Post Here If You Are Experiencing Flu-like Symptoms

ken

I went to a Guru's talk about healing once, at the end he said "the wonderful thing is, if it doesn't work you can go to the ER."

OP
ecstatichamster
Besides a chest xray, what metrics are being used to consider yourself "in the clear" health wise?

I can't imagine you doing another chest xray.

no, lol, I won't. No fever, feeling good, being able to walk long distances fast without getting winded, good food appetite, good libido. I'm not 100% there but I'm getting there. I think the fluid has to leave the lungs and this can take several days both expectorating and through internal mucus resorption, either way it does take some time.

tara

I do feel better.
Glad to hear you're feeling better - may that continue till you are fully well.
I'd consider after such serious illness allowing yourself a good convalescence.

RealNeat

Do you have a cite?
Silver isnt healthy?

From former forum member @Travis

"Silver ions are unarguably the most selective antibacterial agent known, at least certainly among the metal ions. Following behind silver appears to be mercury, but since this is also toxic for vertebrates it lacks specificity. The review articles on 'The Mechanism of Silver Action' commonly invoke a thiol mechanism, but if silver primarily worked in this way it would of course be less effective than Hg²⁺—not more as most always observed. This is because the mercury (II) ion binds thiol groups with much higher affinity than silver.

Although more similar to Hg²⁺ in such things like IC₅₀ values and the reduction of bacterial cell counts, it appears to be closest to Cu²⁺ in its mechanism of action. Silver has one unique proclivity inside of a cell, and that is that it very strongly binds DNA. This had been known since the '60s, and many routine laboratory procedures for purifying nucleic acids involved using silver for the precipitation DNA. Although all small cations will bind DNA to some extent, as measured through most techniques, ever single one tested besides Ag⁺ and Cu²⁺ appear to bind to the phosphate backbone—and copper a bit less so: Silver is the only metal ion which can interpose itself between paired helical strands and bind them together, preventing dehybridization, subsequent replication, and bacterial proliferation. This has been shown using melting points, with nothing preventing DNA from unfurling to the same extent (if at all). And binding data reveal that silver binds selectively to cytosine–guanidine pairs, leaving adenosine–thymine pretty much alone until the others have been saturated.

The specificity can now be explained simply by noting that mammals have high 5-methylcytosine concentrations at CpG islands, long stretches of cytosine–guanidine pairs. This methylated cytosine binds Ag²⁺ a bit less than cytosine, and the majority of microbial silver resistance could very well depend on bacterial 5-methylcytosine synthesis (which some actually do make, albeit much less consistently than vertebrates).

Thurman, R. "The molecular mechanisms of copper and silver ion disinfection of bacteria and viruses." Critical reviews in environmental science and technology (1989)
Ihara, T. "Silver ion unusually stabilizes the structure of a parallel-motif DNA triplex." Journal of the American Chemical Society (2009)
Ono, A. "Specific interactions between silver (I) ions and cytosine–cytosine pairs in DNA duplexes." Chemical communications (2008)"

the thread on silver has good info from him and others. Colloidal Silver

From former forum member @Travis

"Silver ions are unarguably the most selective antibacterial agent known, at least certainly among the metal ions. Following behind silver appears to be mercury, but since this is also toxic for vertebrates it lacks specificity. The review articles on 'The Mechanism of Silver Action' commonly invoke a thiol mechanism, but if silver primarily worked in this way it would of course be less effective than Hg²⁺—not more as most always observed. This is because the mercury (II) ion binds thiol groups with much higher affinity than silver.

Although more similar to Hg²⁺ in such things like IC₅₀ values and the reduction of bacterial cell counts, it appears to be closest to Cu²⁺ in its mechanism of action. Silver has one unique proclivity inside of a cell, and that is that it very strongly binds DNA. This had been known since the '60s, and many routine laboratory procedures for purifying nucleic acids involved using silver for the precipitation DNA. Although all small cations will bind DNA to some extent, as measured through most techniques, ever single one tested besides Ag⁺ and Cu²⁺ appear to bind to the phosphate backbone—and copper a bit less so: Silver is the only metal ion which can interpose itself between paired helical strands and bind them together, preventing dehybridization, subsequent replication, and bacterial proliferation. This has been shown using melting points, with nothing preventing DNA from unfurling to the same extent (if at all). And binding data reveal that silver binds selectively to cytosine–guanidine pairs, leaving adenosine–thymine pretty much alone until the others have been saturated.

