Post Finasteride

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Hi TubZy,

From the very limited amount of research I've done (random google searches on selenium sulfide shampoo in relation to hair loss/growth) it seems there are more reports of it causing further hair loss than it reversing or slowing hair loss?

Keep in mind again, this is from some very limited amount of looking online for anecdotal reports. I WANT to believe however.

So you recommend using Selsun Blue daily, 10min x2 cycles?

This has halted your shedding immediately? Does hair appear thicker now that it's been months you've been using it?

Thanks.

Hi Jonny Craig (Ubiyca),

I use it EOD, and have not noticed increased in hair shedding. A know a few people (including the person who trialed it originally) who has been using it every day for almost a year now with the same result. The only issue I have with the shampoo is the other allergenic ingredients it contains which are harsh which I don't like honestly. I found that liquid sodium selenite has the pretty much the same hair benefits as selsun blue but without the allergenic harsh extra chemicals. I try to use the liquid topical as often as I can, but it's a pain sometimes to apply so I just use the selesun shampoo.

The itch and hair quality should look better after the first wash, but you should really know if it's working after a month of use. If you don't notice any benefit from it all (itch, shedding, scalp health etc.) I would just drop it. It just makes me scalp "normal" again if that makes sense so anything I add as a growth stim has much greater of an effect now almost reminds me of when I was on fin and didn't think about my hair/scalp at all cause the mpb itch was gone and hair looked good.

Another option is miconazole nitrate shampoo (similar to keto shampoo) which was shown to stimulate PGE1 and PGE2 (similar to castor oil). Issue is I couldn't find any human shampoos only animal shampoos which could still be fine lol..

The guy on PHG who is using it is using his dog's shampoo but claims his hair improved a lot on it.

I tried the mico nitrate cream a while back but quit because my eyes would hurt, but that was the cream and had to apply a lot so not sure..I think the concentration used was 2%.

Not sure why all these anti fungal shampoo really have hair growth properties.

If you want a quick, cheap regimen just add the following to your shampoo or make a water/ethanol topical:
  • caffeine pills (or espresso instant coffee)
  • taurine
  • niacinamide
  • aspirin
  • creatine
  • dhea
Use coconut oil or castor oil as moisturizer a few times a week.

Last edited:

Progesterone

Hi Jonny Craig (Ubiyca),

I use it EOD, and have not noticed increased in hair shedding. A know a few people (including the person who trialed it originally) who has been using it every day for almost a year now with the same result. The only issue I have with the shampoo is the other allergenic ingredients it contains which are harsh which I don't like honestly. I found that liquid sodium selenite has the pretty much the same hair benefits as selsun blue but without the allergenic harsh extra chemicals. I try to use the liquid topical as often as I can, but it's a pain sometimes to apply so I just use the selesun shampoo.

The itch and hair quality should look better after the first wash, but you should really know if it's working after a month of use. If you don't notice any benefit from it all (itch, shedding, scalp health etc.) I would just drop it. It just makes me scalp "normal" again if that makes sense so anything I add as a growth stim has much greater of an effect now almost reminds me of when I was on fin and didn't think about my hair/scalp at all cause the mpb itch was gone and hair looked good.

Another option is miconazole nitrate shampoo (similar to keto shampoo) which was shown to stimulate PGE1 and PGE2 (similar to castor oil). Issue is I couldn't find any human shampoos only animal shampoos which could still be fine lol..

The guy on PHG who is using it is using his dog's shampoo but claims his hair improved a lot on it.

I tried the mico nitrate cream a while back but quit because my eyes would hurt, but that was the cream and had to apply a lot so not sure..I think the concentration used was 2%.

If you want a quick, cheap regimen just add the following to your shampoo:

caffeine pills (or espresso instant coffee)
taurine
niacinamide

Thank you sir (TubZy),

I am going to add Selsun Blue EOD and see how it goes...

I am currently using progesterone (NOW BRAND) although I also have BIOVEA, and it has virtually eliminated all of my facial acne and made facial skin look more youthful. As a side note, I've struggled with acne for YEARS so this is quite something. For the last 2 weeks or so shedding is almost zero, I'm not exactly sure why. I started progesterone 5 months ago or so.

My progesterone dosages were all over the place, I've trialed 100mg/day, to 80mg, 60mg, 40mg, 20mg.. currently on 20mg, once a day (at night).

I do notice erections are a TINY BIT less potent, as the only side effect. I shouldn't even say less potent, because flat out they aren't really, it's more so, getting a super hard erection takes a little more work generally speaking. No loss of sensitivity or numbness or anything like that.

I am starting Taurine @ 10g approx orally and I'll probably also do 1g of taurine topically in water as well nightly.

Are you using oral Taurine btw, and if not, why?

Also very important... what is the idea behind using TOPICAL CREATINE?

P.S nice to see you again sir, you have been missed.

