Post-Strep ME/CFS

Lucien Burke

Hey everybody,

I developed ME/CFS after a step infection and have been experimenting with different things over the past couple years. Despite my efforts my condition has continually gotten worse.

I've been doing a self experiment with high dose apsirin (4g) and haven't felt effects so far except tinnitus. should I discontinue or manage the tinnitus somehow?

aside from aspirin, any advice or recommendations are welcome.

I got mono after having a bad strep infection a few years ago. It was pretty terrible. I was going to a Naturopath at the time who gave me Astragalus as a tincture. It seemed to do the trick. I am not sure what Ray Peat thinks of Astragalus but it worked for me. The other thing I would try is well cooked mushrooms(like a cup a day) to boost immunity.

OP
Lucien Burke

Lucien Burke

I tried some of those herbs.... astragalus, gynostemma, chaga, reishi... no effect thus far

Taotatoes

I had to take a 2 week course of keflex a couple years back when this happened to me. Nothing else made an improvement besides that unfortunately. My joint pain and fatigue cleared up in the first week.

S-VV

Sequence your microbiome and head over to cfsremission.com

As far as I know nobody has a cure for cfs. A few of the things u may find interesting are David bells work on blood volume /saline , mechanicalbasis.org, and all the stuff on pyruvate dehydrogenase /hypometabolism. Haidut has one supplement supposed to help w / pyruvate dehydrogenase specifically

I have gotten worse over the years I’ve been sick despite trying a hugenumber of interventions that seemed to make sense to try. I would say if you have any energy left to the extent you can write or think spend it on me/cfs advocacy or protest. Nothing will change until drastic political changes are made to direct funding toward research for this disease. This is probably a faster way to get yourself help than trying to biohack it on your own. Just my 2 cents. Still you can search for some stuff based on what I said u may find it interesting. This disease is awful

Runenight201

As far as I know nobody has a cure for cfs. A few of the things u may find interesting are David bells work on blood volume /saline , mechanicalbasis.org, and all the stuff on pyruvate dehydrogenase /hypometabolism. Haidut has one supplement supposed to help w / pyruvate dehydrogenase specifically

I have gotten worse over the years I’ve been sick despite trying a hugenumber of interventions that seemed to make sense to try. I would say if you have any energy left to the extent you can write or think spend it on me/cfs advocacy or protest. Nothing will change until drastic political changes are made to direct funding toward research for this disease. This is probably a faster way to get yourself help than trying to biohack it on your own. Just my 2 cents. Still you can search for some stuff based on what I said u may find it interesting. This disease is awful

I doubt lobbying for more funding to find an elusive cure is a better way to get help. How many people are actually in good hands with modern medical institutions when it comes to degenerative diseases and cancer? Your political dollars will just get wasted towards finding a pharmaceutical intervention for your low energy disease.

Last edited:
I doubt lobbying for more funding is a faster to find an elusive cure is a better way to get help. How many people are actually in good hands with modern medical institutions when it comes to degenerative diseases and cancer? Your political dollars will just get wasted towards finding a pharmaceutical intervention for your low energy disease.
Because of aids research and activism, aids is now an annoyance instead of a death sentence

There are plenty of good researchers working on this disease , naviaux, Ron Davis, etc. the main impediment to speed of research is funding. I don’t mean funding just for NIH research which can be not as good, but the nih funding private researchers like the ones mentioned w no strings attached.

lampofred

I doubt lobbying for more funding to find an elusive cure is a better way to get help. How many people are actually in good hands with modern medical institutions when it comes to degenerative diseases and cancer? Your political dollars will just get wasted towards finding a pharmaceutical intervention for your low energy disease.

I too hate big pharma and government-censored science but in the case of CFS, I think some government/big pharma funding would do more good than harm because it would make people actually start to think of it as a real illness instead of writing it off as laziness.

Being reflexively against big pharma like this is dumb. I didn’t even mention big pharma. I do not like a lot of the things they do but they also incidentally do good things sometimes when they are heavily incentivized too. I know ray has different ideas about aids but to a lot of people it was a death sentence and now it’s not Bc of activism and heavy investment in funding.

There is a new action by MEAction against the government , trying to put pressure on them to fund this Illness.

#notenough4ME

I recommend anyone with this Illness to Google it ans participate in this action

postman

I'm far from cured but I've found some things to be helpful. Keeping vitamin A, PUFA, and iron intake low.