Post MACA Digestive Issues And L-glutamine

serling78

As I've mentioned in other threads, I recently tried out MACA to help with low libido and it has been a huge long term mistake I am still paying for. I took it almost daily for about 4-5 weeks roughly. I almost immediately noticed bad constipation and bloating but I thought I could "push through it" and my stomach would adjust. After a week into it I actually switched to MACA liquid extract because everything I've read says that form is ideal for those with digestive issues, but that wasn't remotely true.

I have since 100% stopped using MACA about two weeks ago and my stomach is worse than ever. It's like I can't recover. I'm constantly horribly constipated and bloated. I've had to work from home instead of going into the office for most of the last two weeks because I literally can't fit into any of my pants. My stomach looks like I'm 9 months pregnant. And I'm a 42 year old male who definitely is not pregnant

I do have tiny bowel movements about once a day that are in no way relieving or helpful. A couple of times I've used either magnesium citrate or a salt flush to force myself to have diarrhea but even though it "works" I still feel back to the same way within an hour or two. When I do have diarrhea it's like mostly liquid comes out, so still not a full evacuation.

Three days ago I started using l-glutamine powder because I've read it's an amazing digestive aid, but it hasn't helped yet. Has anyone else tried this method and if so how long before seeing any results?

I'm at a loss here. It's getting to the point where I may have to go see a doctor, but I fear that actually getting down to the real issue will be pretty difficult for a doctor.

nad

As I've mentioned in other threads, I recently tried out MACA to help with low libido and it has been a huge long term mistake I am still paying for. I took it almost daily for about 4-5 weeks roughly. I almost immediately noticed bad constipation and bloating but I thought I could "push through it" and my stomach would adjust. After a week into it I actually switched to MACA liquid extract because everything I've read says that form is ideal for those with digestive issues, but that wasn't remotely true.

I have since 100% stopped using MACA about two weeks ago and my stomach is worse than ever. It's like I can't recover. I'm constantly horribly constipated and bloated. I've had to work from home instead of going into the office for most of the last two weeks because I literally can't fit into any of my pants. My stomach looks like I'm 9 months pregnant. And I'm a 42 year old male who definitely is not pregnant

I do have tiny bowel movements about once a day that are in no way relieving or helpful. A couple of times I've used either magnesium citrate or a salt flush to force myself to have diarrhea but even though it "works" I still feel back to the same way within an hour or two. When I do have diarrhea it's like mostly liquid comes out, so still not a full evacuation.

Three days ago I started using l-glutamine powder because I've read it's an amazing digestive aid, but it hasn't helped yet. Has anyone else tried this method and if so how long before seeing any results?

I'm at a loss here. It's getting to the point where I may have to go see a doctor, but I fear that actually getting down to the real issue will be pretty difficult for a doctor.
If after 2 weeks you're not in pain it's probably not an obstruction, but still can be fecal stones, or sphincter's inflammation.
I was there (and still at some point) , but the only relieve I got from pineapple. I had a can and ate it during the 2 days, before, with and after food. And cascara, of course, 1/4 capsule with every meal.
Try, good luck

OP
S

serling78

Well it's been four more days and still having same issues.

If pineapple worked for you is it possible that's a sign of an issue with stomach acid? Just wondering since pineapples are pretty acidic

nad

Well it's been four more days and still having same issues.

If pineapple worked for you is it possible that's a sign of an issue with stomach acid? Just wondering since pineapples are pretty acidic
I believe pineapple works because of fiber and enzymes. It's not the panacea although.
You probably need to find the cause of your problem. In future may be try to introduce new stuff gradually.
I also still didn't resolve my own completely. Sorry I'm not so good helper, maybe somebody.

Tarmander

Anything you try that does something like where it "sticks" after cessation is probably a microbiome issue

You just have to experiment with a handful of things and eventually you will try something that will lower the bacteria causing this and up the bacteria that neutralize this

These all help me get out of trouble:
Tulsi
Perscript Assist
Jarrow bifido
AC
lumbrokinase

try for a week or so and see what starts moving you in the right direction

OP
S

serling78

Quick update.

I've found two things that have surprisingly almost totally fixed my constipation problems in a short time. One is meta mucil, which I take with meals. I've read some are against it, but I gave it a try and it has really helped.

The other thing I found was vitamin C. Usually 2000 IUs per day. I added this in about a week ago and it has been a nice addition so far.

Dino D

magnesium malate up to 1g a day...
it works for everyone, i posted this for others here also and it helped when nothing else did...
i also said about vit c...

The other thing I found was vitamin C. Usually 2000 IUs per day. I added this in about a week ago and it has been a nice addition so far.

How many mg of vit C?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals