Post Activity Recovery On The Road

Velve921

I need help with logistics and convenience. On road trips in the team atmosphere, logistically speaking there can be difficulty in traveling with post game recovery sucrose products unless they contain concentrates or thickening agents. After games for our team on the road, I would like to prepare a post game recovery drink but use not from concentrate liquids that have not been flouridated or added with thickening agents such as a powdered substance.

Ideally, if it exists, I would love to travel with 4-8oz bottles of OJ, tart cherry, or grape juice to make post game recovery shakes for our team. I was thinking of the below combination:

2 tbsp of gelatin
8oz of not from concentrate/pulp free juice
Pinch of salt

Does an 8oz bottle exist? Or does a powder form exist that does not contain concentrates or thickening agents?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

OP
Velve921

Velve921

For example, I would love to find a product like the one below but not a concentrate...if even possible.

Cheribundi

EIRE24

I need help with logistics and convenience. On road trips in the team atmosphere, logistically speaking there can be difficulty in traveling with post game recovery sucrose products unless they contain concentrates or thickening agents. After games for our team on the road, I would like to prepare a post game recovery drink but use not from concentrate liquids that have not been flouridated or added with thickening agents such as a powdered substance.

Ideally, if it exists, I would love to travel with 4-8oz bottles of OJ, tart cherry, or grape juice to make post game recovery shakes for our team. I was thinking of the below combination:

2 tbsp of gelatin
8oz of not from concentrate/pulp free juice
Pinch of salt

Does an 8oz bottle exist? Or does a powder form exist that does not contain concentrates or thickening agents?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'd probably go with some sort of chocolate milk rather than OJ if it were me? Just add sugar to the milk and chocolate and it's a delicious recovery drink. Could add gelatin too I presume?

800mRepeats

When I'm traveling and competing/training, I make up 1-portion baggies of powdered whatever (pre-race, in-race, recovery, etc.).
For example: collagen, casein, salt, sugar, and any supps (magnesium, glycine, taurine, etc.).
Then plan on mixing it when needed with water, juice, or milk - whichever suits me or is readily available (usually water).

May not be optimal; but, I've found it a good compromise. (In other words, the added stress of the perfect concoction just isn't worth it.)

Chocolate milk, as mentioned above, would be great. But ... it's tough enough to find good clean chocolate milk at home (where you have all the time in the world to shop and a place to keep it cold), let alone on the road. I'd rather have my baggied stuff than chocolate milk with carageenan & HFCS.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I agree that milk would be ideal...however, on a long trip logistically it may not make sense.

Thank you for all the thoughts everyone!