The specificity can now be explained simply by noting that mammals have high 5-methylcytosine concentrations at CpG islands, long stretches of cytosine–guanidine pairs. This methylated cytosine binds Ag²⁺ a bit less than cytosine, and the majority of microbial silver resistance could very well depend on bacterial 5-methylcytosine synthesis (which some actually do make, albeit much less consistently than vertebrates).

Thurman, R. "The molecular mechanisms of copper and silver ion disinfection of bacteria and viruses." Critical reviews in environmental science and technology (1989)
Ihara, T. "Silver ion unusually stabilizes the structure of a parallel-motif DNA triplex." Journal of the American Chemical Society (2009)
Ono, A. "Specific interactions between silver (I) ions and cytosine–cytosine pairs in DNA duplexes." Chemical communications (2008)"

the thread on silver has good info from him and others. Colloidal Silver

I read a lot about Elements in Health and Disease,
and all chemical elements that are not physiological are quite or severely toxic.
I believe that member Travis was informing in general terms about it.
I can think of useful appliance in the desinfection of household items,
but i wouldnt want to consume it.

RealNeat

I read a lot about Elements in Health and Disease,
and all chemical elements that are not physiological are quite or severely toxic.
I believe that member Travis was informing in general terms about it.
I can think of useful appliance in the desinfection of household items,
but i wouldnt want to consume it.
What's the evidence for that claim? The form of the metal matters, either ionic or colloidal and the quantity. Like a 10ppm hydrosol is extremely low dose and has a homeopathic like effect in the body, we aren't talking about a 500ppm tincture taken multiple times a day forever. This is very short term use, the silver should be cleared by the body just fine.

What's the evidence for that claim? The form of the metal matters, either ionic or colloidal and the quantity. Like a 10ppm hydrosol is extremely low dose and has a homeopathic like effect in the body, we aren't talking about a 500ppm tincture taken multiple times a day forever. This is very short term use, the silver should be cleared by the body just fine.

Toxicologic Research,toxicologist is even a pursuitable speciality in medicine.A lot of toxic effecting stems from the fact that unphysiologic metals arent easily excreted,instead spared and changed even for the real ligand,lead-iron interaction is one of the examples.

RealNeat

Toxicologic Research,toxicologist is even a pursuitable speciality in medicine.A lot of toxic effecting stems from the fact that unphysiologic metals arent easily excreted,instead spared and changed even for the real ligand,lead-iron interaction is one of the examples.
Yes but it can be chelated just fine following an acute dose. I've used it many times, especially on open wounds like when I cut my finger to the bone. Once again I'd like to see a specific report of toxicity from one time use over long periods of time not needing it. The body gets exposed to many toxic things and as long as it's not chronic, can usually deal with it just fine, and like I said the dose matters, immensely.

Yes but it can be chelated just fine following an acute dose. I've used it many times, especially on open wounds like when I cut my finger to the bone. Once again I'd like to see a specific report of toxicity from one time use over long periods of time not needing it. The body gets exposed to many toxic things and as long as it's not chronic, can usually deal with it just fine, and like I said the dose matters, immensely.

I would rec strongly against ingestion of any unphysiologic elements,Silver deposits easily into the brain,chelation doesnt work well.Acute overdosing and long term dosing as examples for our situation here do not matter,it is a matter of foresight and plausability to secure against small scale permanent damage,which isnt easily noticeable.

Moshi

Hi,

I received the Covid-19 diagnosis yesterday, based on symptoms, but with two negative nose swabs.

