Post Here If You Tried Losartan For Flu Covid-19 Etc

meatbag

I have 2 boxes I bought to experiment with mitochondrial biogenesis.
Improving mitochondrial function may treat PTSD

I still doubt use of losartan for covid19, they say it can worsen outcomes.
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30153-3/fulltext
Where in the article you linked does it suggest losartan would worsen outcomes?
"In 2005, Kuba and colleagues found that mice treated with losartan after acid aspiration-induced acute lung injury (with addition of SARS-CoV spike protein) had significantly diminished lung injury and pulmonary oedema compared with mice treated with placebo.
Furthermore, recombinant human ACE2 infusions or losartan both prevented severe lung injury and pulmonary oedema in ACE2-knockout mice.
Administration of recombinant human ACE2 improved lung injury in patients with SARS-CoV infection and in acid aspiration and sepsis-induced models of ARDS"

"Treatment of mice after infection with H5N1 influenza with losartan versus placebo was associated with reduced pulmonary oedema, pulmonary neutrophil infiltration, and significantly improved survival"

lampofred

Are you doing ok or is this just hypothetical? If angiotensin/renin/aldosterone system is involved in this, maybe upping salt in addition to vit D will help until you can get your hands on Losartan. But I would recommend emailing Dr. Peat first if you do choose to try something he hasn't directly recommended yet for covid19, like upping salt, even though it should help in theory due to it quieting the renin/aldosterone/angiotensin system.

Maybe avoiding milk (especially lower fat varieties) may also help for a bit since it increases aldosterone but that is definitely something to confirm with Dr. Peat first.

Where in the article you linked does it suggest losartan would worsen outcomes?
"In 2005, Kuba and colleagues found that mice treated with losartan after acid aspiration-induced acute lung injury (with addition of SARS-CoV spike protein) had significantly diminished lung injury and pulmonary oedema compared with mice treated with placebo.
Furthermore, recombinant human ACE2 infusions or losartan both prevented severe lung injury and pulmonary oedema in ACE2-knockout mice.
Administration of recombinant human ACE2 improved lung injury in patients with SARS-CoV infection and in acid aspiration and sepsis-induced models of ARDS"

"Treatment of mice after infection with H5N1 influenza with losartan versus placebo was associated with reduced pulmonary oedema, pulmonary neutrophil infiltration, and significantly improved survival"

They clearly say "We argue that clinical equipoise exists and, before the medical community makes recommendations for patients to withhold potentially life-saving drugs, there is a critical and urgent need for multicentre trials to test this hypothesis in patients with COVID-19."

Wanna be a guinea pig ? Losartan is cheap on ADC
Cosart 50mg

OP
ecstatichamster
They clearly say "We argue that clinical equipoise exists and, before the medical community makes recommendations for patients to withhold potentially life-saving drugs, there is a critical and urgent need for multicentre trials to test this hypothesis in patients with COVID-19."

Cosart 50mg

they are not shipping right now. Until 14 April earliest

OP
ecstatichamster
I’m going to try Losartan. I’m coughing a lot and my lungs hurt and I don’t want pulmonary fibrosis.

Sorry can't send it to you.

Attachments

• IMG_20200330_193419619.jpg
    IMG_20200330_193419619.jpg
    273.9 KB · Views: 54

meatbag

Cosart 50mg

You claimed the article makes the argument that 'losatran' can " worsen outcomes"

"there is a critical and urgent need for multicentre trials to test this hypothesis in patients with COVID-19."
I'm just confused because that statement doesn't suggest losartan can worsen outcomes? They're just calling for more testing of the hypothesis in humans but the animal evidence indicates its effective.

It appears china is already using it so hopefully we'll get a lot of clinical data

You claimed the article makes the argument that 'losatran' can " worsen outcomes"

"there is a critical and urgent need for multicentre trials to test this hypothesis in patients with COVID-19."
I'm just confused because that statement doesn't suggest losartan can worsen outcomes? They're just calling for more testing of the hypothesis in humans but the animal evidence indicates its effective.

It appears china is already using it so hopefully we'll get a lot of clinical data

Authors in the article mention some opinions of other doctors/scientists that losartan can worsen outcomes. They argue and in conclusion they say that equipoise of opinions exist and the hypothesis should be tested.

Last edited:

meatbag

Authors in the article mention some opinions of other doctors/scientist that losartan can we outcomes. They argue and in conclusion they say that equipoise of opinions exist and the hypothesis should be tested.
very well, I'm just not sure how they reached that conclusion from any of the references of what was discussed in the article (not trying to argue, I just don't understand the anti losartan arguments)

OP
ecstatichamster
I got a physician buddy to prescribe. I showed blood pressure was high by sending a photo of the sphygmomanometer

mine is 145 over 85 or 90

I am taking 50mg now.

J

jb116

It seems to be a weak stance. They say it themselves "If this hypothesis were to be confirmed, it could lead to a conflict regarding treatment because ACE2 reduces inflammation and has been suggested as a potential new therapy for inflammatory lung diseases, cancer, diabetes, and hypertension." We are really back to square one here, in that there's no definitive conclusion from the study but that the study is loosely based on the assumption that Peat mentioned the mainstream would struggle with. That's what we're seeing here.

meatbag

Losatran blocks the effects of ACE1 at its 'receptor'. ACE1 produces angiotensin, ACE2 inactivates the effects of ACE1 by breaking down angiotensin. The virus binds to the ACE2 and enters the cell through the Angiotensin 1 receptor.When the virus binds to the enzyme, it blocks ACE2's ability to deactivate angiotensin so ACE1 runs rampant producing angiotensin, and that matches with the effects we see in hospitalized patients.

gr1.jpg

Can you explain the mechanics in the article you posted?

Ashoka

Sorry if you already heard, but in this interview posted recently, he mentioned one case. Someone consulted Peat for a friend in Italy who was dealing presumably with covid and was very ill. They took losartan and it appeared to help them feel considerably better.