Last edited:

Wagner83

10grams of taurine? That sounds like a lot. Are you sure the brands you use for progesterone are quality? Especially biovea.

Progesterone

10grams of taurine? That sounds like a lot. Are you sure the brands you use for progesterone are quality? Especially biovea.

BIOVEA is probably better quality and more pure than the NOW brand progesterone, as the NOW brand has a lot of other stuff in it as well.

I've looked at EACH and every single ingredient in the BIOVEA one and they are all fine. Whether it is up to everyone's standards in the amount of vitamin E used is another story but, in terms of each ingredient, it is definitely quality and very well priced for what you get. No parabens, nothing bad like that...

Yes, 10g Taurine sounds like a lot... we'll see how it goes I guess.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Thank you sir (TubZy),

I am going to add Selsun Blue EOD and see how it goes...

I am currently using progesterone (NOW BRAND) although I also have BIOVEA, and it has virtually eliminated all of my facial acne and made facial skin look more youthful. As a side note, I've struggled with acne for YEARS so this is quite something. For the last 2 weeks or so shedding is almost zero, I'm not exactly sure why. I started progesterone 5 months ago or so.

My progesterone dosages were all over the place, I've trialed 100mg/day, to 80mg, 60mg, 40mg, 20mg.. currently on 20mg, once a day (at night).

I do notice erections are a TINY BIT less potent, as the only side effect. I shouldn't even say less potent, because flat out they aren't really, it's more so, getting a super hard erection takes a little more work generally speaking. No loss of sensitivity or numbness or anything like that.

I am starting Taurine @ 10g approx orally and I'll probably also do 1g of taurine topically in water as well nightly.

Are you using oral Taurine btw, and if not, why?

Also very important... what is the idea behind using TOPICAL CREATINE?

P.S nice to see you again sir, you have been missed.

Yeah progesterone is good stuff (not sure on brands though). I get my progesterone from higher doses of pregnenolone though (pure progesterone is too hard to get the dose right for me). Just let the body do the conversion instead.

Taurine at 10 grams orally is a lot. I stopped oral taurine a few weeks back b/c it was irritating my gut so I went to topical which seemed to work better. I used oral taurine when my metabolism was much slower, so not sure how it would impact me now.

Topical creatine, check out this thread : Topical Creatine For Hair

Thank you sir, miss you too buddy :D

Last edited:

Wagner83

You can check reviews online, biovea claim they ship from whatever countries you are in but once the shipment is done you realize it comes from somewhere else . Also this makes sense: "Sardar" Sanjay Matkar: FRAUD ALERT - Biovea & Seacoast Health Products . They also seem to sell "ideal" supplements of everything for cheap.
All of this raise a big red flag as far as I'm concerned. What about the progest-e from Ray's patent?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

I am using 2 grams of taurine on my head. My hair are stronger but without color so my balding spots are more visible. Is it good sign?

Yes, that is what I noticed as well. What else are you using and for how long on the taurine?

Broken man

Yes, that is what I noticed as well. What else are you using and for how long on the taurine?
I am using only taurine because its hard to find something really good in my country. I am using it 3 days in a row, I forgot that my hair are more oily. I tried Pansterone on my scalp, first 2 days was good and I am doing it before important actions with my friends but I cant use it everyday. When I am using it longer, my scalp is dry. I want try niacinamide and methylene blue.

Progesterone

Selenium sulfide shampoo (selsun blue)- two cycles while in shower each 5 minutes- so first leave on for 5 minutes rinse and apply again for another 5 minutes- that should clear sebum, itch and should see a significant decrease in shedding after the first week or so if you use it everyday in the shower. Make sure you at least do two cycles for 5 minutes, if anything less it doesn't seem to work well, but 5 minutes or more works wonders.

Why does it work?

We think it's primarily related by decreasing production of PGD2 by inhibition of PGD synthase (PGDS).

Prostaglandin-D synthase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Prostaglandin D2 Inhibits Hair Growth and Is Elevated in Bald Scalp of Men with Androgenetic Alopecia
Cadmium and/or selenium effects on guinea pig lung PGE2, TXB2 and LTC4. - PubMed - NCBI
Influence of selenium on mast cell mediator release. - PubMed - NCBI

vMSysCl.png

I also wound once a week with 1.5mm derminator and use stemoxydine and oral taurine (only a gram right now, want to try 5 grams which a guy on here claimed results). You should get results from the selenium shampoo alone though. Give it a shot, it's cheap and many members on the private forum on stopped their shedding and itch complete.

I did just get solban which I was planning to use on my face but also my try on my scalp now just to see if I respond.

Great post.

TubZy, can you please clarify exactly which selsun blue shampoo you use? There is a 2.5% one, and a bunch of 1% derivatives. I have the regular blue one for normal-oily hair 1%. Does it not really matter as long as it has 1% in it?