This is my story:
Got sick on 2 March in Spain. Initial onset was extreme fatigue, high fever (that lasted less than 12h) and body aches. The dry cough and shortness of breath came on day two, with a lack of appetite.
Got increasingly worse, day 8-12 I was really, really sick, but tested negative with a nose swab on day 11 (I rinse my nose with saline almost daily). After two weeks I got better. I thought I was over it, whatever it was, and another three weeks went by when I was almost back at baseline, although I felt more winded than usual....
Then, I began to get sick again, first with mainly neuro symptoms; malaise, weakness, extreme headaches, dizzyness and shivers. After a consult I was put on a course of penicillin b/c of tick bites I had 10 days earlier. I started the course but deteriorated fast, the breathing /chest problems, dry cough and ”inflammed” airways came back, along with the nause, lack of appetite and extreme malaise.
Now I’ve been bedbound for 17 days straight. When I try to stand up I start panting, and feel like collapsing. The dry cough comes and goes in spells thru the day. Theres a feeling of weight on my chest. No appetite. Strong bouts of nausea and headache. Pressure and ringing in ears. Stubborn eye infection that wont clear up. Feeling of ice in the body, mostly feet, legs, hands. Burning and stabbing in chest. Sometimes icy feeling in the chest/heart.
For the past weeks my temp has been slighty elevated but no real fever. During the past two days my temp has dropped to really cold (35,5-36,6 c) and my resting pulse is up (80’s and 90’s).
Yesterday I had a quick medical exam where they told me saturation was fine, and lungs were ok (after just listening with a stetoscope) I was told to go home and ”wait it out”. Every morning when I wake up I feel worse. This is the worst thing I have experienced in my life.
And since my vitals are considered to be OK, I’m not going to be admitted, and even if I was, from what I understand, they don’t really TREAT covid here in Sweden, they administer oxygen and monitor patients mainly....
I’m in a lonely, desperate, scary place. And I know I’m immunocompromised to begin with.
Any advice on how I can maintain a basic treatment strategy for myself is greatly appreciated....
Thanks y’all /Moshi

Hi,

I received the Covid-19 diagnosis yesterday, based on symptoms, but with two negative nose swabs.

This is my story:
Got sick on 2 March in Spain. Initial onset was extreme fatigue, high fever (that lasted less than 12h) and body aches. The dry cough and shortness of breath came on day two, with a lack of appetite.
Got increasingly worse, day 8-12 I was really, really sick, but tested negative with a nose swab on day 11 (I rinse my nose with saline almost daily). After two weeks I got better. I thought I was over it, whatever it was, and another three weeks went by when I was almost back at baseline, although I felt more winded than usual....
Then, I began to get sick again, first with mainly neuro symptoms; malaise, weakness, extreme headaches, dizzyness and shivers. After a consult I was put on a course of penicillin b/c of tick bites I had 10 days earlier. I started the course but deteriorated fast, the breathing /chest problems, dry cough and ”inflammed” airways came back, along with the nause, lack of appetite and extreme malaise.
Now I’ve been bedbound for 17 days straight. When I try to stand up I start panting, and feel like collapsing. The dry cough comes and goes in spells thru the day. Theres a feeling of weight on my chest. No appetite. Strong bouts of nausea and headache. Pressure and ringing in ears. Stubborn eye infection that wont clear up. Feeling of ice in the body, mostly feet, legs, hands. Burning and stabbing in chest. Sometimes icy feeling in the chest/heart.
For the past weeks my temp has been slighty elevated but no real fever. During the past two days my temp has dropped to really cold (35,5-36,6 c) and my resting pulse is up (80’s and 90’s).
Yesterday I had a quick medical exam where they told me saturation was fine, and lungs were ok (after just listening with a stetoscope) I was told to go home and ”wait it out”. Every morning when I wake up I feel worse. This is the worst thing I have experienced in my life.
And since my vitals are considered to be OK, I’m not going to be admitted, and even if I was, from what I understand, they don’t really TREAT covid here in Sweden, they administer oxygen and monitor patients mainly....
I’m in a lonely, desperate, scary place. And I know I’m immunocompromised to begin with.
Any advice on how I can maintain a basic treatment strategy for myself is greatly appreciated....
Thanks y’all /Moshi

if you can send me a supplement vendor link here or as pm,and an estimated budget, i could critique them for you,and comment on what to buy in a concrete way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals