Never thought of that at all.

delicious green olives. Loaded with salt and I think healthful things.

aquila2009

What is your experience?
One meal a day and other extended fasts for a year wrecked my health and I would never again. Grams of vitamin C every hour till symptoms go away are the key if your sick.

However, since I’ve been working on my metabolism, get plenty of Florida sun, and avoiding toxins and pufa, I no longer get sick. I No longer think long term daily vit C supplements are necessary, but I would still use it if I was going through an acute sickness.

daveoutside

Early spring and a 36 hour fast plus saunas help me detox and sleep better. Through the fast I sip on vegetable broth, that's it. A lighter feeling comes over me, good energy flow and lots of movement in the intestines. Real deep sleep on the night of fast. Highly recommend to all Peat people.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals