Post Here If You Tried Losartan For Flu Covid-19 Etc

yoshiesque

Hmm, does anybody have Peat's reason on these interactions? The things I find seem to be mainstream ideas (mostly implicating myths of aspirin) of which Peat would reject any way. Also, I've only found positive studies on combinations of Losartan and aspirin. I'd love to know because it seems contradictory and he doesn't answer my (few a year) emails any more so I can't ask.

what were the last few emails you sent? what did you say exactly? thats a bit odd for him to not respond to multiple. might have overlooked or went to spam

yoshiesque

My toes were blue my first dose of losartan. It was scary and I worried about gangrene. The second dose was better and now it’s fine and I’m taking 50mg twice a day. It makes me feel dramatically better.
do you definitely think you got covid? how old are you if you dont mind me asking? how do you think you caught covid?

One interesting thing for me is how losartan is used in connective tissue disorders like marfans syndrome, because it lowers tgf beta which can cause heart fibrosis.

And Ritchie shoemaker noted that tgf beta is very high in mold patients

Since I'm a mold illness patient with major connective tissue issues , I am considering losartan as maybe one of the best blood pressure meds to try.

OP
ecstatichamster
I have read of some pretty awful side effects on Losartan @ecstatichamster ...depression, anxiety, back pain

Getting any of those?

I am not. I think I’m recovering very well and won’t take it for long. I have a sore throat that I didn’t have earlier and I am hoping it’s a side effect of the losartan and will get better when I stop taking losartan.

J

jb116

Is it blood pressure related as both, in combination, may cause a sudden drop?

That's a reasonable assessment.

what were the last few emails you sent? what did you say exactly? thats a bit odd for him to not respond to multiple. might have overlooked or went to spam
Several months ago I asked about meldonium and the interesting aspect of carnitine (as a roadblock to anti-aging or simply something that is highly active in most people because of diet). No response, then 2 weeks ago I was wondering clarification about nucleic acids he mentioned on the P&S interview.

in fact telemedicine is totally acceptable today. And that is how I would do it.

Thanks, @ecstatichamster. Good point.

What I meant to ask is how to persuade the doctor to write the rx. I'd guess that if you asked for losartan for the corona virus, the doctor would resist. You could say you wanted it for BP, but then how would you convince the doctor to prescribe losartan rather than some other BP med?

Any suggestions -- especially from those who got their docs to sign off -- will be appreciated. I'll bet others are interested, too.

. You could say you wanted it for BP, but then how would you convince the doctor to prescribe losartan rather than some other BP med?
Ace inhibitors /ARB blockers and calcium channel blockers are the top two classes of meds for hypertension so it shouldn't be too hard ...

RealNeat

Ace inhibitors /ARB blockers and calcium channel blockers are the top two classes of meds for hypertension so it shouldn't be too hard ...

mmm it is hard. itll depend on the doc i guess. but they need more proof than you think.

RealNeat

Thanks, @ecstatichamster. Good point.

What I meant to ask is how to persuade the doctor to write the rx. I'd guess that if you asked for losartan for the corona virus, the doctor would resist. You could say you wanted it for BP, but then how would you convince the doctor to prescribe losartan rather than some other BP med?

Any suggestions -- especially from those who got their docs to sign off -- will be appreciated. I'll bet others are interested, too.

I think for the most of us without an "in" progesterone and cypro or benadryl are our best bets.

Great, thank you.

mmm it is hard. itll depend on the doc i guess. but they need more proof than you think.
I mean... I always have elevated bp in the doctors office so they think I'm hypertensive anyway so they want me on meds and beta blockers make me feel like ***t so it's not a hard sell for my docs...

I think for the most of us without an "in" progesterone and cypro or benadryl are our best bets.

Yes, thanks. In a recent interview with John Barkhausen, RP mentions a few ways other than losartan to block the angiotensin 1 receptor: progesterone, vitamin D, and aspirin.

RealNeat

I mean... I always have elevated bp in the doctors office so they think I'm hypertensive anyway so they want me on meds and beta blockers make me feel like ***t so it's not a hard sell for my docs...
yeah but most of s want it online, who wants to go to a hospital right now? not me...

yeah but most of s want it online, who wants to go to a hospital right now? not me...
Telemedicine laws have been changed in the US to allow doctors to prescribe controlled substances after telemedicine appointments. Whether many doctors will take advantage of this, I dont know

OP
ecstatichamster
If you want losartan, you could do a telemedicine consultation and just say you’ve taken Losartan in the past and it’s worked well and ask for a prescription for that.

RealNeat

If you want losartan, you could do a telemedicine consultation and just say you’ve taken Losartan in the past and it’s worked well and ask for a prescription for that.
They ask for proof.

brocktoon

Losatran blocks the effects of ACE1 at its 'receptor'. ACE1 produces angiotensin, ACE2 inactivates the effects of ACE1 by breaking down angiotensin. The virus binds to the ACE2 and enters the cell through the Angiotensin 1 receptor.When the virus binds to the enzyme, it blocks ACE2's ability to deactivate angiotensin so ACE1 runs rampant producing angiotensin, and that matches with the effects we see...
Meatbag, it seems that the drug candesartan binds to the AT1 receptor as well or better than does losartan. I have a supply of candesartan on hand for mild high BP that I stopped taking early this year. Thoughts on whether it could work parallel to losartan?

alywest

Meatbag, it seems that the drug candesartan binds to the AT1 receptor as well or better than does losartan. I have a supply of candesartan on hand for mild high BP that I stopped taking early this year. Thoughts on whether it could work parallel to losartan?
I had been wondering the same about olmesartan and when I read the ray peat interview he seemed to be saying as long as it had the mechanism of ARB it would work in this situation. Losartan happens to be the most well known and widely prescribed

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals