Post COVID question

nigma

Recently had suspected covid. At symptom onset, I tried to knock back with CO2 boosters, e.g. thyroid, progesterone, methylene blue, aspirin, thiamin, orange juice, staying warm. Not sure it helped, had a fever for 30hrs. A bit disappointed in my bodys ability to fend it off. I was hoping my metabolism was like that of a childs, where covid just bounces off them.

From my understanding of Ray Peats view... children aren't impacted from covid because of their high metabolism so their innate (non-specific) immunity is able to prevent the virus from getting established in the first place. In adults with comparatively lower metabolism innate immunity is not strong enough so the infection proceeds and adaptive (specific) immunity starts dealing with it.

I'm just wondering what Rays approach would be. What would he do in such a situation? Its funny that I don't know the answer to this, since I've been a fan of his work for 10 years. Does anyone know where he has spoken about this? I.e. If he felt a cold or flu coming on, is there something he would do to boost his metabolism to prevent it from progressing?

tankasnowgod

Recently had suspected covid. At symptom onset, I tried to knock back with CO2 boosters, e.g. thyroid, progesterone, methylene blue, aspirin, thiamin, orange juice, staying warm. Not sure it helped, had a fever for 30hrs. A bit disappointed in my bodys ability to fend it off. I was hoping my metabolism was like that of a childs, where covid just bounces off them.

You had a fever during the common cold (literally one of the best things your immune system can do to fight off a pathogen), and you are "disappointed" in your immune system for, you know, doing the exact job it's there to do? And your immune system is even showing you that you have the immune system similar to that of a child, seeing as they get fevers a lot.

I don't know where you got this idea that children are like trampolines in regards to germs.

Lollipop2

You had a fever during the common cold (literally one of the best things your immune system can do to fight off a pathogen), and you are "disappointed" in your immune system for, you know, doing the exact job it's there to do? And your immune system is even showing you that you have the immune system similar to that of a child, seeing as they get fevers a lot.

I don't know where you got this idea that children are like trampolines in regards to germs.
I was thinking the same, fever is excellent, strong immune system - lol, I personally never try to stop a fever.

OP
nigma

nigma

So one knows how Ray Peat would handle it?

brocktoon

So one knows how Ray Peat would handle it?
You asked a fair and salient question there. Peat's views on C-19, at least insofar as a treatment approach, remain either unclear or have simply not been expressed.

exile

“Q: What would be your go-to medicines/food etc, if you started to develop "Covid" like symptoms like shortness of breath and fever?

RP: Aspirin, antihistamines, and antibiotics (azithromycin has been tested in covid), vitamin D, milk, orange juice,nebulized 4% saline, lidocaine (nebulized or oral), progesterone.”

A

Adf

Anecdote here, my wife and I had the worst cough we've ever had in our lives last year that lasted 3 weeks. For 1 day of that, I had no taste or smell so I suspect Covid, as I've never experienced that before. Our cough did not back down at all for 2 weeks, couldn't take one breath without causing a coughing fit. We tried everything in my kitchen sink, which is all the immune vitamins, Ivermectin, anti virals, cough and flu medicine, then stopped taking them to try Chlorine Dioxide, then went back on the vitamins.. Nothing worked at all, the cough did not take a beat.

I then bought some colloidal silver as a Hail Mary as I've never tried that before. 10 minutes after the first dose was about a 80% recovery, it worked fast. We had a smaller persistent cough that lasted about a week, but that was heaven compared to the first 2 weeks.

Colloidal Silver is now our go to supplement for kicking a nasty bug or virus quick stat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals