Post Hysterectomy HRT????

BrianF

Close relative, mid-40s recently underwent a hysterectomy due to ovarian cancer stage 1. Naturally this is a sensitive subject and one I don't really want to get involved in but I'm concerned about the possibility of an estrogen type HRT being recommended by the 'experts' that are treating her. Anyone know what the standard HRT would involve in these events and are there any ladies out there with any advice from experience or just from a female perspective. I suppose what I'm saying is if that is the case, then I'm going to have to have a conversation with her (and I really, really don't want to) but I feel that I'd be letting her down if I didnt.

LucyL

First off I would recommend progesterone. By itself. WebMD says this:
Hormone therapy after surgery -- either with estrogen and progestin or with estrogen alone -- is a way to counteract the supply of estrogen you've lost. Women who have both the uterus and ovaries removed usually just get estrogen replacement therapy (ERT) alone. But women who have only the ovaries removed need both estrogen and progestin. That's because estrogen alone can increase the risk of cancer in the uterus. Adding progestin removes this risk.

ALL bad. Progestin should be considered just as bad a estrogen. She need Progesterone - the real, natural substance. I did a quick web search, and I can't tell if there is a standard for offering HRT following ovarian cancer, it may depend on what type of cancer she had, but there are certainly a lot of sites saying it is just fine (at least following some Ovarian cancers). My guess is she will be offered HRT, and it will be estrogen + progestin.

Gustav3Y

I wonder was she on any anti-estradiol drugs when they detected the cancer?
I guess this would be very hard to answer.

BrianF

I wonder was she on any anti-estradiol drugs when they detected the cancer?
I guess this would be very hard to answer.
She never mentioned that she was. The tumour oyr was the size of a grapefruit and she went to the Doctor complaining of tiredness and backpain.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Progest-E Oil Dosage Post Hysterectomy/endometriosis Female Issues 5
Max. Why delete a thread, why dont edit a bad post? Ask For Help or Advice 2
ecstatichamster DHT experiment - post your observations and results for your rat Experiments 63
Cooper Can sense of smell return 100% back after 3 months post- covid19? Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 20
D Need help regarding post-viral issues Ask For Help or Advice 2
shine Dr. Bradley Campbell: CENSORED for showing Pre/Post COVID Vaccine Blood Work Vaccines 7
S-VV Post Abduction Syndrome Mind, Sleep, Stress 1
OccamzRazer Why does everyone have post-nasal drip & bad breath all of a sudden? Symptoms, Causes 32
RyanHeeney I wrote a new post on the daily raw carrot... Diet 7
E Post insomnia stack Ask For Help or Advice 2
charlie Covid "Vaccine" Adverse Reaction Reports (Post Here) Vaccines 1758
D How Do I Change Title Of Post Now That It's Too Late To Edit Ray Peat Forum Announcements 0
LA Post PUSH BACK The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 11
RyanHeeney New Post: A Guide to Nutrition Discussing Dietary Models 1
cupofcoffee Post-diagnostic coffee and tea consumption and breast cancer survival Coffee 0
youngsinatra Post Your Experience With Topical Vitamin A Here Metabolism 31
P Dealing with waiting/excitement (First World Problem Post) Mental Issues 6
bzmazu March 8, 2021 Print This Post Print This Post California Senator Dr. Richard Pan Anointed by Big Pharma Media to Start “Domestic Terrorist” Campaign Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 7
Sam321 Post Xray protocol for damage reduction Ask For Help or Advice 4
H Nebulizing Baking Soda for Post Covid Lung Issues CO2, Bag Breathing 12
ecstatichamster Post Covid “vaccine” deaths here Ray Peat Topics 879
outtherebrother Post accutane small bone structure Male Issues 3
rothko Lost Smell post-Covid Ask For Help or Advice 35
S Post Workout Lactic Acid Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 16
S Infection In Gum Post Extraction Ask For Help or Advice 4
S Tips For Healing Post Extraction Ask For Help or Advice 18
M Post Caffeine Symptoms Symptoms, Causes 13
johnwester130 A Major Revelation On How To Improve MYOPIA, Updated Post Health 3
E Bad Symptoms After Orgasm-Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome Male Issues 18
fever257 Please Help: Endotoxin Overload & Post-parasite Gut Disaster Digestion, Gut Flora 24
Hugh Johnson Lockdown - Pregnant Australian Woman Arrested In Front Of Her Kids For A Facebook Post Breaking News 8
ecstatichamster Please Post Your Experiences With A Low Altitude Tent Or Mask Altitude, Weather 9
R Considering TRT As Last-Resort For Post-SSRI Sexual Dysfunction (PSSD) Ask For Help or Advice 27
Soren Jordan Peterson Post-Recovery Interview Pharmaceutical Drugs 157
ecstatichamster Post Your Vitamin A Success Stories Here Please Vitamins 42
F UK PM Advisor Edits Blog Post Suggesting Coronaviruses Of Lab Release Origin Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 0
T Post Finasteride Syndrome And Low Insuline Male Issues 0
J Post Dutasteride Syndrome Blood Work, Labs 1
J Post Cholecystectomy Diarrhea And Reflux Digestion 0
Hgreen56 Hello,my First Post With Some Experiences And Questions Diet 7
ecstatichamster Post Here If You Tried Losartan For Flu Covid-19 Etc Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 96
ecstatichamster Post Here If You Are Experiencing Flu-like Symptoms Symptoms, Causes 250
S Post MACA Digestive Issues And L-glutamine Supplements 8
J Finally Cured From Post Finasteride Syndrome Male Issues 2119
rhythmvortex Transition From Carnivore To RP Principles, High Fasting And Post Meal BGL Blood Sugar 8
ecstatichamster Post Your Ketotifen Success Story Here Please Pharmaceutical Drugs 22
E Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome Male Issues 71
E Hyperthyroid, Post-orgasmic Disorder And Slow Methylator Ask For Help or Advice 2
fever257 Post Finasteride - Seeking Advice Ask For Help or Advice 8
I Another Getting Fat Post Ask For Help or Advice 21