Also, can you please clarify the amount of time you use it in the shower? You said 5mins, rinse, then 5mins, rinse, total 10mins. In another more recent thread I think you said, 10mins, rinse, then another 10mins, total 20mins? Is this accurate? Did you find 20mins total more beneficial?

Thanks TubZy.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

tf

I am not totally clear on this but i believe 5-ar is necessary for the conversion of cholestrol to pregnenelone and then to progesterone. So 5ar deficiencies will cause lowered progesterone levels which is obviously no bueno even in men. I think a single dose of progesterone could help reset the system to utlizing that hormone and the associated cascade more effectively. I am definitely aware that i feel unemotional moreso than before fin, but also that pregneleone makes me feel detached.

This. I felt worse and even nothing when I tried progesterone. Now in combo with a thyroid surrogate (caffeine + aspirin) I feel euphoric and relaxed from it. I also feel a different effect from DHEA and even estroban when I take it with the thyroid surrogates. I think what was happening was my cortisol/estrogen were taking due to under working thyroid making me feel worse. My thyroid isn't working well enough on it's own yet to help counter cortisol dropping too low when I add strong antagonists like DHEA. When I take it in combo at the same as my surrogates (caffeine and aspirin) I get a completely different and postive response (no spaced out and zombie type feeling from DHEA anymore and same with estroban and even progesterone now). I was exeperimeting with T3 only a while back and I would feel good for an hour or two and then crash hard ( I mentioned this to you via PM a while back when you sold it to me) I think T3 didn't work that well due to the short half life since I wasn't taking T4 with it, but I prefer using the surrogates now anyways due to no suppression.

LukeL

This. I felt worse and even nothing when I tried progesterone. Now in combo with a thyroid surrogate (caffeine + aspirin) I feel euphoric and relaxed from it. I also feel a different effect from DHEA and even estroban when I take it with the thyroid surrogates. I think what was happening was my cortisol/estrogen were taking due to under working thyroid making me feel worse. My thyroid isn't working well enough on it's own yet to help counter cortisol dropping too low when I add strong antagonists like DHEA. When I take it in combo at the same as my surrogates (caffeine and aspirin) I get a completely different and postive response (no spaced out and zombie type feeling from DHEA anymore and same with estroban and even progesterone now). I was exeperimeting with T3 only a while back and I would feel good for an hour or two and then crash hard ( I mentioned this to you via PM a while back when you sold it to me) I think T3 didn't work that well due to the short half life since I wasn't taking T4 with it, but I prefer using the surrogates now anyways due to no suppression.
How much aspirin and how much caffeine are you taking per dose?

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Do you still take caffeine with vitamin C?

Yes, but my tolerance is pretty much developed now (at 200mg) so the C doesn't seem to help anymore really unless you are sensitive to caffeine or planning to up your dosage until your body adjusts, which is when it seems to help most. If you are fine and tolerant with caffeine, I wouldn't even worry about the C.

OP
TubZy

TubZy

Didn't you mention that niacinmide granted you a huge libido boost? Was there any toher negative sides besides blood sugar crashed?

Yes, but with the aspirin and caffeine combined with it at the same time, definitely feel overstimulated/under fed so I took it out for the time being and just stick with the caffeine and aspirin. Just makes it very hard to keep pounding sugar at work, when time is limited.

sladerunner69

I was following this thread. Surrogates For Thyroid Hormone

I prefer it without the niacinamide, at least for now though. It can cause some big blood sugar crashes if I don't eat enough which is a pain sometimes at work.

So were you taking @haidut 's one dose or is tirple dose to achieve the optimal dhea effect? 1g aspirin and 600mg caffiene s definitely a lot but Its doable.

Personally I ahve been tolerating caffiene (coffee) much better except for that it makes my bunghole burn, sometimes like crazy. At least I think its the coffee, but ti could be something else. I read that burning bunghole is the result of too much bile production, so that could be it because coffee and taurine and gelatin which I take in each of my coffee's are known to irritate the stomach and cause bile release.

I have been switching my hormone usage depending ony my goals for that day. I like using just 5a-dhp and caffiene, which makes me feel euphoric and pleasant but also kind of tired and careree. So if I need to be physical and go run errands and work assignments or lfit weights dhea is the way to go, with a little pregnenlone too. Or sometimes I do pregnenlone 100mg which has kind of an effect that is somewhere between dhea and 5adhp, and also seems too help my libido but can give me brain fog. With 100mg pregnenlone I actually prefer to take a couple drops dht or maybe androsterone instead of 5adhp. I have also been taking 5mg k2 in the morning and evening because I was following your recommendaitons for restoring any potential liver damage from fin. Sometimes my estrogen and stress hormones will becaome too low but it is not as drastic and irritating as it was 6 months ago, especailly that i never take mroe than 1 or 2 drops of 5ar reduced steroids these days. Energin or just b3/b6 give me a nice little sharp cognitive boost as well.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals