Post Here If You Tried Losartan For Flu Covid-19 Etc

papaya

as sick as I was, taking 3g of thiamine a day made no difference quickly enough. I think the losartan and acetazolamide (125mg up to 3 times a day) made a huge difference immediately.

People don't realize how sick one can get. It's so easy for people to make suggestions like vitamin C (I was taking 20g to 50g daily) and methylene blue (I was taking 20mg or more per day, perhaps not enough)...but these are not enough when you are as sick as I was.

I had to take cyproheptadine (I was taking 16mg per day) , and 50mg X 2 of losartan, and acetazolamide 125mg X 3, for a few days, to make it over the hump.
wow, so glad you recovered! what exactly does the mb & thiamine do to help covid? is there something non prescription that can mimic what the losartan does?

OP
ecstatichamster
wow, so glad you recovered! what exactly does the mb & thiamine do to help covid? is there something non prescription that can mimic what the losartan does?

Methylene blue assists in the electron transport chain so helps cellular respiration and is supposedly antiviral and lowers nitric oxide.

Thiamine in high doses increases CO2 by virtue of being a carbonic anhydrase inhibitor. Increasing CO2 is critical to respiration.

OP
ecstatichamster
How are you doing? Hope the infection has passed?

I’m great, thank you. Totally feel better. I think my recovery has been incredible. I’m so grateful for having a strong body. I think all the things I practiced in the last 5 years have helped me be strong, get over the virus rapidly, and respond to the antibiotic very well. I’m so glad. Thanks again for asking.

meatbag

Meatbag, it seems that the drug candesartan binds to the AT1 receptor as well or better than does losartan. I have a supply of candesartan on hand for mild high BP that I stopped taking early this year. Thoughts on whether it could work parallel to losartan?
yeah, i'm not sure why Peat prefers Losartan? They seem very similar

managing

yeah, i'm not sure why Peat prefers Losartan? They seem very similar
I think somebody like RP just mentions the original and assumes that people know that the analogs would be principally the same. Not obvious to the rest of us though.

meatbag

Yeah, those ARBs have been around for over 20 years. I think its been discussed that it takes at least that long to really know the effects the drug will have on people

managing

Emerging concerns that common antihypertensive treatment approaches with angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) and angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs) – jointly known as renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) inhibitors – may exert a negative effect in COVID-19 patients are not grounded in scientific evidence, as reported by researchers in a recent review article published in Mayo Clinic Proceedings journal.

Hypertensive patients on ACE inhibitors and angiotensin receptor blockers may have improved COVID-19 prognosis

Devan

I think for the most of us without an "in" progesterone and cypro or benadryl are our best bets.
I would love to know what the cypro, benedryl and progesterone combo is doing for you!? I take progesterone because sometimes it gives me the sleep quality I need. Same with the benedryl. But sometimes it’s not consistent and I worry about side effects. I hate that I’ve always struggled to sleep well. And now I have bladder issues that keep me up peeing all night but the benedryl sort of helps with that.

P

Peatness

Meatbag, it seems that the drug candesartan binds to the AT1 receptor as well or better than does losartan. I have a supply of candesartan on hand for mild high BP that I stopped taking early this year. Thoughts on whether it could work parallel to losartan?
May I ask how you are getting on with Candesartan. Also why you stopped taking it for bp? Thanks

brocktoon

May I ask how you are getting on with Candesartan. Also why you stopped taking it for bp? Thanks
I stopped taking candesartan because when I stopped smoking my BP normalized. I had considered taking it as a Covid defense, but never did so.

P

Peatness

I stopped taking candesartan because when I stopped smoking my BP normalized. I had considered taking it as a Covid defense, but never did so.
Thanks for feedback. I gave up smoking too a year and half ago my bp didn't come down.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals